Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a group to car pool with

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

Streedagh is my top beech break and then i am looking for a reef break

Streedagh is between silgo and tullan - bundoran. take a left in grange

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Streedagh suitable for all levels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

jkl wrote: »
    Streedagh suitable for all levels?

Streedagh is a pretty mellow beachy, probably will be 2-3ft going by the forcast, but should be nice and clean.

My friend can't make it now, so I've an empty car if anyone wants a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

Streedagh, sounds good to me.

Are we going meet down there? or somewhere outside of Dublin? what time?

• Advertisement

I've had a change of plan, i'll be headed to Achill on friday night (unless the missus puts her foot down), then headed from there to Streedagh sunday. So unless i'm completely whipped i'll be meeting yis down there.

jkl wrote: »
    I've had a change of plan, i'll be headed to Achill on friday night (unless the missus puts her foot down), then headed from there to Streedagh sunday. So unless i'm completely whipped i'll be meeting yis down there.

See ye next time so :D I'll PM ye my number in case you make this one

@napapa - you still have my number? I've yours here, so I'll txt ye when I arrive in Streedagh. I'll be on the road at 8, and in the water by 1030 :)

I'll definitely be there sunday, its only if i get to go mountain boarding and climbing on achill (saturday) that depends on how whipped i am. :p

will3k- still have your number. Haven't surfed streedagh before, whats best route. through bundoran or sligo?

napapa wrote: »
    will3k- still have your number. Haven't surfed streedagh before, whats best route. through bundoran or sligo?

Go through Sligo, keep heading on the Bundoran rd, til you hit a village called Grange, the turn for Streedagh is just as you enter the village, on the bend. There's a sign for it on the right of the main road as you're driving, kinda small so you might miss it.

When you take that turn, you'll be on a small road which you take a right off (pretty sure there is a sign here too for Streedagh) Then just follow this road right around to a lovely beach. :D
    Give me a bell if you need.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I'll see you down there. 3-4 wetty with boots should be ok, yeah? Just back from oz and it was 22oC in the water...i was the only one without a wetty :D...they reckoned it was cold, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

will3k wrote: »
    (pretty sure there is a sign here too for Streedagh)

The sign's been bumped so it points towards bundoran, it's the turn after Supervalu!

so i would like a lift on sunday, when/where/how

smythire wrote: »
    so i would like a lift on sunday, when/where/how

I'll give you a lift mate if you need one. I'll PM you my number, we'll organise someting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 croucher

howya folks, i'd be interested in car pooling next time anyone is heading west, although I am only a beginner though, surfed in lahinch/mayo bout 4 times last year and got the bug, bought myself a board and suit there recently and itching to get out . . . .

dont mind driving down, and giving lifts, just looking for a few bods to head out with as mates are otherwise tied up planning weddings etc etc

cheers . . .

p.s. coming from south dublin

I've usually got a spare seat, trying to work out what to do for the long weekend.

i am hoping tohead up on either friday or saturday...leaning towards saturday

heading up to sligo/donegal on Friday morning, if its good I'll stay on til Friday.

I'll join you, though i might have to leave later, theres a chance i'll have to do a delivery fri morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 croucher

lads, whats the craic? do you usually just head up for the day or stay on overnight??

• Advertisement

I always bring a tent and usually stay down for two days or so, but it all depends on how much you like getting into a wet wetsuit on day 2

croucher wrote: »
    lads, whats the craic? do you usually just head up for the day or stay on overnight??

I went up on Sunday for the day, got two sessions in and was back in Dublin for 8.30. Heading down this Friday and if weather is good, i'll stay overnight. Hopefully we get better swell this week.

I'd dragged a sick girlfriend through 11 counties already last weekend, and was feeling a bit guilty, so i only stuck around for one session.

this weekend i have 2 mates headed to dingle surfing for the weekend, but they're kind of in the water for half an hour boozing for the next 6, which isnt my plan.

So i'm more than happy to head to sligo or donegal.

If overnight you thinking hostel / tent / car?

My girlfriend will be coming along, looks like a hostel ;)

I've sent mine back to France for a week. :)

Bundoran has a good report for the weekend, or are you thinkin elsewhere?

Does she surf?
    If not i've a spare board, and a few spare size 10 wet suits (3mm) / boots (size 5's) and masks (er... size..masky?)

Bundoran looks good alright, might go down to Streedagh for a look too. The girlfriend has had a few lessons but hasn't caught the bug, yet!!!and i'm hoping this changes. I have a couple of boards but no spare suit. Would be great if you brought it along. Sure she might not even get in, something to do with cold water, don't know what she's talking about, you know women :D

I'll never pretend to understand them.

There's no such thing as cold water with booties, gloves and a mask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 teremka

hi smythire, croucher, jkl, bunch of surfers/prospective surfers (1 guy and 2/3 girls) trying to head up bundoran for a easter weekend and got stuck with car rentals. Could you help to give a lift? trying to get out Friday (any time for most of us) and get back Monday evening. Otherwise we'll try train/bus. Contribute to fuel costs of course.
    thanks!

I've spare seats.

Depends on where napapa's looking to go, its either streedagh in sligo or anywhere in donegal.

• Advertisement

Won't make it this weekend folks, have a good one. Reports looking good, Streedagh should be fun :pac:

Advertisement