Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

my3cents wrote: »
    Here it is from Stena

https://www.stenaline.ie/sailebrate

€3 single fair foot passenger, book by 11pm on the 17th March

Brilliant, I booked two wales trips and one to france this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Hi, I unfortunately missed the sales last week. Does anyone know if there would normally be another sale or should I suck it up and book now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

All in all wrote: »
    Hi, I unfortunately missed the sales last week. Does anyone know if there would normally be another sale or should I suck it up and book now!

When are you travelling? There are normally discounts every couple of months and with Brexit if sales are down they might do some extra promotions.

When are you travelling? There are normally discounts every couple of months and with Brexit if sales are down they might do some extra promotions.

Going July so peak times, I was hoping their would be some type of brexit sale!
    Currently working out at approx. €470 return. I haven't travelled by ferry before so unsure what this price is like.

Currently working out at approx. €470 return. I haven't travelled by ferry before so unsure what this price is like.

Ouch! Travelling mid week and at night will make that a bit cheaper but you can normally get a min of 20% (often 25% occasionally more) off with the regular offers.

Problem I know is that people have to travel at the weekends when its most expensive.

I wouldn't book till about 6 weeks beforehand. I'd hope for a 20% off offer before then, later in the year nearer the summer its often the lower discount.

• Advertisement

Ouch! Travelling mid week and at night will make that a bit cheaper but you can normally get a min of 20% (often 25% occasionally more) off with the regular offers.

Problem I know is that people have to travel at the weekends when its most expensive.

I wouldn't book till about 6 weeks beforehand. I'd hope for a 20% off offer before then, later in the year nearer the summer its often the lower discount.

Hopefully there will be something around Easter or early May - does the ferry ever book out?

Hopefully there will be something around Easter or early May - does the ferry ever book out?

Not really, only problem is bad weather when sailings are stopped and get put on the next one but you aren't leaving it till the last minute. Places for wheelchair users is limited to 4 per sailing and they do get booked out. Travelling mid week and at night its rare for me to see more than about 40 cars on the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Only happens on st patricks day the 3 euro fares, otherwise be prepared to pay a pretty penny in other "sales".

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Yikes. €470.

I almost always travel on the first sailing Wednesday mornings (around 1:40) so save money that way. Take a sleeping bag & pillow and grab a bench seat.

Yikes. €470.

I almost always travel on the first sailing Wednesday mornings (around 1:40) so save money that way. Take a sleeping bag & pillow and grab a bench seat.

If it was just myself no problem, but with young kids in tow it wouldn’t work.

As a previous poster suggested I will hold fire for another few weeks and see if there is a sale in the mean time.

• Advertisement

As a previous poster suggested I will hold fire for another few weeks and see if there is a sale in the mean time.

No idea what price difference it makes but there's often a "Kids go free" offer later in the year but I suspect 25% off would be the better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Yes, understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Sale started again today

Sale started again today

You sure? I got an email (Irish Ferries) about booking for France and only needing a €100 deposit but nothing about discounts?

Signed with both during the week and just now got email with 20% off stena, so will probably just go with that even though Pembroke would suit slightly better.

Signed with both during the week and just now got email with 20% off stena, so will probably just go with that even though Pembroke would suit slightly better.

Forgot to mention that you get the 20% off offer when you sign up to promotional emails from Stena. iirc you get the email for the offer and it last a week?

You say Pembroke would suit better but I've neighbors who do the run fairly often with kids and they have moved over to using Stena from IF because the timings of the sailings suit them better and there is more to occupy the kids on the Stena ferries.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Hey all,

I'm a frequent traveller on Stenaline/Irish Ferries however I avail of the discount price of €7 each way due to the fact I work with CIE which is dead handy. I'm just wondering if anyone has a discount code that I could use for my girlfriend?

She's coming over for Easter and it'd be great to save even more 😁😁

Got all booked this evening, thanks for the advice. 25% sale with Irish ferries at the minute, no code or anything needed.

Got all booked this evening, thanks for the advice. 25% sale with Irish ferries at the minute, no code or anything needed.

The swines didn't even bother to send me an email to tell me :mad:

There will be emails flowing if I don't get notification ;) Whats the point of signing up for offers when they don't tell you.

The swines didn't even bother to send me an email to tell me :mad:

There will be emails flowing if I don't get notification ;) Whats the point of signing up for offers when they don't tell you.

I got an email an hour ago off them. Will definitely be booking a good few trips

• Advertisement

Stenaline - Use offer code SHINE25 before 24 April for 25% off

Irish Ferries - No offer code needed. 25% off if booked before 24 April

Huza91 wrote: »
    Stenaline - Use offer code SHINE25 before 24 April for 25% off

Irish Ferries - No offer code needed. 25% off if booked before 24 April

A definite complaint to Irish Ferries then :rolleyes: got the Stena offer but didn't get sent the IF one. Its not like I'm not on the list as only last week they sent me some offer about trips to France.

20% off Britain with Irish Ferries.

Offer ends Tuesday next May 7th

#SAILINSTYLE

No doubt there will be a similar Stena offer?

20% off Britain with Irish Ferries.

Offer ends Tuesday next May 7th

#SAILINSTYLE

No doubt there will be a similar Stena offer?

Thanks for posting this :) I think Stena will come out with one soon!! Going forward, everyone please include the fine print as seen below.

Valid on all Irish Sea routes. Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 7 May 2019. Travel from the 4 May up to 30 June 2019 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability.Excludes: freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, next day return fares, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements

And the same offer from Stena

Save 20% off motorist fares, just use the offer code BUZZOFF20 before 23.00hrs on Tuesday 7 May.

Funny that the T&C's are exactly the same as IF with the possible exception that there isn't a next day return exclusion but you'd have to try and book a next day return to see if thats allowed.

And again 20% off from IF but check Stena as you don't get an offer from one without the other

20% off on the Irish Sea - Terms & Conditions
    Valid on all Irish Sea routes.
    Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 22 May 2019.
    Travel from the 18 May up to 18 December 2019 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability.
    Excludes: freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, next day return fares, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements.
    Fees for non-web bookings apply.
    Standard terms & conditions of booking & travel apply.
    Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion.
    Irish Ferries reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

LOL that was the email I got but when I went the the IF site and looked for an offer its 25% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

There are probably more days of the year when there are 20/25% off IF / Stena Irish Sea sailings than not.

If you're paying cash €400 is a lot to pay for a return daytime crossing for a couple of people, but the 20/25% off sounds like a good deal and I imagine most bookings avail of this. If they just charged this in the first place €300 still sounds significant and I imagine their bookings would fall.

Long gone are the says when you could make a Premium booking with Stena on the HSS without a surcharge and use Tesco tokens and collect Extra points. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I see there's a "days away" deal on Stena at the mo where you can get a return journey for €15.50 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, or €7 on Tuesdays, to spend a few hours in Holyhead :o

You have to book the return journey the same day back though and the departing ferry seems to only leave Dublin on the 08:10 ferry.

The usual foot passenger price is about €40 each way. Has anyone tried book 2 of these journeys, say for a Thursday and a Sunday, so go over on a Thursday, but not take the return journey, then come back on a Sunday, having not taken the outward journey? It'd work out at €31 instead of €80 pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

cormie wrote: »
    I see there's a "days away" deal on Stena at the mo where you can get a return journey for €15.50 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, or €7 on Tuesdays, to spend a few hours in Holyhead :o

You have to book the return journey the same day back though and the departing ferry seems to only leave Dublin on the 08:10 ferry.

The usual foot passenger price is about €40 each way. Has anyone tried book 2 of these journeys, say for a Thursday and a Sunday, so go over on a Thursday, but not take the return journey, then come back on a Sunday, having not taken the outward journey? It'd work out at €31 instead of €80 pp.

Was able to do this as a foot passenger about 15 years ago sailed out on a day return Monday and came back on a day return Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hehe, cool, so you just took the foot passenger bus off and didn't go back the same day and just went back on the Friday having not sailed that day and no Q's asked?

Advertisement