Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

TBi wrote: »
    I think you can, you just need to change your hosts file so that itunes talks to sauriks server rather than apples. Google it...

No, this is not right because of the APTicket, thanks for the advice of using Google, can you give me a link to this Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

guil wrote: »
    To downgrade to 5.0.1 you need blobs and an APTicket for the firmware. Technically you are downgrading cos apple aren't signing the firmware but I dunno about the apticket

http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-5-1-to-ios-5-0-1-5-0-ifaith-windows/

I read this alright, but I wasn't sure if iFaith can get the shsh blobs from cydia and not just the phone. The shsh structure is different on iFaith.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you checked notcoms blog to see is there anything about it. In that guide aswell it says I faith will get the blobs and APTicket for the phones current firmware so it prob won't work

You can try redsn0w to get the apticket but it will prob only give one for the current firmware. Tiny umbrella is useless for now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

guil wrote: »
    stuar wrote: »
    Dr Nic wrote: »
    Anymore news on an unlocking option for 4.11.08 or 4.12?
    Going demented here waiting :(

:

But not to worry the unlock is coming in 10 days.............seem's like months ago now, we just gotta stick it out I'm afraid and enjoy our ipod touch's...
    Have you got a link to back up that

Google it, R4 was supposed to have an unlock in 10 days about 3 weeks ago, seems Gevey finally have an unlock for 4.11.08 at last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 jayreddin

Use the newest version of reds0w on it you can get your shsh and APTickets in the extra's menu and stitch them to the firmware if you want to keep your baseband for unlocking. Then restore by itunes. Iclarified has a great new guide up!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Why exactly would u want to downgrade ? If u dont mind me asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

stuar wrote: »
    Google it, R4 was supposed to have an unlock in 10 days about 3 weeks ago, seems Gevey finally have an unlock for 4.11.08 at last.

Guys - the unlock is out - http://gdeluxe.com/unlock-iphone-4s-iphone-4-all-baseband-complete-guide/

By the way , its free - u dont need to buy anything , and u dont need a sim - i did it on a phone last night and it works great - i didnt know the original network so i had to find it which was the hardest part of it all.
    If anyone is stuck give me a shout and ill go through it with them.

I posted a thread about that the other day. Should of put it on here aswell

Any luck with this kji. Ifaith or redsn0w should work for the apticket but you might have to update to 5.1 first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Hi Guil/DjTaz
    Im trying to unlock an iphone 4 on 5.0.1 running 4.11.08. It was on 3 network. Trying to unlock to meteor

First off - installed sam etc fine, but when i try step 19 of the guide, i cant find 3 on the list.
    Any idea's what to do?
    Thanks!

Hi Guil/DjTaz
    Im trying to unlock an iphone 4 on 5.0.1 running 4.11.08. It was on 3 network. Trying to unlock to meteor

First off - installed sam etc fine, but when i try step 19 of the guide, i cant find 3 on the list.
    Any idea's what to do?
    Thanks!

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guil/DjTaz

Any idea's what to do?
    Thanks!
    Instead of choosing by country and carrier pick manual. It should ask for a mobile country code and mobile network code. Mcc is 272 and mnc is 05

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Let's say my Iphone is locked to Three and I want to insert Tesco Mobile sim card. Which carrier should I choose in the SAM options?

Three but I don't think it's there. Select manual instead of by country and carrier. It should ask for mcc and mnc. Mnc is 272 and mnc is 05

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Thanks guil.
    I'll give it a try and report later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I came across this http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-ios-untethered-iphone-4s-ipad-2-using-absinthe-how-to-video-tutorial/

and i downloaded green absinth "sorry, the attached device is not supported"

I phone 4s 5.1 (9B179)

any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Snowie wrote: »
    I came across this http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-ios-untethered-iphone-4s-ipad-2-using-absinthe-how-to-video-tutorial/

and i downloaded green absinth "sorry, the attached device is not supported"

I phone 4s 5.1 (9B179)

any ideas ?

I would say its because you are IOS5.1 - the article refers to ios 5.0.1 - 2 different versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

corklad32 wrote: »
    I would say its because you are IOS5.1 - the article refers to ios 5.0.1 - 2 different versions

ok I wasn't aware of that i though 5.0.1 was the same as 5.1.. :(

but thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone know will the new gevey unlock blacklisted phones or does it just re use the Sam method?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

im pretty sure if its blacklisted in ireland it wont work here. the imei will be blocked. my iphone is blacklisted in the uk but i previoulsy unlocked it with a gevey sim and now the sam method and it works fine here. you should just sell it on ebay to someone abroad and buy a new one here

I'm trying to unlock my iphone 4, 5.0.1, 4.11.08bb, I bought it with a gevey and it was updated to 5.0.1 accidentally, I am trying to unlock it with SAM but I dont know the original sim that it was locked to.

Is there anyway I can find out what network it was originally locked to?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crozzer

Hey guys I need some advice please! I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 for the first time last weekend, so I have no SHSH blobs saved. I want to restore the iPhone to factory settings so i can sell it on eBay, which means upgrading to iOS 5.1.

Should I upgrade to ios 5.1 and jailbreak tethered so I can save my SHSH and unlock ticket or stay on 5.0.1 and wait it out for the untethered 5.1 jailbreak? Any help appreciated!

By the way, I've tried the SAM unlock method and it's working like a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I would stay on 5.01 and wait for an unthethered jailbreak, i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 5.1 and to be honest the unthethered jailbreak is a pain , if you reboot and dont have a pc around you cant use mail, web brouser and a few more things
    crozzer wrote: »
    Hey guys I need some advice please! I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 for the first time last weekend, so I have no SHSH blobs saved. I want to restore the iPhone to factory settings so i can sell it on eBay, which means upgrading to iOS 5.1.

Should I upgrade to ios 5.1 and jailbreak tethered so I can save my SHSH and unlock ticket or stay on 5.0.1 and wait it out for the untethered 5.1 jailbreak? Any help appreciated!

By the way, I've tried the SAM unlock method and it's working like a treat.

Turns out that the only reason I have my phone jailbroken is for SMS delivery reports. I'm considering updating to 5.1 and leaving it jailed as a result.

Whether I can do without the reports or not, I'm not sure. It's just something I had enabled on any phone I've had... even my Nokia 3310 could do them so I think it's ridiculous that an unmodified iPhone won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crozzer

BrendanD wrote: »
    I would stay on 5.01 and wait for an unthethered jailbreak, i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 5.1 and to be honest the unthethered jailbreak is a pain , if you reboot and dont have a pc around you cant use mail, web brouser and a few more things

Yea I was thinking that having to boot every time the phone gets turned off would be a pain alright. I'm just worried apple will release iOS 5.1.1 or something and stop signing 5.1 before the untethered jailbreak is released and il get caught with no Shsh blobs to fall back on!

Untethered 5.1 jailbreak is still a month or two away appearantly...

http://www.ijailbreak.com/jailbreak/ios-5-1-untethered-jailbreak-pod2g-month-away/

crozzer wrote: »
    Yea I was thinking that having to boot every time the phone gets turned off would be a pain alright. I'm just worried apple will release iOS 5.1.1 or something and stop signing 5.1 before the untethered jailbreak is released and il get caught with no Shsh blobs to fall back on!

Untethered 5.1 jailbreak is still a month or two away appearantly...

http://www.ijailbreak.com/jailbreak/ios-5-1-untethered-jailbreak-pod2g-month-away/

I see some people on there complaining about the amount of time it's taking... my take on that is they're the same people who would moan if an untested or poorly tested JB bricked their phone. These things can't be released willy-nilly, it has to be 100%.

• Advertisement

mihau wrote: »
    work fine on ip4 on 4.3.3 and work fine on ip4 5.1 . Only issue I found, and I'm still not sure if it's because of the tethered jailbreak of SAM is that mail.app is not working unless "just boot".
    That's because the tethered jb. Mail, safari and a few other things won't work if you reboot the phone. Then you have to boot tethered to get them working

Advertisement