Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A+A Beer, Friday 20th, 8:30pm, Duke on Duke St

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Bastards! Make sure to have this in Kildare next time!

Dublin... Bah Humbug! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dades wrote: »
    I'll be keeping an eye out for Galvasean's Rhino,

Like I said, there is a chance I may be late. if so I shall stand on the bar, holding the rhino aloft, yelling, "Come forth my GODLESS BRETHREN!!!!!!!"
    and thus, the atheist and agnostic alike shall gather ferom the four corners of teh bar.
    Or some such.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Have looked chestwards and found I'm wearing a <cough> suitable, if Triceratops-free, t-shirt :)

Hmmm... Iron Maiden -shirt... or dinosaurs!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Galvasean wrote: »
    Hmmm... Iron Maiden -shirt... or dinosaurs!?!

Get a shirt with Eddie riding a raptor! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've a contact no. for Robin, and if any of the attendees want mine in case we have trouble locating our 'own kind' later - PM me. A emergency location text might prove handy. :)

All aboard!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Christ I forgot about this until now

have fun, bit late for me now and too much to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Wish I was joining you. Have a great night, hope the heads aren't too sore in the morning! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm leaving now. Something just occurred to me; Dades and Robin are out tonight and it's not even 6AM in Japan yet. Go nuts kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Only spotting this now.

May pop in....

Should I bring a monkey? You know... for a change?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Shiiiit! I clean forgot, and I'm wrecked tired too... hmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I would have gone only I have a friend thing tomorrow night and Im super broke.

Maybe next time.

Have some good clean fun please, and remember kids, there is no such thing as god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Well that was a laugh I must say! :D I owe Robindch, Dades and Galvasean some drinks! Zillah made a ninja stealth appearance...couldn't even see him! :P I didn't get to talk to a couple of people too much, but hey there's always next time!

Can't believe how God Science awful I looked in that pic you took Monkeyfudge! (think it was my idea too wasn't it?) Hopefully that's one for your private collection only...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm leaving now. Something just occurred to me; Dades and Robin are out tonight and it's not even 6AM in Japan yet. Go nuts kids :)

The Buddah never sleeps Zillah, I'm watching you:p

To all, have a great night out with plenty of spirit(s):)

I was there! Ok so I was a bit late, but I spent half an hour roaming around The Duke trying to spot anyone wearing blasphemous clothing or holding a dinosaur, but to no avail. Probably should have gone with Dades' emergency text idea, but I thought it would be so much easier.

It's an odd experience looking at people at a table thinking "Could they be the internet people?" I don't know how the rest of you managed to work it out but I saw not one dinosaur, bus slogan T-Shirt or otherwise heretical sign. Luckily I was meeting other friends in town so I just went and joined them, so it wasn't a wasted journey or anything.

Apparently I am the weakest link. Out of curiosity, where were you sitting? I was wearing a T-Shirt with a Devil picture with the caption "God's busy, can I help?" and assumed this would draw atheists to me...but apparently not.

Oh well, sorry I missed you :/

Just home now.

Very good night.

We will start a thread about and try and work out what an atheist podcast or radio show would entail.

I've met Monkeyfudge before and all :( Didn't see you there. I suppose it'd be quite unlikely that there are two Dukes on Duke street.

I've met Monkeyfudge before and all :( Didn't see you there. I suppose it'd be quite unlikely that there are two Dukes on Duke street.

Ha. Aww.. too bad. I brought a sock monkey and all that was sitting on the rhinoceros back.

No really, where were you sitting? There was no dinosaur :/

No really, where were you sitting? There was no dinosaur :/

It was a rhinoceros in the end.. plus my sock monkey when I arrived at around 10.

We were in a sort of alcove seat towards the back before you reach the stairs. I knew Galvasean well.. so that's probably more how I spotted the group.

Was watching out for you though... what time were did you get in at?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Guys ... is this a case of atheists not being able to organise a piss up in a pub!!? Only one person (Dades presumably) would have to wear a distinctive garment ... e.g. funky colourful hat. Poor ould Zillah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Myksyk wrote: »
    Guys ... is this a case of atheists not being able to organise a piss up in a pub!!? Only one person (Dades presumably) would have to wear a distinctive garment ... e.g. funky colourful hat. Poor ould Zillah.

That's usually where I come in.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

that was good fun indeed.

very nice to meet everyone and I didn't have enact my get out plan!
    they were still drinking at 2 when i bowed out. eveyone make it?

Myksyk wrote: »

I was wearing a hat!

And Dades was wearing a Hawaiian shirt... that's pretty funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I haven't been on boards this last week (turns out I use all my energy here, then can't study!) so I forgot about the beers! And the worst part is I actually was already on my way to the Duke, last week, before I realised it was yesterday and not 8 days ago! :rolleyes: I'm so clueless sometimes...

Anyway, there should be another...bit rich coming from a flaker, but....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And Dades was wearing a Hawaiian shirt... that's pretty funky.
    It was open to reveal my Atheist Bus t-shirt!

Also the rhino/monkey combo was on the table all night, so it's a bummer you didn't see us, Zillah. We were on the lookout for people wandering about staring at tables to see if their imaginary internet friends were at them...

Not sure what time we went to Bruxelles but it was definitely endgame for me leaving there!

Great gig. :) Damn you monkeyfudge remembering all that talk of an atheist podcast!

We were in the little alcove spot beside the cigarette machine.

I got there a little after nine, maybe 21:10 or so, Monkeyfudge wouldn't have been there yet. Oh well. I'm leaving the country in a few weeks so that was your only chance :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oooo, me head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

robindch wrote: »
    Oooo, me head.GOD

I never fix posts but couldnt resist:D

Advertisement