Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have one of these on the way, very excited

_DSC2823_zps01a8e71a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »

wow...stunning

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

@Cyrus are you sure you don't own Weirs and are taking some stock home, photographing it, and posting it here to make the rest of us green with envy :)

That Zenith is a beaut.

TbL

@Cyrus are you sure you don't own Weirs and are taking some stock home, photographing it, and posting it here to make the rest of us green with envy :)

That Zenith is a beaut.

TbL

Haha guess it seems like that, I do flip a lot, I only ever have about 5 watches at one time so they do come and go

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Class watch! U wud want a safe to keep that hide :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

The homage bug bit me this week and these two arrived from Steinhart.

Ocean Vintage Military and an Ocean Vintage GMT

74ab1857-5da7-40c3-a6d2-14870e479d01_zps025c7d20.jpg

New yachtmaster arrived, may be a keeper :D as the zenith may be making way (i know i know)

blue dial is lovely, changes from navy to light blue, polished centre links are messing with my ocd almost impossible to keep perfect!

While it looks like a sub the side profile and lugs are quite different and it isnt as chunky (wr to 100m not 300m despite a trip lock crown)

Lume is nice too!

P1040726_zpse8fdc656.jpg

P1040727_zps6aea4dcd.jpg

P1040729_zps6242e33f.jpg

P1040730_zpse9542d34.jpg

P1040732_zps6ccbfc8c.jpg

P1040734_zps47c1e7ed.jpg

P1040736_zps563be7ea.jpg

P1040738_zps0adbf8f0.jpg

P1040739_zps8d2a8ec6.jpg

P1040743_zpse820563f.jpg

P1040741_zps02fe83e4.jpg

Cyrus, very nice and well wear, I love the colour but in my humble opinion the cyclops lessens the overall look of the watch.

It wouldn't stop me wearing it though :)

TbL

New yachtmaster arrived, may be a keeper :D as the zenith may be making way (i know i know)

The Zenith...

The Zenith...

One boardsies loss.. .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Beautiful watches Cyrus. I really don't know how you can choose which ones to flip. I wouldn't be able to say good bye to any of them.

The yacht master looks very big , not oversized but very substantial.What size is it?

Just the angle of the pics 40mm same as a sub :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm surprised - looks much bigger than a 40mm watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sweet...

i could never wear it though, all that polished metal would be scratched after a few min

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    sweet...

i could never wear it though, all that polished metal would be scratched after a few min
    It's one reason why I was always a vintage guy, they come pre scratched. Or what's described as having "patina". :) So I don't have to worry about that first scratch. Being an anal weirdo I'd lose the plot with a brand new watch. For me to walk a mile in Cyrus' shoes/wrist, I'd need industrial strength tranquilisers. If you ever spot a bloke walking around with bubblewrap on his wrist, you'l know it's me with a new watch. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's one reason why I was always a vintage guy, they come pre scratched. Or what's described as having "patina". :) So I don't have to worry about that first scratch. Being an anal weirdo I'd lose the plot with a brand new watch. For me to walk a mile in Cyrus' shoes/wrist, I'd need industrial strength tranquilisers. If you ever spot a bloke walking around with bubblewrap on his wrist, you'l know it's me with a new watch. :D

I'm a weirdo too, any marks drive me mental :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

come to the dark side of vintage... you know you want to... *he beckons* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

come to the dark side of vintage... you know you want to... *he beckons* :D

I will be posting pics of my latest vintage in a few days once if arrives from the states. I got that vintage bug!
    Excited!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bit of a departure in style to the lovely watches above, but this chap just arrived today; Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1ER.

Haven't bought a g-shock in maybe a decade now so was itching to get a new one, the Rangeman seemed to be getting positive reviews so went with it. Ordered it about a month ago from klepsoo but only shipped last Thursday. It has a really nice feel to it, solid and weighty but not too heavy. Resin strap rather than the carbon fiber Japanese variant. The metal buttons have a lovely textured surface on them. Delighted with it so far. :)

dybOpTf.jpg

lw68Xkz.jpg

uIdUGhW.jpg

zh8oJqs.jpg

SvsiLlj.jpg

NZ1z0Wm.jpg

Size comparison with my old Traser watch:

KoZ3pXW.jpg

vdfXFKF.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bit of a departure in style to the lovely watches above, but this chap just arrived today; Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1ER.

Are you not gonna tell us about the ones in the background..:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I'll take some proper pictures of this when I can remember to put the camera in my bag. Nice size at 40mm and it has the prized micro-rotor movement so relatively slender for an auto. The crown is relatively bonkers for the size of the watch but it's a screw-down which is a nice detail. It came with a different bracelet but there was something wrong with an endlink - thankfully I had a spare UG bracelet already and I think the endpieces are a fairly good fit. Will try it on a Cousins Bellini alligator at some point as well.
    UG%20Blue.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Are you not gonna tell us about the ones in the background..:P

Nothing too fancy I'm afraid. :o

Seiko automatic (shamefully neglected lately)
    Traser
    G-Shock (released around one of the Mission Impossible films I think)
    Timex Expedition
    Timex Ironman

I have one of the old Casio Pro-Trek giant watches in a box somewhere, battery long dead.

U8d1Rps.jpg

Very modern military selection goin on there. I'd reckon the vast majority of modern soldiers would be or would have worn one of that lot at one stage. Cool. :)

One boardsies loss.. .........

...another boardsies gain :)

Tnx to Cyrus I'm now the proud owner of this cracker. (I also borrowed his photo)

Its better than I thought and I'm getting strange looks from people looking at the smiling nutjob who seems to be constantly checking the time!

Couldn't recommend Cyrus highly enough, the watch even came with the jewellers bag (even though its 3 years old). I feel like I got a brand new watch. Given Cyrus's propensity to flip he could become my AD :)

Very professional and helpful and a nice guy to boot.

TbL

P1040676_zps9cf34f0c.jpg

Tnx to Cyrus I'm now the proud owner of this cracker. (I also borrowed his photo)

Its better than I thought and I'm getting strange looks from people looking at the smiling nutjob who seems to be constantly checking the time!

Couldn't recommend Cyrus highly enough, the watch even came with the jewellers bag (even though its 3 years old). I feel like I got a brand new watch. Given Cyrus's propensity to flip he could become my AD :)

Very professional and helpful and a nice guy to boot.

TbL

Great to meet you C, enjoy the watch, looks great on you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Here's some better ones; the dial is bluer than seems to show in the pictures. I may be getting ahead of myself but the bracelet needs brushing (it has a weird contrast of gloss and what looks like bead-blasting) and I might have a go at it myself. The watch will probably going on a lapping machine in the new year so what's the worst thing that can happen.
    DSC_0406.jpgDSC_0427.jpgDSC_0432.jpgDSC_0434.jpg

I can also see if the bracelet from this one fits it once I'm in the same country as it.
    DSC_5670.JPG

Niiiice.

am sooooooo jealous

And I'm soooo jealous of CB's UG. :) It's very distinctive in design. No post modern reference to the past looking for inspiration. It is gloriously and happily "modern" for it's time and I bloody love it.

TBL's Zenith is only gorge. Cyrus, Don't get me wrong I think you're brill with a fantastic eye, but you're also clearly mad to move that on(and TBL is clearly the more sensible of us all to grab it). A lovely madness, but madness nonetheless. :D

• Advertisement

And I'm soooo jealous of CB's UG. :) It's very distinctive in design. No post modern reference to the past looking for inspiration. It is gloriously and happily "modern" for it's time and I bloody love it.

TBL's Zenith is only gorge. Cyrus, Don't get me wrong I think you're brill with a fantastic eye, but you're also clearly mad to move that on(and TBL is clearly the more sensible of us all to grab it). A lovely madness, but madness nonetheless. :D

indeed i am, found myself admiring it on TBLs wrist!

but glad it went to a boardsy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement