Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a group to car pool with

Options
  • 10-03-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

i am a surfer who needs ppl to carpool with as driving to silgo on my own is too boring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

from where, the big shmoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

yep monkstown. my surfing buddies bailed for lifestyle reasons (babies/drinking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Dont know the situ with sligo but alot of people from dublin travel up and down to tramore, if you pop in the surf shop there and tell them your looking for other surfers to car pool with they cud take ur number and pass it on to any others they meet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Tramore eh?

But yeah, I just leave my board at home in Cork and try to drag it out any weekend I'm home. But I'd be all on for going from Dublin to Sligo/Tramore/where ever if there's the possibility of getting to surf more than once every month or 2.

So yeah, I'd be on for car pooling...

very good! i will be heading for tramore tomorrow to have look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

Join the East Coast Surf Club - plenty of people heading west most weekends....

eastcoastsurfclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

We're headed to fanore tomorrow, to call us surfers would be an exageration.

Will be camping down there, if no waves we'll be rock climbing.

I've a free seat in the car.

thanks for the offer and i am impressed that you offered...But i am hoping ireland do the business on saturday...but thanks again and lets hope its epic this weekend

waves wrote: »
    Join the East Coast Surf Club - plenty of people heading west most weekends....

eastcoastsurfclub.com

something very wrong with the east coast surf clubs website, i can not connect..although i have checked it out before and i am interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

smythire wrote: »
    yep monkstown. my surfing buddies bailed for lifestyle reasons (babies/drinking)

I'm in a fairly similar situation mate, I'd be up for heading away most weekends if the forcast is good. Usually west though, not a huge fan of Tramore considering you can get to Sligo as quick, if not quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

will3k wrote: »
    I'm in a fairly similar situation mate, I'd be up for heading away most weekends if the forcast is good. Usually west though, not a huge fan of Tramore considering you can get to Sligo as quick, if not quicker.

+1
    Dont know why anyone would go to tramore! Sligo/Bundorans the way to go!

Streedagh is my top beech break, i have some great days there. although, i was out in reef on a small day and the power was amazing.
    Anyway the wind has been too strong, but i will be sufing soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 barry-J

I've been daytrippin to Sligo/Donegal every Sunday for a couple of months now. Every intention of continuing to do so. I'd be well interesdted in a car pool option if anyone is up for it.
    Based south side dublin, tend to hit the road by 8am oof a sunday.
    Let me know if your interested

Barry

barry-J wrote: »
    I've been daytrippin to Sligo/Donegal every Sunday for a couple of months now. Every intention of continuing to do so. I'd be well interesdted in a car pool option if anyone is up for it.
    Based south side dublin, tend to hit the road by 8am oof a sunday.
    Let me know if your interested

Barry

Hi Barry, I'll be heading up on Sunday too if the forcast is still looking good on fri/sat.

i am up for a trip on sunday over saturday, shout pm and we will hit the road early morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 barry-J

Sure why don't we try and meet up, organise a potential location closer to sunday.
    Only starting out on my surfing learning curve but plenty of ehtusiasim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

I'd be up for a Sunday surf....coming from south dublin

I'm headed away for the weekend with the boards, not sure where too yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

barry-J wrote: »
    Sure why don't we try and meet up, organise a potential location closer to sunday.
    Only starting out on my surfing learning curve but plenty of ehtusiasim

when you head down for the day do you get 2 surfs in? i usually only get the one cause im so cold after the first but id say with the longer days/better weather id manage two!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

if anyone from cork city or surrounding suburbs wants a lift to a break PM me. Few euro for petrol would be welcome.

• Advertisement

napapa wrote: »
    I'd be up for a Sunday surf....coming from south dublin
    lets roll

jkl wrote: »
    I'm headed away for the weekend with the boards, not sure where too yet.
    roll too

mac123 wrote: »
    when you head down for the day do you get 2 surfs in? i usually only get the one cause im so cold after the first but id say with the longer days/better weather id manage two!
    two surf are the plan with so many drivers

4 per car max

so where you planning on heading? bundoran?

north of silgo 4 sure:)

Sure I'm in too.

Driving from Dublin (sandyford) 1 passanger (girlfiend) 2-3 spare seats.
    Have a Renault megan scenic, so if i'm traveling with just the 2 of us i can strip the seats out and carry gear.

I'm in too, might have another lad with me, but if anyone wants a lift / more leg room youre welcome to a seat.

Maybe we could all meet up in the water/beach? To help getting these trips going more frequently?

I've never surfed in sligo before, just lehinch, bundoran and fanore.
    So directions'd helpful, I'd be prety enthusiastic about regular meets.

• Advertisement

No one has decided on a specific beach, so whats it to be? Bundoran? I'll probably drive up myself with a mate, i've got space for two as well. Not much carpooling for the first trip then,hahaha.:D

Advertisement