Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Cydia havktivation patch activates phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Seems that iOS4.1 jailbreak has been confirmed, won't be long until unlock's available most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭karlf

I am looking for some help with a jailbroken 3gs on 3.1.3. Its been jb and unlocked with spirit and ultrasnow. I restored it last night from a back up point as it kept saying "this device is not supported on the iphone would you like to turm on airplane mode to reduce interference" every few minutes. I researched online and that is what was suggested would fix it. It didn't. Turned out all I needed to do was clean the port for the charger etc.
    I have rejailbroken it with spirit and have cydia installed again. But is there any wa I can get all my cracked apps back or will I have to download them all again? I have apps that appear in iTunes but when I sync the phone some of them do not transfer onto the phone.
    Any help appreaciated!
    Oh and I also backed up the phone before restoring it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

karlf wrote: »
    I am looking for some help with a jailbroken 3gs on 3.1.3. Its been jb and unlocked with spirit and ultrasnow. I restored it last night from a back up point as it kept saying "this device is not supported on the iphone would you like to turm on airplane mode to reduce interference" every few minutes. I researched online and that is what was suggested would fix it. It didn't. Turned out all I needed to do was clean the port for the charger etc.
    I have rejailbroken it with spirit and have cydia installed again. But is there any wa I can get all my cracked apps back or will I have to download them all again? I have apps that appear in iTunes but when I sync the phone some of them do not transfer onto the phone.
    Any help appreaciated!
    Oh and I also backed up the phone before restoring it last night.

If your apps appear in itunes then you still have them. You just need to get appsync 3.1 from cydia, install it and then sync. All should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭karlf

I got my apps on cheers guys. What i am missing is all my themes that i downloaded for winterboard. Is there anyway to get them back? I found an app called aptbackup that saves a list of ypur cracked apps and automatically redownloads them upon restore. So this wont be a problem in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there a date that an unlock for 4.1 will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is there a date that an unlock for 4.1 will be out?

No date as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Quick question guys, I have a 3gs locked to Vodafone. Traded another item for it on adverts.ie.

Does anybody know if I call vodafone to get it unlocked what kind of charges it might entail, or will they unlock it at all ?. It's running the latest firmware, so I cannot get it unlocked until there's a jailbreak out for 4.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

can any one point me in the right direction??

i'm on contract with o2 so i'm not worried about the unlock but would like to rejailbreak...(i had a 3gs and had to send back to phonecover as the pins broke and wouldnt take a charge.)

I'm guessing the phone will be at least os4 is there a jailbreak for this at the mo??

i'm trawling the internet in the job and half the sites are blocked so I thought i'd ask the boardsies

• Advertisement

blaze1 wrote: »
    can any one point me in the right direction??

i'm on contract with o2 so i'm not worried about the unlock but would like to rejailbreak...(i had a 3gs and had to send back to phonecover as the pins broke and wouldnt take a charge.)

I'm guessing the phone will be at least os4 is there a jailbreak for this at the mo??

i'm trawling the internet in the job and half the sites are blocked so I thought i'd ask the boardsies

The phone will be OS 4.1 more than likely and no is the answer to your question. A jailbreak for 4.1 has been confirmed, when this is available to people and how ready it is nobody knows for sure. And you didn't trawl very well cause information on jailbreaking is readily available. For future reference, somewhere like iphonedownloadblog.org has up to date information on the latest jailbreaks and what OS version has a jailbreak, instructions etc.

And you didn't trawl very well cause information on jailbreaking is readily available. For future reference, somewhere like iphonedownloadblog.org has up to date information on the latest jailbreaks and what OS version has a jailbreak, instructions etc.

no need for that mate... did you read my post???

"i'm trawling the internet in the job and half the sites are blocked so I thought i'd ask the boardsies "

Jailbreaking released for 4.1 today. Ih8sn0w.com

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will jailbreak my 4.2 virgin 3GS without any hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr Jin eL

Have any1 tried the jailbreak "ih8sn0w"? I was reading on the web that there are few unofficial ios 4.1 jailbreaks that have trojans.
    Who know more about it can you please inform us :p if its safe/works. thanks.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will jailbreak my 4.2 virgin 3GS without any hassle.

Make sure you have a compatible bootrom. No support for iPhone 4 though which is a bit ****. Still though, at least there is progress!

I have the old bootrom, but it appears that a virgin phone is no good, that it needs to have been jailbroken before.

I'm loathe to mess around on day 1 of a release with something that I cannot do without!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Can someone please help me! I've downloaded sn0wbreeze and tried to jailbreak my phone on 4.1. I've chose the option to activate my iPhone on sn0wbreeze but when i go to iTunes and restore the file it just created, it completes it but I get the message on my iPhone 3G to connect it to iTunes. So when I do it says Sim card not supported on iTunes and my iPhone 3G is stuck in emergency mode

kevinmcc wrote: »
    Can someone please help me! I've downloaded sn0wbreeze and tried to jailbreak my phone on 4.1. I've chose the option to activate my iPhone on sn0wbreeze but when i go to iTunes and restore the file it just created, it completes it but I get the message on my iPhone 3G to connect it to iTunes. So when I do it says Sim card not supported on iTunes and my iPhone 3G is stuck in emergency mode

I think the amount of people who have tried this jailbreak out on here are going to be few and far between. And from what I know this jailbreak is very selective on which iPhone's it will work. Restore your phone to 4.1 and wait for an official (Dev Team) jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

And if so, what program do i use to jailbreak & unlock?

Unlocking Choices
    1. - Factory Unlocked from Apple
    2. - Software Unlocked
      1. Must be version 4.0.1 or lower
      2. Jailbreak - visit http://jailbreakme.com on the iPhone
      3. Unlock - instal ultrasnow software

• Advertisement

cheers!

It seems to be 4.0.2, is this possible to unlock?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Daraflats wrote: »
    It seems to be 4.0.2, is this possible to unlock?
    Unlocking Choices
    1. - Factory Unlocked from Apple
    2. - Software Unlocked
      1. Must be version 4.0.1 or lower
      2. Jailbreak - visit http://jailbreakme.com on the iPhone
      3. Unlock - instal ultrasnow software

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭guil

kevinmcc wrote: »
    did ya have the 3g jb before, if not ya need ireb, follow this video and read the instructions in the description first
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM&feature=sub

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mastermichael20

any way to downgrade the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mastermichael20

Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No

any way to downgrade the phone?

Probably not unless the device was previously version 4.0.1 or lower and had certain information backed up before Apple released version 4.0.2. In most cases this would have meant jailbreaking and ticking the make my life easier box before 12th August 2010

Official release site for greenpois0n... Looks to be out soon :-)

http://www.quickpwn.com/greenpois0n-download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I want to unlock my iphone 4, think its 4.1 so i can change the sim/network provider as I'm in edinburgh now. Can I do this or do I need to jailbreak it?

Advertisement