Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Get Hang Overs?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Out last nite throwing shapes in coppers and flannerys, yea the night is a bit of a blur and i've a photo keyring that i dont know where it came from.

I started on a few pints of the Northsiders Champaigne, won a Tiger beer a the rest cant really remember.

But woke up this morning feeling like a new born lamb, no hangover no blured vision.

So Do You Get Hang Overs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

when i used to drink cider i'd wake up totally fresh but since the switch to beer I've been experiencing them not so pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

desperate hangovers - always wake up with that "never again" feeling ..... until the next time that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I get the worst, most crippling and unbearable hangovers. Without exception, no matter what I drink, if I get anyway drunk at all, I will wake up with a hangover. Tho they vary in degrees of strength and nastiness, I always get them.

Worst hangover I ever had was one night after a lock in, I had to work the next day. In a small, confined, overheated office. Thankfully there was a small window in the place, where I could run and puke out of. Thought I was dying of alcohol poisoning... lol. Didn't thankfully. But I ALWAYS get hangovers. Am kinda just getting over one now as I write this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Only with wine for some reason. Probably doesn't help that I usually have a bottle to myself. Should stop doing that, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Yep I get them and I have one right now!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Samurai wrote: »
    when i used to drink cider i'd wake up totally fresh but since the switch to beer I've been experiencing them not so pleasant!
    I came in here to say the exact same thing - Bud gives horrid hangovers but Bulmers makes me feel fresh as a (stood on) daisy - it's probably why it costs so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There's no pattern to my hangovers.

Sometimes I could go on the lash with little food on board and I'd wake up the next morn, fresh as a daisy.

Sometimes I'd have a full dinner, about 5 pints and I'd be dying the next day.

Last Saturday was the worst in a while, it was about 7pm before the mist left my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Holy good buddha jesus timmy of jehova yes :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I'm on the verge of crippling alcoholism, so I dont get hangovers anymore as my body is just used to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fabulais

It varies completely. Sometimes I'll get a bit of one after a couple, and others I can be totally wasted and wake up fresh as a daisy. I really do think it depends on the time of the month! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

If I go to bed really drunk I normally get a hang over. But these days I normally stay up a bit after all the drinkings over doing other things, and downing vast quantities of water.

I'm always suspicious of people who say they don't get hang overs though, like those people who say certain drugs don't affect them. I always have the urge to put them to the test via foricible overdose. I don't really.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nope, dont really get hang overs, I have gotten sick on several occasions and not being able to eat much the next day, but tbh lately, nah, no hangovers, had 9 cans last nite and felt fresh this morning :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Varies, depends on the quantity of booze, the type of booze, how much water I drink before bed and whether or not I manage to avoid eating when I get home. Once, all I had was a half bottle of wine and one pint of some weird beer in the Franciscan well and I woke up the next morning literally feeling as if I'd had the crap beaten out of me. I was staying at a friends house but I felt so crap I was still there sitting on their couch going "owwwwww" by the time they got home from work :pac: But generally once I get something to eat I'm fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Nope never got one, Proberly because I don't really go over board while drinking but there have been times when I've had a lot and all i get it is feeling of slight dizziness in the morning, it dosen't really affect me though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Haven't had one in years, bless the Rheinheitsgebot or curse it, which ever way hangovers are thing of the past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I am unprotected from the hangover syndrome. I'm not superman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes, massive ones.

I'm out of the game for two/three days after.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Volvoboy wrote: »
    But woke up this morning feeling like a new born lamb, no hangover no blured vision.

Clearly you must be about 18 years of age.
    Don't worry, your day will come. When you hit 30 it will take you two days to get over a night on the town.
    It's hell.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I certainly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Started getting them recently but thats only due to massive amounts of drink, like 150 euros worth to myself and then I only get the tiniest little headache, i'm grand after an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Depends what I drink,how much I drink and if I mix drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

if i stick to pints(lager or stout) i am fine no matter how many i drink. if i go on shorts or shots i am dead next morning:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I reckon everyone gets hangovers to some extent if they drink enough to get drunk. Some people just exaggerate them and others play them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I reckon everyone gets hangovers to some extent if they drink enough to get drunk. Some people just exaggerate them and others play them down.

na i used to get zero hangovers but now do! Also my memory from the night before used to be crystal clear no matter how much i drank nowadays i wake up with amnesia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Clearly you must be about 18 years of age.
    Don't worry, your day will come. When you hit 30 it will take you two days to get over a night on the town.
    It's hell.
    :(

WHAT! It gets WORSE! :eek:

Im almost 23 and i find its taking me alot longer to get over them! theres no pattern with them! well except when i drink wine, my body almost immediately gives me a headache for doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

yeah rotten ones with a thumping throbbing headache.

Sex helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What "no matter how much I drank" constitutes varies as you get older though due to tolerance.

When I started drinking, a naggin was a huge amount and would get me wasted. If I drank one I'd get (at least what I perceived to be) pretty wasted and yet I wouldn't get a hangover. Nowadays that amount would only get me tipsy but still wouldn't give me much of a hangover.

So essentially, I could get very drunk when I was younger and not have a hangover in the morning due to the fact that it didn't take much get get me drunk, but were I to drink enough to get me drunk now, I'd certainly get a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Wow ... this thread just made me realise something.

I'm off alcohol for Lent, and - I never thought I'd say this, but:

I miss hangovers :eek:

There's something really nice about feeling so horrifically awful, like you're about to die, but knowing that in a day (or two) (or even three) you'll be feeling perfect again. Makes you appreciate your health a lot more!

Plus it's a great excuse for snuggling up on the couch under a duvet, with a Sex & the City box set, a giant-size Galaxy and a five-litre bottle of water ... mmm ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

aoibhebree wrote: »

There's something really nice about feeling so horrifically awful, like you're about to die, but knowing that in a day (or two) (or even three) you'll be feeling perfect again. Makes you appreciate your health a lot more!

Plus it's a great excuse for snuggling up on the couch under a duvet, with a Sex & the City box set, a giant-size Galaxy and a five-litre bottle of water ... mmm ....

The only good thing about hangovers is that they make physical pleasure so much better :) Like the first cup of tea/glass of water in the morning is bloody amazing! Food tastes so much better, lying down is so snuggly and comfy...not worth it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

aoibhebree wrote: »

:confused:

Advertisement