Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest pint in Dublin??

• 28-02-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Where can I find the cheapest pint??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

off'o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

should have really mentioned cheapest pub pint...? Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

€3.50 Beamish/Leeson Lounge, D 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibbers in Parnell st,a godawful heavy metal dive bar but cheap drink,especially on thursdays wehen all pints are three euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Moved from Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

2.50 Foster in St Olafs GAA Club Sandyford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

€4 for the stuff they brew themselves in Messer McGuires, not the cheapest, but good for the location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Karma on fishamble st, end of temple bar, 3 euro a drink, all day every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ah, here. Are they all decent pints ?

Don't wanna go to any of those joints searching for an elusive cheap pint and they dish up slop because its cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Come to Cork where the pints are cheaper. My friend who lives in Dublin is always giving out about the price of the pint in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

autograph wrote: »
    Come to Cork where the pints are cheaper. My friend who lives in Dublin is always giving out about the price of the pint in Dublin.

The pints may be cheaper but you'd have to drink twice as much in order to bear being in the same room as Cork people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

sorry guys, i just realized the dates, they were posted ages ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

GiftofGab wrote: »

they are 2005 prices though. the strand house at the five lamps does all pints for €3.50 on wednesday til 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

But the draft beer is crap in Fibbers....
    Degsy wrote: »
    Fibbers in Parnell st,a godawful heavy metal dive bar but cheap drink,especially on thursdays wehen all pints are three euro.

Another vote for Karma, great place and nice pint.
    JoeSchmoe wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Ordered a pint in fitzsimons sunday nite, 6.20 i think they wanted i just left it on the bar and walked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The Submarine in crumlin has some sign outside claiming to have the cheapest pint in Dublin. Havent been in it though so is anyone able to back this up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This Karma had better do what it says on the tin. I'm off there now in a minute to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

humberklog wrote: »
    This Karma had better do what it says on the tin. I'm off there now in a minute to check it out.

it does, its a lovely place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

The Submarine in crumlin has some sign outside claiming to have the cheapest pint in Dublin. Havent been in it though so is anyone able to back this up?

€3.30 up to 6pm, good pint too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Very good pint in the sub, been a couple times.

Shall have to check this Karma place out, cause fibbers doesnt work on a thursday ;)

Karma's ok. The Guinness is 3.70 but all bottled beers and shorts are 3 snoots. I went for a Tiger, Jemmy and then a pint. Nice pint. And still had 30p in my pocket and a warm belly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I was there until closing on Firday night last and ALL pints were €3.50 and pints of Guinness only €3!
    They're special prices til after paddy's day I'm told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Anyone else know where to find cheap drink in Dublin. Nearly certain the Playwright in Blackrock are doing all drinks €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Second Messers Maguires. Their craft beer at 4 euro a pint just off O'Connell street bridge is a great deal The bock just won an award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Sin E - Pints of Guinness €3 all day Sunday and Monday

Sin E - Pints of Guinness €3 all day Sunday and Monday

Are you sure that offer's still going?
    I ask as the last time I was there (few weeks ago, week day early afternoon) I was chewing the cud with the owner and he was thinking of tinkering with that offer. He grumbled and moaned as only a landlord can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

oppiuy wrote: »
    Ordered a pint in fitzsimons sunday nite, 6.20 i think they wanted i just left it on the bar and walked

Fair play to you, what a s*** hole.

• Advertisement

Woger wrote: »
    Fair play to you, what a s*** hole.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

What about now? Anywhere else doing cheap drink?

I know the Kings Inn on Bolton Street is doing cheap drink deals, like 2 for €5 bottles of budweiser, heineken, miller, coors...

Karma was nice too, popped in a couple of times.

But seriously its drinking at home now that is all the rage.

Its so long since ive been out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Dundrummer

I was in Diceys on Thursday and it was €3 for all draught beer, bottles and "selected spirits".

Don't know if this was a one-off, but definitely worth checking out?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Moorsy

Any updates on this? I was down in Galway for the weekend and every bar had 3 euro pints on tap! Obviously Galway isn't Dublin, but I'd imagine some the pubs in Dublin will start lowering their prices to pull in the punters..

Moorsy wrote: »
    Any updates on this? I was down in Galway for the weekend and every bar had 3 euro pints on tap! Obviously Galway isn't Dublin, but I'd imagine some the pubs in Dublin will start lowering their prices to pull in the punters..

What sort of pints were they? I was in Galway a couple of months ago and didn't see any if these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Moorsy wrote: »

Must have been Fosters surely.....cant think of many places(aside from Foxs) that would do 3 Euro pints?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

Gingerman on Fenian st has €3.50 pints for their homebrew stuff, pitchers i think are €5.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

humberklog wrote: »
    Are you sure that offer's still going?
    I ask as the last time I was there (few weeks ago, week day early afternoon) I was chewing the cud with the owner and he was thinking of tinkering with that offer. He grumbled and moaned as only a landlord can.

Had a big feed of 3 euro Guinness in Sin E last night so it's still running at the moment.

Friendly barstaff too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Hop House, Parnell Street. Lovely korean pub which serves food.

Pints of Bavaria. €3.20 all day, every day.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Had a big feed of 3 euro Guinness in Sin E last night so it's still running at the moment.

Friendly barstaff too. :)

Yeah I should have corrected my post Anono. The beautiful cheap booze still floweth plentyful from one of Dublin's finest. Getting a bit of a thirst on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gurramok wrote: »
    Gingerman on Fenian st has €3.50 pints for their homebrew stuff, pitchers i think are €5.50

It's not exactly "Home"brew.

It's from the Franciscan Well, in Cork.

The re-brand their own stuff for the Gingerman.

The very same stuff can be had in The Bull & Castle under the Franciscan Well original names.

Lovely beers, I love the Rebel Red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    That sounds ok. I imagine it attracts a certain clientele .... if you get my drift. Anyhow, after a few, I bet they are great company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Marko_Man

Cuckoos Nest €4 Monday to Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

New Czech bar has opened up on the South Quays (across from Smitfeild, near the Petrol Station) called "Pifko".

They are doing €3.50 on many of their pints like Zaltaly Blazant, Becks, Budvar etc. Tasty stuff. Nice to have decent beer on offer for a change.

That sounds ok. I imagine it attracts a certain clientele .... if you get my drift. Anyhow, after a few, I bet they are great company.

Not at all as it turns out. Good mixed vibrant crowd. But pints aren't 3 quid. Only bottles.

The Czech Inn is doing a pitcher (nearly 3 pints) of Staropraven for a tenner. All day every day and it's open until 3ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Des wrote: »

The very same stuff can be had in The Bull & Castle under the Franciscan Well original names.

I don't think they rebrand it. I remember asking what they had, as far as I remember Rebel Red was one of them.

Des wrote: »

You know what i mean by home brew :)

When i went there last, the Rebel Red was flat and twangy which was not drinkable for me.(is it suppose to be like that? as i'm not a regular of the Franciscan stuff).

Contrast that to the lovely pints of red at the Porterhouse(or Rusty at Mssr Maguires), was a huge difference in taste and a let down.

I ended up drinking the Weisse at the same price which was top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheMask

TimAy wrote: »
    2.50 Foster in St Olafs GAA Club Sandyford!

I've been told that it is in fact the cheapest pint you can get in Leinster, they're talking about putting up a sign also! just a pity its fosters and it tastes like puke, grand after 4 or 5 of them though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

oppiuy wrote: »

Had to meet a friend in the Temple Bar last week €6.10 for the black stuff:eek:

Anyone recommend a good spot in town for good Guinness at a reasonable price on a Friday night have to head in later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Ryan's on queen St. do a great pint €4.30 but it's a great, odd, but quiet pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 miami365

All pints are €3.40 O'Reillys Tara st, have had worse Guinness while paying more.

Woolshed Parnell St does pitchers (just under four pints) of Heineken for around €13.

• Advertisement
Advertisement