Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

L1000258.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is that a Unisonic Tuning fork (MOSABO ESA 9162) movement I do spy? While you see stacks of Omegas with that movement you don't see too many UG's at all. Original strap too. Niiiice.

Here's a cheap and cheerful shot of my Longines Ultronic, also a "diver" with the same movement.

298025.jpg

Fascinating watches those hummers. Incredible engineering in them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Go to the top of the class. Basically a Bulova movement with usually nicer decoration.
    L1000299.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Go to the top of the class. Basically a Bulova movement with usually nicer decoration.
    Oh not quite to the top of the class for me CB. That's like an actual Bulova Accutron movement(218?) with UG finishing on the plates. Very cool. No the movement I thought it was is the ESA 9162 like this.

calibre-esa-9162-mosaba.jpg

Swiss made under licence, but Bulova supplied some parts like the microscopic index wheel. The guy who developed the accutron ran off to Switzerland in the late 60's and updated his design. The originals had positional error issues, the "Swiss" one doesn't so could pass chronometer testing with ease(most Omegas you see with this movement have chronometer on the dial)and it's easier to work on apparently. A lot of Swiss companies utilised this movement in the early 70's. IWC, Longines, Omega, Zenith, Tissot, Baume & Mercer are the ones that spring to mind. Omega used it a lot for a time. A stopgap between mechanical and quartz I suppose. They were pretty pricey at the time which didn't help. There's a very funky chrono version of it, by Longines and Omega. The latter is called the Speedsonic. Very cool name. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I was trying to get shots of the lume on my Speedy and SubC. The Speedy's lume is definitely not that great, and the SubC's is pretty impressive. The more I use/look at the Speedy, the more I am appreciating it. The Rolex is a weighty monster in comparison. Both great though in their own ways.

IMG_20140312_151813_zps4b9891db.jpg

IMG_20140312_152746_zps6f1c9ba9.jpg

• Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago I posted about this 1916 Longines being pretty dependable and accurate. Well I decided to test it to be sure as it were and cos I forgot how much I like wearing and looking at is, so have been using it as my daily watch since then, just to see. Because it doesn't have a hacking movement synchronising the time was difficult enough, so I had let it wind down a bit and "hacked" it by holding the winder in tension backwards and lined it up that way.

Well as we speak a couple of weeks later, it's 6 seconds behind the oul atomic clock. :eek: Some days it's ahead(or behind). Sometimes by up to 10-15 seconds and you think "oh oh", but as sure as taxes it comes back to averaging out right on the money a few seconds either side of atomic time. 98 years old. Bloody hell. :eek:

What's worse on my part is that it hasn't had a service in 8 years. :o:o

As I was typing this the fcuker has now decided to be within 3 seconds of true. That's just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hello!
    I am switching today from lurker to poster for this forum.
    Today I recieved this 60's manual Boctok in the post from a recent ebay purchase.
    13152741444_c4dc282d2a_z.jpg
    I absolutely love it :)
    Grabbed a brown leather strap in the local jewellers, but I will keep on the look out for a nicer similar strap.
    13152555113_03df33df92_n.jpg13152708564_79b941d386_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

Steines means 'stones' I think, so I reckon that could refer to jewels?

fulladapipes is probably right. It might have a 10 jewels cylinder movement. Something like this.

http://www.christophlorenz.de/watch/movements/unknown/zylinderwerk_2.php?l=en

Also a 10 jewels Cylinder movement.

fg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

Really nice Wostok! I think it's more 70's/80's than 60's.

fg

fishguy wrote: »

fg

You could be right, I am only going by the information in the ebay ad to be honest:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Hello!
    I am switching today from lurker to poster for this forum.
    Today I recieved this 60's manual Boctok in the post from a recent ebay purchase.
    fishguy wrote: »
    fg

It looks like this one from the Boctok 1976 catalogue.

I love the expertise in here. :) Not just "I think it's...", but "here's the feckin catalogue page Ted".

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

Poljot Okeah Final Edition. Pics borrowed from the internet.

7460826752_e0f0fef6fe_o.jpg

7460827066_146d614c44_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Zeppelin Automatic LZ127

I got a promotion in work so bought myself a new Seiko! It came Friday.
    13330159333_ac63a643d1.jpg

I'm in love :D
    13330393874_4d82ffa485.jpg13330389934_6e3acd00ca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

That's really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just took delivery of this Parnis 1x Power Reserve Style III Textured White Dial With Date and Seconds Subdial. I swapped out the nasty brown strap that came with it with one of my own. Sorry about the photos...taken with The IPad.....

DC

[IMG][/img]8e3358a81d3940b2cf1e649b1e7df059.jpg

67b68bf7d888b5db806f4bf8dff577a2.jpg

64e42ef8d7f2290cb464b268a9929afa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I got a promotion in work so bought myself a new Seiko! It came Friday.

yeah, its really nice. i love the blue.

Decoda wrote: »
    Just took delivery of this Parnis 1x Power Reserve Style III Textured White Dial With Date and Seconds Subdial. I swapped out the nasty brown strap that came with it with one of my own. Sorry about the photos...taken with The IPad.....

DC

Very nice, where did you buy from? Any customs charges?

Decoda wrote: »

Like that too. How's the timekeeping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Thx guys,

Another that arrived today

1x Power Reserve Style I White Dial With Seconds Subdial. Again I swapped out the absolutely dreadful black strap that came with it for one of my own. Again some horrible photos... :-(

0a902ea24599171e2777e5af831d8174.jpg

fbde65dc22bcef66636867119628f448.jpg

Mredsnapper -timekeeping seems to be ok. Haven't really had it long enough to guage exact accuracy.

Onform - no customs charges thankfully. I bought this and another
    . Although delivery took nearly 5 weeks, for the money ($110 for the Style 3 and $90 for the other, I don't think you can go too far wrong).

Ordered both from http://www.parnisoutlet.com no issues, the delivery took approx 5 weeks by surface mail but I was happy enough to wait.

Regards

DC

Decoda wrote:

Onform - no customs charges thankfully. I bought this and another
    . Although delivery took nearly 5 weeks, for the money ($110 for the Style 3 and $90 for the other, I don't think you can go too far wrong).

Ordered both from http://www.parnisoutlet.com no issues, the delivery took approx 5 weeks by surface mail but I was happy enough to wait.

Regards

DC

Thanks, will check out that site. $9 for shipping per watch seems reasonable. Love that second, Portuguese style one. Well wear with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Been meaning to add one of these to the collection for a while now and an opportunity came up last week to pick this up from the private collection of the european AD and I couldn't resist :)

Magrette Moana Pacific no150 of 500 made.

magrette.jpg

Ohhh I like that Homer. There are some hints of the past, but it could be 1970's or a certain Italian navy diver watch from the 40's, but it's so modern too. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Homer wrote: »
    Been meaning to add one of these to the collection for a while now and an opportunity came up last week to pick this up from the private collection of the european AD and I couldn't resist :)

Magrette Moana Pacific no150 of 500 made.

Have been speaking to them recently, was looking at getting the Moana Pacific Diver Pro Steel/blue or the Regattare TIKI Stainless Steel/Blue

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Just got my Speedy Pro bracelet back from Swatch group. The clasp was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced. Really happy to have it back. I had been wearing it on a Timefactors Darlena strap for the past few weeks and it really is a very different watch on a strap and on a bracelet. Both are nice, it's like having two watches! I really am a boring one watch WIS these days :)

boards-2014-03-25%2018.28.22.jpg

boards-2014-03-25%2018.37.55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Just got my Speedy Pro bracelet back from Swatch group. The clasp was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced. Really happy to have it back. I had been wearing it on a Timefactors Darlena strap for the past few weeks and it really is a very different watch on a strap and on a bracelet. Both are nice, it's like having two watches! I really am a boring one watch WIS these days :)

ah now...stop, everytime I convince myself I dont need a Speedie, you pop up a pic and then Off I go looking for one again :rolleyes:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

ah now...stop, everytime I convince myself I dont need a Speedie, you pop up a pic and then Off I go looking for one again :rolleyes:

Hmm, in that's the effect I'm having maybe I should start asking Omega for referral fees;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had my eye on this for a while, decided to take the plunge when I was in America recently (exchange rate pretty good at the moment).

2w69w0o.jpg

2upqs5z.jpg

9ad1dj.png

1z1fztt.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

My first mechanical watch, seiko 5
    htipvl.jpg
    2mrf7n9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement