Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessionary beers - BGRH has a mission for you

Options
  • 10-03-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

As we all know, the recession is upon us. Doom, gloom, negativity is enveloping the country like a post-Celtic Tiger hangover.

Right here on BGRH, we don't do doom, gloom or cocktails.

With that in mind, and a view to the future, it is time to organise a BGRH beers. However, mindful of the fact that the recession might put a dampener on said beers, we need to do our homework beforehand.

And this is where you come in.

BGRH needs you to find the cheapest drink in Dublin, in a venue worthy of a BGRH beers*

When we find the cheapest, we organise a time and a date, and we have a good time, knowing we are saving money.

So, where would a Brother find a cheap pint?

*Apologies to those not in Dublin. We will organise a non-Dublin beers at some stage, promise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    BGRH needs you to find the cheapest drink in Dublin that isn't piss, or even worse Budwiser.*

fixed that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

True. Any goon can find cheap Foster's or some other muck at a dive looking for students. Real skill is being able to find a proper pub with decent drink and an acceptable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, updated accordingly.

I forgot we had standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

I forgot we had standards.

You may have to look hard sometimes ... and they are not terribly lofty ... but we do have some standards.

also double points if anyone finds one near a kebab shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

also double points if anyone finds one near a kebab shop

What about complimentary platters when booking for a group? ;)

How much would be good value for yore pint?

Cathooo wrote: »
    What about complimentary platters when booking for a group? ;)

Very good.
    How much would be good value for yore pint?

Well, considering I paid €5.80 for a pint of Pauliner in the Lombard on Pearse Street last week, anything below €5 is good.

Very good.

Well, considering I paid €5.80 for a pint of Pauliner in the Lombard on Pearse Street last week, anything below €5 is good.

That place is truly shocking with their prices these days, shun them I say! Under €5 is the plan so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You all need to go up North. £2.40 a pint.

Oh, thread stickied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

how about a return to the czech inn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

how about a return to the czech inn?

^ This

Zaph wrote: »
    ^ This

Ok, so that is one option.

I need more options, people.

Drink some beer, godammit.

I was going to suggest Czech Inn also, but for recessionary drinks it's €5.50 a draught pint after 10pm, €6 for a bottle and €4.90 for a spirit measure.

What say you?

*still looking into cheaper beer befit for the brothers*

I was going to suggest Czech Inn also, but for recessionary drinks it's €5.50 a draught pint after 10pm, €6 for a bottle and €4.90 for a spirit measure.

What say you?

I say impressive homework there, Cathooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

how about a load of cans and al fresco drinking in some park in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Ding ding ding

We have a winner.

and then just add some meat and disposable BBQs to cook it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ahem

We can not condone any activity which is illegal and drinking alcohol in a public place or
    having an open container of alcohol in a public place is a prosecutionalbe act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

and then just add some meat and disposable BBQs to cook it on

Beer BQ ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ahem

We can not condone any activity which is illegal and drinking alcohol in a public place or
    It really does depend on where you are. It's mostly covered under local byelaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ahem

All back to Thaed's so :D

Robbo wrote: »
    It really does depend on where you are. It's mostly covered under local byelaws.

Yes there are loop holes like on the strand while the tide it out but parks and in public you can be done for it.
    Zaph wrote: »
    All back to Thaed's so :D

ah now here I've kids in the house, what we need is someone who doens't have kids and had a large back yard they hardly ever use and lives close to a shop
    that sells drink and meat products.

Say Zaph when was the last time any one other then you was in your backyard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I say we should rent a ship, sail into international waters, drink at duty free prices, play cards, eat in the buffet and oggle the Hoochy Choochy girls.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ahem

jesus, who invited Buzz Killington?:pac:

jesus, who invited Buzz Killington?:pac:

Do you want a slap of my ban stick, you know well that boards.ie
    can not condone any illegal activities and as a mod of this forum I am
    honour bound to post the warning that I did.

Now quit it or you are so off the hug list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd say ye should do a mystery tour. Get someone with an Artic truck, load the container on the back up with food and drink, and get absolutely pissed as it randomly drives around the country. Then, when people start to pass out , you can leave them in whatever county the mystery truck happens to be in. Last one to make it back to the starting point (in the back of the truck) gets to sleep in their own bed :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Do you want a slap of my ban stick, you know well that boards.ie
    can not condone any illegal activities and as a mod of this forum I am
    honour bound to post the warning that I did.

Now quit it or you are so off the hug list.

Robbo wrote: »

In other news, Internets = serrious business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 P Davis

does Noel o' Gara still have dartmount square maybe he lone it to you might piss off the locals do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The folks in the dublin city forum discussed this recently, albeit briefly, and the Karma bar seems to have some possibilities at €3 a pint

PS Saturdays are out for me as its gig night, so please have the next BGRH beers on a friday if possible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Say Zaph when was the last time any one other then you was in your backyard :P
    I tried the other day and I can tell you that a jungle would be easier to negotiate.
    Gaspode wrote: »
    PS Saturdays are out for me as its gig night, so please have the next BGRH beers on a friday if possible!!

Saturday beers ftw tbh!

Remember Tom, I gave you my pig in bread. ;)

Oh, recessionary beers t-shirts on www.hairybaby.com

guystee_0097.jpg

Advertisement