If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW TV MODELS STARTING TO COME INTO STOCK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Blurg

Hi John,

I've seen the Samsung LE40A656 on www.richersounds.com, is this available for delivery to Dublin?

Cheers

Blurg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi TCP/IP

I'll chase up our reps on Tuesday to see if we can pin them down to a release date for this TV.

If its any consolation the launch date must be getting closer.....

Cheers
    Ash

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Cheers Ash hopfully it wont be to long now

Hi TCP/IP

Well the latest release date news on the 21:9 CineWide TV is mid to end of May according to our rep this morning.

Once they can give me a more firm date I'll let you know.

cheers
    Ash

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thx a mill Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

hi guys ( john and ash )

i'am interested in upgrading my old tv for a 47" philips lcd full hd 100hz series 7 i think:confused: i was looking at one in a shop the other day well it was a 42" series 7 the guy said he would get back to me with a price for the 47" but i havn't heard anything from him yet, probably due to the bank holiday. not really stuck on a philips it was just the tv with the best picture in there range in the shop, i wasn't actually intending on buying a new tv at all i was just collecting a new dishwasher in the shop when i started looking at the range of tvs.

anyhow i think i will go ahead and get a new tv. so i'am looking for some advice and good prices;). requirements would be 47"-52" lcd full hd and minimum 100hz. i have sky through satellite and terrestrial tv through arial so iam not sure about this mpeg4 thingy do i /or will i need it at some stage? can it be delivered to co.waterford? if so how much? i would also be looking for a 5yr warranty and a top notch picture.

what are yere thoughts and suggestions on this ?

now here is the tricky part can this be done for around €1400

cheers
    lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

ok here is the update
    the guy in the shop came back to me
    philips 47" series 7 €1599
    philips 47" series 9 €2700 (mpeg4)

then today i went to a guy selling sony, jvc, sharp
    jvc 47" lcd full hd, 10-bit ips panel, 100hz €1099
    sharp 46" lcd full hd 5yr gaurantee €1099
    sony 52" KDL52V4000 3yr gaurantee €1499
    sony 52" V5500 3yr gaurantee €1900 (mpeg4)

the philips series 9 is out of my price range so its between the philips series 7 and the sony KDL52V4000.

any thoughts which set is the better and most importantly why??

or am i mad leaving the sony 52V5500 for which i consider is a good price and it has this mpeg4 thingy from which i can gather we will all need this summer.

any thoughts greatly appreciated:D

thanks
    lucky

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Lucky,

Hope it was not one of my guys from The Philips Shop or Richer who did not come back to you?

Anyway here is 47" Philips Boardies pricing:

47PFL5603D (no 100Hz/Mpeg4)
    €979.99

47PFL9603D (100HZ/No Mpeg4) €1599.99
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl9603d_10/47pfl9603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

47PFL7603D (no 100Hz/Mpeg4) €1249.99
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl7603d_10/47pfl7603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

Drop me a line if any of these are interesting!

ATB,

John Mc
    lucky-colm wrote: »
    ok here is the update
    the guy in the shop came back to me
    philips 47" series 7 €1599
    philips 47" series 9 €2700 (mpeg4)

then today i went to a guy selling sony, jvc, sharp
    jvc 47" lcd full hd, 10-bit ips panel, 100hz €1099
    sharp 46" lcd full hd 5yr gaurantee €1099
    sony 52" KDL52V4000 3yr gaurantee €1499
    sony 52" V5500 3yr gaurantee €1900 (mpeg4)

the philips series 9 is out of my price range so its between the philips series 7 and the sony KDL52V4000.

any thoughts which set is the better and most importantly why??

or am i mad leaving the sony 52V5500 for which i consider is a good price and it has this mpeg4 thingy from which i can gather we will all need this summer.

any thoughts greatly appreciated:D

thanks
    lucky

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CONOR00

John
    I want free sat/HDTV enabled 28"/32" LCD suitable for RoI. Please advise what you have and cost.
    Conor
    Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kidsam

Hi John

Looking for a sammy le40b650, I see you have them online for £790 but in store only, any chance of getting one of these delivered to louth in the very near future:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Hi John,

I was considering buying this tv from richersounds (at £344.95 it seems like great value) but I can't seem to find out for sure if it has a tuner which will be compatible with Irish DTT broadcasts if it ever gets up and running. Can you clarify the position for me please? Could you also suggest some other mpeg4 compatible TV's?

Many thanks.

Ok, I found out it has an mpeg4 avc tuner. Can you ship the LE32B450 to Meath?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

HI JOHN,
    IM JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD DEALS ON THE PHILIPS AMBILIGHT TVs? IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BETWEEN A 37" AND A 42". biggrin.gifiF THERE WERE EX DISPLAY MODELS IN GOOD NICK THEN IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT SORT OF PRICE THEY ARE GOING FOR?wink.gif IF THERE ARE NONE OF THE PHILLIPS THEN ANY ALTERNATIVE RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. WE HAVE A BUDGET OF €400-€800 FOR A GOOD TV.
    ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!
    THANKSeek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

CONOR00 wrote: »
    John
    I want free sat/HDTV enabled 28"/32" LCD suitable for RoI. Please advise what you have and cost.
    Conor
    Kilkenny

Hi Conor.

Unfortunately freesat models in the 32" size are pretty scarce and I don't know of any as small as 28". Pana and LG are the only 2 companies who seem to be close to bringing out models.

The 2 that I refer to are :

Panasonic TXL32G10 - This is a UK model as are all the freesat models but it does not have an VHF tuner on-board. http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TXL32G10B

The LG is a 32LF7700. http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_32lf7700.jhtml This has an MPEG4 tuner on-board for Irish freeview as well as the freesat tuner and although I don't have a price on it at present, the 37" model is currently £699.95.

Both these models are just new to the market and the Pana is expected into to the warehouse next week with the LG looking like it's going to be a couple of weeks away.

The other option is to go for a full HD TV and add a freesat box. The LG 32LH3000 at £429.95 with a freesat box at £129.95 would certainly be a viable alternative. http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=LG-32LH30STARSTAR

I hope this helps, but let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Kidsam.

Unfortunately due to high demand this is strictly an in-store product only. We don't like doing this as we always like to sort out the people who find it difficult to travel to us, but due to poor availability and high demand we don't have any choice on this one.

If there's any other TV you are interested in, let me know or we can put your name on a Sammy and when fresh stocks arrive, we'll hold one for you.

Sorry.

Dave

HI JOHN/Dave,
    IM JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD DEALS ON THE PHILIPS AMBILIGHT TVs? IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BETWEEN A 37" AND A 42". biggrin.gifiF THERE WERE EX DISPLAY MODELS IN GOOD NICK THEN IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT SORT OF PRICE THEY ARE GOING FOR?wink.gif IF THERE ARE NONE OF THE PHILLIPS THEN ANY ALTERNATIVE RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. WE HAVE A BUDGET OF €400-€800 FOR A GOOD TV.
    THANKSeek.gif
    user_offline.gif

Ok, I found out it has an mpeg4 avc tuner. Can you ship the LE32B450 to Meath?

Many thanks.

Hi voodoo.

Unfortunately the Samsung 32B450 is in a very similar situation to the B650 40". It's an in-store only product again due to poor availability.

Is it something with MPEG4 that you are specifically looking for ?

Cheers

Dave

Ragglepuss wrote: »
    HI JOHN/Dave,
    THANKSeek.gif
    user_offline.gif

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Ragglepuss,

We have a very nice Philips 42" Full HD Ambi TV here at the moment ex-demo that might be what you're after.

Its a little above your budget as the best I can offer is €850.00 but It’s a brill set. The 42PFL7603. See link below for specs...

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7603d_10/42pfl7603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

It’s a full HD LCD 1080p TV. Contrast is 30,000:1 and it has four HDMI connections.

The ambilight is a bit more recessed on the set than some of our older models so you can't really see it from the side and it’s a lot more vibrant than the previous version.

If you have any questions give the store a shout or even better if you're around pop in and you can a have a good look at it in the flesh.

Hope this helps, Thanks.

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

hi guys im looking for a 26" lcd tv for my ps3 , i have 350 euros to spend, i want the best picture i can get for the money , brand names dont concern me, do you have an actual shop or is it post n shipping as i need it tomorrow ,if you could let me know what you have with all the available specs my money is you money , im based in dublin

Hi there.

If you need it quickly, the 26" in the Philips Shop may be the one for you.

Give them a bell on 01 4740788 and speak to Ash or PM him.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

AshMiller wrote: »
    Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Ragglepuss,

We have a very nice Philips 42" Full HD Ambi TV here at the moment ex-demo that might be what you're after.

Its a little above your budget as the best I can offer is €850.00 but It’s a brill set. The 42PFL7603. See link below for specs...

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7603d_10/42pfl7603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

It’s a full HD LCD 1080p TV. Contrast is 30,000:1 and it has four HDMI connections.

The ambilight is a bit more recessed on the set than some of our older models so you can't really see it from the side and it’s a lot more vibrant than the previous version.

If you have any questions give the store a shout or even better if you're around pop in and you can a have a good look at it in the flesh.

Hope this helps, Thanks.

Nicola

HI Nicola,
    Thanks a million for the info and it sounds good. Im just after installing the Philips Cineos HTS9800W DVD SACD Home Theatre System and Im just a little concerned with the amount of space which I have left available after installing this great theatre system. A 42'' may bit a little tight as the room is not that big. I will have to do a little more measuring!
    Just out of interest have you anything else in a smaller size - 37'' to 40'' which is as good value? It does not have to be ambilight but would eiter prefer ambilight or a black finish to tie in with the theatre system?
    I have looked on other sites and found a Sony KDL37V4000 37 inch LCD TV
    for 600 euros and it seems good value but I would rather deal with a company like yourselves if you had something of similar spec etc?
    Thanks for all your help and ill await your/Johns response.

Hi voodoo.

Unfortunately the Samsung 32B450 is in a very similar situation to the B650 40". It's an in-store only product again due to poor availability.

Is it something with MPEG4 that you are specifically looking for ?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, I'm looking for a 32 inch LCD, Mpeg4 preferably, but I'm open to suggestions,

Many thanks.

Hi Almanu

Have a looksee at this
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/26pfl3403_10/26pfl3403_10_pss_eng.pdf

It's our 26PFL3403 might be what you are looking for.
    It's €379.99 at the moment.

Let me know what you think

atb
    Ash

Hi Ragglepuss

We have the 37PFL5603
    Its a Pixel Plus Full HD LCD TV which is priced at €799.99

Check it out below
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl5603d_10/37pfl5603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

Your DVD system is a very good one perhaps you should have a look at this - the 37PFL9603 which we are selling at €1299.99 (down from €1499.99)
    This one is the business!

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl9603d_10/37pfl9603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

Enjoy your HTS9800 - oh by the way it would be worth your while to get your hands on some SACD's for it as they can sound quite spectacular - Nine Inch Nails, The Downward Spiral is pretty awsome (not to everyones taste of music mind!) for instance.

cheers
    ASH

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DonKing

Hello Dave/John,

I'm dead set on getting the LG 50PS8000.

I see its advertised here as in-store only
    http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=LG-50PS8000

Is there any chance you could deliver it to Dublin??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

Ash,
    Any idea when the new range of philips LCD is due in - the Net TV on the 32" 8404 looks interesting.

Hi Loughan

According to my release sheet the 8404 range is due for release in June
    There will be 4 in the range: 32" 37" 42" and 47"

Below are the spec for all bar the 47" which hasnt been publish on line yet.

I'm looking forward to this range of TV's as they have some pretty cool features and technology on board.

Net TV, more connections that most people will be able to feed, USB port that will play MP3/JPEG & H.264 AVC - great for all the Full HD camcorder users out there and Ambilight to name a few.

Oh these TV's have been put on a diet as well, The 37" 8 series weighs in at over 5kg LESS than a 37" 9 series, that will give your wall a break (and I should mention us lot in the shop....thankfully the days of man-handling 32" CRT sets around my stock room are a distant memory)

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl8404h_12/32pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl8404h_12/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Pricing on the range is as follows.
    32" €899.99
    37" €1099.99
    42" €1299.99
    47" €1599.99

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 42 angela59

Hello Dave/John,

Husband spotted a 19" Tevion LCD tv and DVD combi on an aldi flyer, its HD ready and contrast ratio is 1000:1 costs E229 down south - would you have anything similar to this? How much would it be in shop or to be delivered and could you give me a price for wall bracket also.

Many thanks

Angela59

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi Dave....Am looking for a 37' or 40 lcd, which supports 24p playback capability. Would like to know if the 37LG3000 has this feature? I have an sr11 ntsc American,camcorder, & heard tht it will display via hdmi only on 24p supported lcd tv's. please reply soon. many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Hi Dave, I am looking for a samsung ue46b8000. After being with sony for 10 years and spending €11000 in the sony shop just over 1 year ago. I will never set foot inside one again. Its a long story be the tv broke just outside the 1 yr warranty. Any help would be great. Can you deliver to Drogheda? Thanks Rick

This discussion has been closed.