Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessionary beers - BGRH has a mission for you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'd say ye should do a mystery tour. Get someone with an Artic truck, load the container on the back up with food and drink, and get absolutely pissed as it randomly drives around the country. Then, when people start to pass out , you can leave them in whatever county the mystery truck happens to be in. Last one to make it back to the starting point (in the back of the truck) gets to sleep in their own bed :D

I have a C1 licence ... know where I can get a truck ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Gaspode wrote: »
    The folks in the dublin city forum discussed this recently, albeit briefly, and the Karma bar seems to have some possibilities at €3 a pint
    +1 Been there before. Not too bad a place and the porter drinkers seemed happy enough and you know what they're like;). It's quite small though AFAIR

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

OldGoat wrote: »
    I say we should rent a ship, sail into international waters, drink at duty free prices, play cards, eat in the buffet and oggle the Hoochy Choochy girls.
    Monkey. Knife. Fight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

woolshed and pitchers? tends to be pretty ok on price and the beer aint that bad... unless its castlemaine,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I refuse point blank to go to any beers in the Woolshed. It's the greatest hole of a place, plus they have karaoke. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

yeah booo to the woolshed booo!

Zaph wrote: »
    I refuse point blank to go to any beers in the Woolshed. It's the greatest hole of a place, plus they have karaoke. :mad:
    :(

/leaves thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That new hair cut seems to have messed with the optimum required tempature of your cranium Splinter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to admit, I found the Woolshed a bit of a hovel.

Plus, I swear they gave me Cheap Crap when I asked for Heineken. :o

And somebody had me drinking Jim Beam and coke, FROM A CAN!!! WTF???

*stares at splinter*

• Advertisement

oh i think you'l find you were the one who suggested the jim bean can and you were also the one that suggested the castlemaine... so don't blame the young 'un

splinter wrote: »
    oh i think you'l find you were the one who suggested the jim bean can and you were also the one that suggested the castlemaine... so don't blame the young 'un

Damn you and your youthly memory.

*shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Beers outside of Dublin would be cheaper................. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Come to NZ. I know a bar that does pints for $4 (it's about €1.70!)

Failing that - isn't Doyles cheap and has the upstairs place? or has it got expensive now since my Trinity days.

I suggest we all join the Defence Forces/ pretend we're going out with DF members/ take over Kilbride camp in the mountains/sneak into Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines and head for the Mess (Military term: Mess= beer establishment!) :D

Pints with a 2 euro in the price....

That said, if that don't work the previous suggestions may work....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭DenMan

watna wrote: »
    Come to NZ. I know a bar that does pints for $4 (it's about €1.70!)

Failing that - isn't Doyles cheap and has the upstairs place? or has it got expensive now since my Trinity days.

Checks credit card. :D

I'd be up for it, doesn't bother me where we go as I missed Dusseldorf. :(

Also must get to Dominion. Been meaning to go for quite some time. Dorans or Fibbers would be great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lads, the recession is nearly over, when are we having these beers/

Hmmmmmm. Turks Head, €4 a pint of Heineken, plenty of nooks and crannies.

Yes I am posting from there. No, I am not sad. I am on a reconnisance mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I will do a reccie in the D6 area next weekend.

Will let you know how it works out. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bull and Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm. Turks Head, €4 a pint of Heineken, plenty of nooks and crannies.

Yes I am posting from there. No, I am not sad. I am on a reconnisance mission.
    Thought that was a bit of a manette bar - no?

(yeah I know about the feckin uasername and avatar, please don't)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I think Tom is still there.. . . . GO HOME YA DURTEH DRUNK. ok ok I'm just frikkin jealous! :rolleyes:

Can we PLEASE have these beers like mid-end may after I get home? pretty please?
    :D

Ok, Turks Head is out.

€5.20 a pint after 7:00pm, plus they wouldn't give me a small bottle of White wine to take home for herself. Plus the place was pretty dead as I was leaving at 22:50.
    Not impressed, tbh.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Bull and Castle.

We had a beers in the Bull and Castle last year, and tbh, we were treated pretty poorly by management. Especially considering the number of people that turned up.

Oh, and drunken posting on the bus, ftw. :o

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Oh, and drunken posting on the bus, ftw. :o
    BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So BGRH managed to organise a piss up in a German brewery, this should be easy. I've been urged to try to get the ball rolling on this by someone who doesn't regularly post in BGRH. It might put a bit of life back in the forum, which is what we all want. So shall we make a plan?

yes!
    Beerage soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Karma fishamble st.
    3 quid a bottle and the same for shorts..good location to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

janeybabe wrote: »
    So BGRH managed to organise a piss up in a German brewery, this should be easy. I've been urged to try to get the ball rolling on this by someone who doesn't regularly post in BGRH. It might put a bit of life back in the forum, which is what we all want. So shall we make a plan?

Yes. See below.
    Degsy wrote: »
    Karma fishamble st.
    3 quid a bottle and the same for shorts..good location to!

There is a fine fish & chip establishment not 100 yards from this very boutique.

Now this is a plan. All it needs is a date.

*looks at janeybabe*

Advertisement