Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Get Hang Overs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Clearly you must be about 18 years of age.
    Don't worry, your day will come. When you hit 30 it will take you two days to get over a night on the town.
    It's hell.
    :(

couldnt agree more. I started getting bad ones from about 24 on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I rarely get any sort of a hangover. I'm always tired, but no headache or anything like that. I do drink a fair bit of water before going to bed, and i try to eat some bread as well. And i always have a craving for an egg sandwich the morning after a heavy night out as well...no idea why (maybe its all the salt)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

I find the older you get the worse it gets.... seriously worse. If i have a good night at it i can guarentee you it will take me two to three days to feel myself again. The day after... forget about it... im fit for nothing.

So the moral of the story is... enjoy the early days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Only one.

Leaving Cert results 2008.
    Went to a friend's house at around 2 pm, vodka, Malibu/TK (Which is absolutely mank), and smoked some Hookah (which tastes aweful but makes you feel :D:D.

Later went out to town, headache started around 11pm, went to a pub, had some WKD Blue, then tried to get into Molly's, no luck, underaged :(.

Then got a taxi with people pack to another lad's house, had some more vodka, then wondered home around 4 am.

The hangover, not completely unbearable, only on the left side, stayed on till about 11 that night.

24 hour hangover...not nice :(

I put it down to mixing drinks a little, and the Hookah

Still though....one hell of a night!!:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have never had one before, most excellent. I am bright and fresh and 9am while poeple are dying, it's funny. muahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Bud gives horrid hangovers

You should try drinking beer instead of beer-flavoured chemicals.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Depends, 2 weekends ago I was up till 4am drinking wine, still slightly drunk when I got up at 11am.....was woefully ill feeling all day, spent most of the day running back and forwards to the loo with false alarms.
    those hangovers are rare though I only have any sort of hangover about once every month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My excuse is it's the chemicals giving me the hangover and not the alcohol .As long as I stick to the beer ,with maybe the odd short thrown in then I'm fine next morning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cassiusclay

Tis totally a function of age. 23 or 24 was my cut off point. Since then they have gotten pretty bad. I can deal with a hangover no probs but it's the fear that gets you. If any of u drink enough vrb u know what i'm talking aboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

nope! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Teh Noob

Naw. I'm The Toilet Seat Hugger. It goes out before it does any lasting damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

i quit drinking because i got such bad hangovers:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Usually when I mix it up the next day I feel pretty seedy.

Red wine is the worst offender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Nope. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Not really, it's more of a state of mind I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

not for the past ten years, but then i didn't have an alcoholic drink for past ten years either :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

At this point, Im near immune. I remember feeling groggier in my teens though, but drank less.

Its the lack of sleep that fücks me up for the day. Im always up early, even the weekends. It doesnt matter if I only got in bed at 4am. Its an awful waste of a day just lying there.

Ive friends that would stay in bed till 1 or 2pm, lying in their pit, claiming to be dying while they breathe in their own alco-fumes.

Sense. It makes none.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ive friends that would stay in bed till 1 or 2pm, lying in their pit, claiming to be dying while the breathe in their own alco-fumes.

Sense. It makes none.
    lol .

Mind you I dont drink as much as I use to and wasn't what you would call a big drinker so that would account for less hangovers to :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

latchyco wrote: »
    Mind you I dont drink as much as I use to and wasn't what you would call a big drinker so that would account for less hangovers too

Oh. You are one of them are you.

I was going to pop the kettle on to make a green tea, fancy one? We could do a little bit of yoga and meditate while it boils :p

Abigayle wrote: »
    Oh. You are one of them are you.

I was going to pop the kettle on to make a green tea, fancy one? We could do a little bit of yoga and meditate while it boils :p
    Ahh ,I've being sussed ' I'm coming out ,I want the world to know ' .....

Tells ya the truth Abbs when I hit's the bottle ..I hit's it . Then i dont touch it fer weeks ...not a drop I tells ya :)

would love a green tea thanks ,1 sugar :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cassiusclay

I honestly think we need a poll about ages on this issue. I reckon there will be a cut off about 26/26.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Touch wood I've never had a hangover in my life even back in the day when i was caning it 4 or 5 nights a week. I was always first one up, first one eating and the first one back drinking and it never affected me the next day. These days even if i go on a a serious bender i find myself not even getting drunk no matter how much i drink. To top that off, during the summer i went out one evening at about 5 0r 6, stayed out til 3 or 4 and didn't have to visit the little boys room once, usually i spend more time in the jacks than i do at the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

super-rush wrote: »
    Touch wood I've never had a hangover in my life even back in the day when i was caning it 4 or 5 nights a week. I was always first one up, first one eating and the first one back drinking and it never affected me the next day. These days even if i go on a a serious bender i find myself not even getting drunk no matter how much i drink. To top that off, during the summer i went out one evening at about 5 0r 6, stayed out til 3 or 4 and didn't have to visit the little boys room once, usually i spend more time in the jacks than i do at the bar.

eh sure........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oh right sorry i'm lying........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Th OH likes to think I don't get hangovers, I'm afraid that's not the case though.
    I just don't whinge half as much as he does about them, that's all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

It's not a hangover if you don't stop drinking;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I don't really drink much anymore but when I do its generally a 2 or 3 day session and I'll sleep for 24hrs, wake up fine... ish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

oh like theres no tomorrow horrid little things. Planning one for sunday to be honest

I usually only get them if I don't get enough sleep.. Like if i was out till 4am then up at 8am I'd be fecked but if slept till 1-2pm i'd be grand:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

super-rush wrote: »

Me too - I eat vodka bottles and drink kerosene and I feel better the next day.. and other good things etc... like..

Advertisement