Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

am sooooooo jealous

Thanks Deep Thought.

Its beautiful and from my very limited knowledge it is appears to be a very well crafted watch.

I could also wear it upside down and happily look at the movement, it's like a work of art.

I always admired Cyrus's fine watch collection and I'm more than happy to give his Zenith a permanent home :)

TbL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Its beautiful and from my very limited knowledge it is appears to be a very well crafted watch.

I could also wear it upside down and happily look at the movement, it's like a work of art.
    I agree and I say that as I'm wearing my very precious to me early 1930's Zenith as we speak. They defo seem built to last*. :)
    I always admired Cyrus's fine watch collection and I'm more than happy to give his Zenith a permanent home :)
    As have we all TBL and you're the canny fecker who has benefitted from his momentary lapse of reason. Well... I say reason... he is a watch nutcase after all and so are you, so we're all afflicted with the madness and like C said great to see it go to a fellow nutcase. :)

*no they really do. Before I knew better, oh god the situations I put me and the watch into.:eek: The damn thing is better built to last than me. :D Doesn't even have shock protection. New fangled nonsense.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Wibbs wrote: »
    As have we all TBL and you're the canny fecker who has benefitted from his momentary lapse of reason. Well... I say reason... he is a watch nutcase after all and so are you, so we're all afflicted with the madness and like C said great to see it go to a fellow nutcase. :)

i have realised for some time that there is no reason at all with this 'affliction':D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea there is C, but nobody but a watch nut would really get the reasons and that makes it good. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I think we should Nominate Cyrus as the Boards AD for lovely watch stuff....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I think we should Nominate Cyrus as the Boards AD for lovely watch stuff....

Now that would be a cool job :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The Jetfighter has a new landing strip :D

727767d1384794986-russischer-braetling-poljot-jetfighter-dsc_0045-large-.jpg
    727768d1384794986-russischer-braetling-poljot-jetfighter-dsc_0044-large-.jpg
    727769d1384794986-russischer-braetling-poljot-jetfighter-dsc_0040-large-.jpg

now it's poifeck :)

Couldn't resist another one of these...

Bit different with the steel Bezel... east to read and nice and light

IMG_1097_zpsf215c423.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You guys have given me the bug. This is my first watch in a while, to go alongside a number of Citizens.

281006.jpg

Definitely retro looking, It'll be my cycling/fixing cars/muck around watch. I think its pretty cool and cost feck all!

Next on my list, Orient Mako diver, with a blue bezel! Damn you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This late 60's Omega arrived in the post today. Sadly I have not taken to it yet. Will give it some wrist time to see if it grows on me and if not will sell it on.

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Got this yesterday, was about €170 all in. Custom charges were €9.21. Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar BL5290-59F

Pay no heed to the hammer and drill in the background!!!

11007774295_044dcf08da_b.jpg

11006919075_3134635421_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Oh that's a tasty piece Trigger. Me likey a lot.

Well...here it is, My Steinhart Grand Prix Limited Edition

Number 112 of 150 in the world

SteinhartGrandPrixLE_zps7082c05c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

SteinhartGrandPrixLE_zps7082c05c.png

Nice one, now let's see the back....

Zagato wrote: »
    Nice one, now let's see the back....

ScreenShot2013-11-28at200733_zps3ea55462.png

ScreenShot2013-11-28at200758_zpse8c6c6ab.png

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

Just picked this Christopher ward speedhawk

I can't tell you how great the quality is on this thing. It's as good as others watches at multiples of the price. Plus the company has fantastic customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I like that, well wear

TbL

QUOTE=hairypigeon;87741187]Just picked this Christopher ward speedhawk

I can't tell you how great the quality is on this thing. It's as good as others watches at multiples of the price. Plus the company has fantastic customer service[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Was about to say that there's another one for sale on tz (what a coincidence) when I noticed the same serial number and yourself duly sending a PM!
    Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

DW5600E-1V.jpg

I've been wanting to buy a new watch for ages but didn't have a clue as to what I wanted. I'm nervous about this as it's not the typical style of watch I'd order and I'm not too sure if it would be something that would get much wrist time but for €44 or so delivered it's worth a shot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've been wanting to buy a new watch for ages but didn't have a clue as to what I wanted. I'm nervous about this as it's not the typical style of watch I'd order and I'm not too sure if it would be something that would get much wrist time but for €44 or so delivered it's worth a shot.

I was in the same boat, but I haven't taken mine off since I got mine! Great work horse.

Just ordered an Orient Blue Mako, such a gorgeous looking watch. Will post pics when I get it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

DW5600E-1V.jpg

Have you got a link for this watch - tempted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Quaint wrote: »

I do indeed. The seller is based in the states and I've bought a few watches from him in the past with no complaints.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Casio-G-Shock-200-Meter-Watch-Black-Resin-Strap-Alarm-DW5600E-1V-/370957632492?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item565ecc43ec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just ordered an Orient Blue Mako, such a gorgeous looking watch. Will post pics when I get it!

What site did you order the Mako from? I said I wouldnt be buying another watch for a while, but this one is still on my list of must haves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Be tempted!.. I've posted about mine here, its still on its original battery and strap since 1988!!.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    What site did you order the Mako from? I said I wouldnt be buying another watch for a while, but this one is still on my list of must haves

I ordered from these guys:

http://www.schoeneuhren.de/

Hopefully it works out well, 111 delivered, at that price I almost wanted another one! I got an invoice and a tracking number there this afternoon so I'll see how the whole thing pans out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Santa delivered this to me this morning.
    A 1970s USSR made Puljot manual wind with hammer alarm.

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

I need to buy a new cushion for the watch box to accommodate this one.

IMG_4162.jpg

Popped a different strap on it...
    IMG_4165.jpg

I ordered one of these for the IDENT...hope it doesnt look too mad now when I put it on, but wanted something a bit off the norm. Seen a few online with the khaki strap and it looked well but hopefully the orange will set it off nice

The original strap is ok, but after a few months wearing it, its not loosening out, so time to change...will post pics when I get it

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-5-ring-Orange-Military-Watches/dp/B0084D4VRS

IMG_3963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Be tempted!.. I've posted about mine here, its still on its original battery and strap since 1988!!.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Arrived yesterday...only wore it for a few hrs yesterday evenining but already had a few comments passed as to how clear the dial is and easy to read. Strap is a bit rigid and will take some breaking in but already looking at a zulu options and maybe a silicon aswell
    As the thread title says NO Quoting photos please.
    With no running seconds hand, at least its not so obvious that its a quartz until you start up the chronograph. Will probably be my weekend watch and the chrono will get some use aswell. It was important for me to get a chrono with the min hand at the 9 position as most of the time i will be using it will be from 11am to 4pm. Anywhere else there is a chance it would be obscured by the hour hand.

Only downside is the mineral crystal glass but for this price i wasnt expecting it. However if i could upgrade it to sapphire I'd look into it.

Anyone know where I could get this done and what kind of money it would be?

Lovely watch, Can i ask where you got this?
    I love watches and I'm starting to build up a collection :)

• Advertisement

Lovely watch, Can i ask where you got this?
    I love watches and I'm starting to build up a collection :)

got it from ebay from terrytrain
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRINTEC-IDENT-PILOT-AVIATION-WATCH-CHRONOGRAPH-STAINLESS-STEEL-BLACK-PVD-NEW-/131001412408

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement