If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW TV MODELS STARTING TO COME INTO STOCK!

Options
  • 12-03-2009 7:39pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Finally we are starting to see some new models from Sony, Samsung & Philips

Here are this week's crop:

Sony 32V5500 - Due this week - £599.95 - In-store shoppers only

Samsung - LE32B450 - Due this week - £429.95 - In-store shoppers only

Samsung - LE40B650 - Due this week - £899.95 - In-store shoppers only

Philips - 32PFL9613H MPEG 4 - Available ex-stock - EURO - €1049

We have to make some of the new stock in-store only as stock is tight however we hope to get improved stock availability over the coming weeks to allow us to ship.

We do have stocks of the following available again now:

Sony KDL37V4000 37" - £449.95 - Available for shipping

Samsung LE46A686 46" - £999.95 - Available for shipping

Pioneer KRL32V 32" - £699.95 - Available for shipping

Samsung SM933 19" - £179 - Available for shipping

Philips 26PFL3403 D 26" - £299.95 - Available for shipping

Philips 42PFL5603D 1080P 42" - EURO €779.95 -Available for shipping

And have a look at the sterling / Euro rate - it's coming back towards .94tonight! :D

Thanks as ever and drop me a line if we can assist.

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

John,

I bought a 46 inch Samsung series 6 off you last year but its a bit small in my sitting room (26ft x 16ft). However 46inch tvs appear to be at the upper end of the size range that R'sounds and others do. Is there little demand for bigger lcd tvs, i.e. over 52 inch or is this plasma/projector territory only?

The wife is starting to calm down now after I spent almost €2,500 on tv/av amp/speakers in R'sounds last July and I think its safe to broach the subject of a larger tv to replace the Sammy so what are the options that will also be MPEG 4 ready?

Cheers

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hiya David,
    remember you well and thanks for the post.

We do a good few sets above 46 including the stunning and soon to be departed Pioneer Plasma range - PDP5090 50" at £1699 - the 6090 60" at £3399 (that's about £300 cheaper than anyone online in the UK today!) the KRP500 50" at £2399 (just gone up I'm afraid!) and the stunning - I want one of those KRP600 at £3799 - just gone down!)

We also stock the following biggies:

LG - 50PG3000 Plasma - £649.95
    Sammy - PS50a476 - £779.95
    Philips - 52PFL7203H (inc MPEG4) EURO €1729.99
    Philips 52PFL9703D - EURO €2999.99

Most of those are available ex-stock - however have you seen the press on the new Philips 21:9 set yet???? I have seen it in the flesh and it is just astounding - I cannot believe I'm going to say this but I think I want one more than a KRP600! It's just the only way to watch movies - I'm trying to arrange a Boardies exclusive Irish launch for it in April (can't promise it tho') it's a 56" and it's going to be s e r i o u s l y expensive - so if you were remotely interested you had best ensure the wife was calm to the point of being in a coma before you suggested it!

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way and thanks again for the post.
    ATB,

John Mc
    John,

I bought a 46 inch Samsung series 6 off you last year but its a bit small in my sitting room (26ft x 16ft). However 46inch tvs appear to be at the upper end of the size range that R'sounds and others do. Is there little demand for bigger lcd tvs, i.e. over 52 inch or is this plasma/projector territory only?

The wife is starting to calm down now after I spent almost €2,500 on tv/av amp/speakers in R'sounds last July and I think its safe to broach the subject of a larger tv to replace the Sammy so what are the options that will also be MPEG 4 ready?

Cheers

David

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi John,
    Regarding the new Philips 21:9 ratio displays, surely content is limited. As you know Bluray disks are 16:9 so there must be some serious scaling etc going on. Who exactly are these screens aimed at? Do they zoom in until the black bars top and bottom have disappeared. Just trying to understand the tech. Not for watching the soaps on thats for sure.
    Thanks,
    Moo

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Frank11

Do you have, or will you be getting, any Samsung Series 7 LCD's.
    I'll take two 40" off ya if the price is right with delivery to Dublin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

johnmc wrote: »
    We do a good few sets above 46 including the stunning and soon to be departed Pioneer Plasma range - PDP5090 50" at £1699 - the 6090 60" at £3399 (that's about £300 cheaper than anyone online in the UK today!) the KRP500 50" at £2399 (just gone up I'm afraid!) and the stunning - I want one of those KRP600 at £3799 - just gone down!)

Err, I'm afraid that isn't correct, TLC dropped their prices lower then you a few days ago

PDP-LX6090 £3,199.00 here:
    http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/60inch-ready-1080p-kuro-generation-includes-free-5year-warranty-p-229.html

KRP-600A £3,599.00 here:
    http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/60inch-full-kuro-plasma-with-media-receiver-includes-free-5year-warranty-p-458.html

KRP-500A £2,295.00 here:
    http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/full-kuro-plasma-includes-free-5year-warranty-p-373.html

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    Regarding the new Philips 21:9 ratio displays, surely content is limited. As you know Bluray disks are 16:9 so there must be some serious scaling etc going on. Who exactly are these screens aimed at? Do they zoom in until the black bars top and bottom have disappeared. Just trying to understand the tech. Not for watching the soaps on thats for sure.
    Thanks,
    Moo

Hi Moo,

Thanks for the post - regarding the limited content - not really the case - this is the preferred format for Bluray in fact normal 16:9 LCD televisions compromise on the viewing experience either by changing the aspect ratio to fill the screen – losing the full scope of the original shot – or by inserting distracting black bars (letterboxing) at the top and bottom of the screen. Cinema 21:9 overcomes these issues and displays 2.39:1 movie perfectly - this is the format for pretty much all bluray.

However - and it is a big however - when it comes to Eastenders and traditional aspect ratio broadcasts the reverse will apply - Philips have developed an Auto formatting programme to fill the screen which I have seen in action and it looks great - however that was on their own content - I have not tried it flicking around the channels to see how the 'edge stretching' works in practice - however you can switch it off and get back to those nice black bars (on the sides this time).

To sum up - this really is not a TV for the playroom (unless you have a very large playroom)- it's a TV for watching movies - and to be honest when it comes to that, putting all the issues and potential issues aside this format is just plain stunning and I hope that other manufacturers other than Philips and Hitachi adopt it PDQ - on a pure emotional and experience level - leaving aside any technical and branding issues it is really like going to the movies as opposed to watching TV!

Wait until you see it!

ATB,

John Mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_eu6OI36Us

Have a look at a very fuzzy you tube movie on the 21.9

ATB,

John Mc

And another one - even more amateur but give a bit of perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbBTmz8recI&feature=related

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,
    Don't get me wrong I love the theory of viewing movies in the correct ratio just as the director intended, but the reality is Bluray have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and if it is letterbox format the res of the movie itself is something like 1920 x 800 (a guess) therefore scaling the image to the native res of the 21:9 panel involves a lot of scaling and processing in the video chain and surely that can't be good.

In a perfect world there would be 2560 x 1080 (res of 21:9 panel) media and a player to support said media which I can't see happening any time soon.
    Currently 60% of Blurays and DVD's are encoded in letterbox format by the way so not quite nearly all.

Philips have to be admired for a giant step in the right direction though and hopefully in the future this format will be fully supported and when that happens you can be sure I'll be first in the queue for one.
    Thanks again,
    Moo.

Hi John,
    Don't get me wrong I love the theory of viewing movies in the correct ratio just as the director intended, but the reality is Bluray have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and if it is letterbox format the res of the movie itself is something like 1920 x 800 (a guess) therefore scaling the image to the native res of the 21:9 panel involves a lot of scaling and processing in the video chain and surely that can't be good.

In a perfect world there would be 2560 x 1080 (res of 21:9 panel) media and a player to support said media which I can't see happening any time soon.
    Currently 60% of Blurays and DVD's are encoded in letterbox format by the way so not quite nearly all.

Philips have to be admired for a giant step in the right direction though and hopefully in the future this format will be fully supported and when that happens you can be sure I'll be first in the queue for one.
    Thanks again,
    Moo.

Mollers,

here is a quote from an Ashley post who is a complete Anorak and he has the time to look at his collection of Blu ray discs (which he has hidden around his house from his missus....;) )

Just out of interest I had a little look through my BR & HD-DVD discs tonight to see just how many would get the full benefit from this TV, the results I thought were quite interesting.

I have far more discs with wider ratios than 16:9 (I have FAR too many discs)

Out of 76 HD discs, 54 are 2.35:1 (or wider ratio - a few state they are 2.40:1 on the box but have exactly the same sized bars top and bottom as 2.35:1 films - I measured..) compared to 22 with ratios closer to 16:9 (1.77, 1.78 & 1.85:1)
    (oh and 28 Laser Discs in 2.35:1 and 5 in the 1.85:1 ratio, but they don't get spun very much now but gez my LD player is sexy looking..)

My DVD collection also favours the wider ratio by a huge margin as well (tried to avoid any ratio/wide puns there..

I have one DVD, The Bridge On The River Kwai, which is formatted at 2.55:1.

Constant Image Height front projection systems seem to be getting popular in the America for those with VERY, VERY DEEP pockets - you'll wince when you see the price of the anamorphic lens systems alone to add to compatiable projectors - So for those lucky people who want to get the best from the bulk of their superwide films this TV would be an ideal soloution.

So now you know Ash really IS a complete anorak and should be standing facing the corner with The Ritz in the HE Forums....

I'll let you know when it comes in and we are trying to arrange a sneaky Irish preview for Boardies..

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    I know there are plenty of discs in the wide format, the point I'm making is that there is no media or hardware that supports the native res of the panel, that's my only concern, no 1:1 pixel mapping therefore lots of processing and scaling. I'm fully aware of projector tech and anamorphic (spelling!) lens, but at least you can watch any ratio with that kind of setup.
    maybe as a second tv in a playroom it might have some place in the market.

Moo,

Oh I agree - it's 110% a second (luxury) TV - no doubt about that!

ATB,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abuboy

Hi John,

Do you still have availability on the Sony KDL37V4000 37" @ £449.95 ?
    How much would shipping to Limerick be?

abuboy wrote: »
    Hi John,

Do you still have availability on the Sony KDL37V4000 37" @ £449.95 ?
    How much would shipping to Limerick be?

Alu,

yep that's in stock ready to go - shipping is just £19.99 for all Boardies on TV,

Drop me a line if you would like me to sort one out for you or give the guys a call on 01.671.9666

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

Frank11 wrote: »
    Do you have, or will you be getting, any Samsung Series 7 LCD's.
    I'll take two 40" off ya if the price is right with delivery to Dublin.

Frank,

apologies I missed your post - I just spotted it this morning!

We don't have any stock of the Sammy 7 series - however we are expecting the shiny new B650 this week have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE40B650

Drop me aline if these or any other TV from the www.richersounds.com site grabs your fancy!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arse_jackeen

johnmc wrote: »
    Frank,

apologies I missed your post - I just spotted it this morning!

We don't have any stock of the Sammy 7 series - however we are expecting the shiny new B650 this week have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE40B650

Drop me aline if these or any other TV from the www.richersounds.com site grabs your fancy!

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,
    Will you also have the 46" of the B650 coming in? If so, what price will it be please?

Regards,
    AJ

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi John,

I would take one of those new 21:9 screens from you. Any idea when I could drive up and take a look. Looking to replace my Pioneer 50 inch.

Cheers
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

Just like to say thanks for the PAnasonic th42pz80 I received last week.
    Great service and price.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi TCP/IP

I've been speaking with our Philips contacts today and the (very) unoffical word is there "maybe" a few of these rolled out over the next month or so.

One thing is for certain, as soon as Philips Ireland get one John and I will move mountains to get it into The Philips Shop, even if it involves a covert raid on their HQ to scoop one!

As I mentioned in a thread about the Cinewide TV last month as soon as we have one Boardies will be the FIRST to know.

Johns seen it in action and wants one for himself - in fact he's been raving to me about it - now considering he gets to see and sell some pretty exciting TV's through Richer Sounds in Belfast thats a pretty good indication that its slick TV...

So keep your eyes peel on this site - it will be anounced here first..

atb
    Ash

Cheers Ash,

Thanks for the heads up. If you can put my name on one that would be super. In the middle of doing up the living room and an good excuse to upgrade the screen.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    Will you also have the 46" of the B650 coming in? If so, what price will it be please?

Regards,
    AJ

AJ,

No news yet on the 46" B650 - but I'll fire an email off to Purchasing and see what the story is - we are still receiving the 46A686 at £999 on our deliveries at the moment so I can only guess that the 46B650 is still a little way off - but then that's before I ask the question!

Thanks for the post,

ATB,

John Mc

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Cheers Ash,

Thanks for the heads up. If you can put my name on one that would be super. In the middle of doing up the living room and an good excuse to upgrade the screen.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

TCP,
    Thanks for that - I honestly can't rave enough about this screen - I saw it with about 30 other industry hacks and to a man we were all blown away - maybe not even by the technology or the picture quality - these things for some reason none of us even checked out - but rather by the sheer experience!

We are trying to get the Irish launch to be a Boardies only launch and we will start a thread soon testing the water to see if Boardies are interested in coming along to see it some night soon!

Thanks again and we will keep you posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John,

Super stuff. Would it be possible to buy one on the night and take it away or will this just be a launch.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

TC,

Not sure (But I would hope so) - we don't even have a 100% confirmed price at the moment - I'll chase the big bods at Philips today and try and find out and revert,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭konline

Me and my friend are really happy with the Samsung - LE40B650 LCD TV, which we bought on St Patricks Day. It has cool features like Media Player and Internet to browse Youtube, etc. I haven't tried the DNLE feature yet.

My TV is like a display model for my friends who have shown interest in the same TV. Hopefully a couple of them will give you a call soon.
    Thanks to RicherSounds team.
    -KOnline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abuboy

My new Sony 37" was ordered on Monday last week and delivered on Friday morning. Thanks to JohnMc and Dave for an easy pleasant transaction and speedy delivery. It's been a pleasure doing business with you and I won't hesitate to recommend you to friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smartbodydublin

Hello John,

I had wanted to order a Samsung PS 50A456/7, but they were no longer for sale by delivery when I was ready to move on one.

There are plenty to be had from Dixons or Currys in Dublin, but I am not keen to buy their 5 year warrenty, simply because I have less faith in them being in business in a few years then RicherSounds, who have been trading since I was too young to buy from them. I'm 42 now!

The 5 year warrenty from the DSH group is e200 which is ok, but I wanted to buy from Richersounds which has even better priced extended warrenty that I have faith in, but am now waiting for a comparable set to the Samsung PS 50A456 to come into stock.

The lady loves her Series 4 42'' Samsung for standard definition which we are all mostly using, and which some sets are poor at, so she looked at it's 50inch verision and found that, too her eyes it being the most appealing.

So hope for some good news regarding incoming stock of Samsung Plasmas.

Do you cover your own warrenties, as in it is Richersounds who undertakes the repairs to goods, or is it a insurance policy product, that covers the cost of repairs engaged by an outside business.

Hope to hear back.

Pat, Dublin.

Bought many an upgrade cd, speaker and amp from Richersounds when they operated on Dublin's Quays.

Hi Smart,

apologies I missed your post!

We have 1 PS50A476 left which has just gone out on display so it is an open box model which I can do at just £729.95 with the 5 year panel protection at £ 72.95 - ie a total of £803 (call it £799!)

We cover our own warranties and we don't use any insurance companies - if you ask any of the boardieswho have had to invoke their supercares or panel protections over the last few years I'm sure they will vouch for what excellent value it is (especially the suprecare on Audio kit which is 10% of the purchase price and refundable after 5 years! :eek:)

However the panel protection is a no brainer especially if you are buying a 32" and above as god forbid if anything goes wrong with the Tv and we cannot repair it, you normally end up with a much higher spec unit!

Thanks again ofr the mail and the kind comments and please drop me a mail if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc
    Hello John,

I had wanted to order a Samsung PS 50A456/7, but they were no longer for sale by delivery when I was ready to move on one.

There are plenty to be had from Dixons or Currys in Dublin, but I am not keen to buy their 5 year warrenty, simply because I have less faith in them being in business in a few years then RicherSounds, who have been trading since I was too young to buy from them. I'm 42 now!

The 5 year warrenty from the DSH group is e200 which is ok, but I wanted to buy from Richersounds which has even better priced extended warrenty that I have faith in, but am now waiting for a comparable set to the Samsung PS 50A456 to come into stock.

The lady loves her Series 4 42'' Samsung for standard definition which we are all mostly using, and which some sets are poor at, so she looked at it's 50inch verision and found that, too her eyes it being the most appealing.

So hope for some good news regarding incoming stock of Samsung Plasmas.

Do you cover your own warrenties, as in it is Richersounds who undertakes the repairs to goods, or is it a insurance policy product, that covers the cost of repairs engaged by an outside business.

Hope to hear back.

Pat, Dublin.

Bought many an upgrade cd, speaker and amp from Richersounds when they operated on Dublin's Quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smartbodydublin

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back.

I would be certainly dealing with your shop in the future, and would have jumped at that 50'' Samsung, but am not up to the 100 mile drive at the moment and don't have any contacts to help with a van, plus I'm sure it wont fit in my Ford Focus.

The lady will be buying it, and she has to get back to me. I doubt it will be there for long, but thanks for the heads up, and I'll get back to you, if I can sort something out.

I used Richersounds in Dublin when it was here to upgrade through a few amps, cd players and speakers, yep...I was so afflicted...ha ha. Typically good deals always to be had, glad your operating such a friendly service from Belfast. I will look there first for anything in the future and be advising my own circle that your warranties on TVs are industry beaters.

If I can get 5 years worth out of budget priced set (I'm budget type of person), I'm content, as would most folk be. One year manufacturer warrenties are just not comforting on expensive to fix tvs.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Any idea when the 21:9 will be ready.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

This discussion has been closed.