Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have supporting 2 projects on Kickstarter

Tidy Tilt + - http://www.tidytilt.com/

and

Elevation Dock - http://www.elevationlab.com/products/elevationdock-for-iphone5

Its an easy way to get a new product cheaper than retail and you are updated in its progress

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New arrival today !

Seen this watch popping up on the bay on and off for months ...for a buy it now price way north of my personal limit and from a seller who mainly deals in car parts.
    I liked it a lot but wasn't prepared to pay that much from a seller who didn't really know what they were talking about (going by their sketchy description).
    Plus I had never seen that model anywhere before so I wasn't quite sure about its authenticity.

It popped up again the other week with the "suggest a price option" and seenashow it hadn't sold for months I cheekily offered them just over half their asking price ...and they accepted.

Well, today it arrived and to say that I got a good deal is the understatement of the year :D

Under a massive amount of bubble wrap out comes a sizeable branded Poljot box and inside is a lovley black polished wooden box, the instructions and of course, the watch

242184.JPG

and it's only gorgeous :

242185.JPG
    242186.JPG

wristhshot (the strap is still a bit stiff so it doesn't quite sit right, but perfect size for my wrist)

242187.JPG

And here it is again in all its glory

242188.JPG

The hour markers aren't printed but highly polished steel and dial isn't white either but has a silvery sheen to it ...but you try and photograph that without proper lighting equipment

EDIT

Here are a few more pics, now with added sunlight

983679d1361634836-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0068-large-.jpg
    983680d1361634836-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0063-large-.jpg
    983681d1361634836-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0060-large-.jpg
    983690d1361634990-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0079-large-.jpg
    983692d1361634998-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0069-large-.jpg
    983684d1361634925-what-kind-poljot-chrono-did-i-just-buy-dsc_0084-large-.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Very nice - what's the model?

I don't know what the model is ...I reckon it's Russian domestic market only.
    According to the paperwork it's from 2008 and according to the back it's from a limited series of 200 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

peasant wrote: »
    I don't know what the model is ...I reckon it's Russian domestic market only.
    According to the paperwork it's from 2008 and according to the back it's from a limited series of 200 only.

first in line if you decide to flip that. its a beaut! well wear

• Advertisement

Flip?

You must be flippin' mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

yeah, that's a keeper peasant, lovely piece, really nice, enjoy it!

loverly....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Now that is a genuinely lovely looking Russian watch. Congrats sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Terrible picture, I should stop buying watches and buy a camera instead!

242292.jpg

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    Very nice - what's the model?

Good Q, there must be something on it

Good Q, there must be something on it

Honestly, I have no idea (and I did try to find out)

Maybe this'll help ? :D

242300.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

This is gas, we all want one.

If anyone finds out post it here and we'll put in a group order, might be a discount on multiple orders!

sparrowcar wrote: »

If anyone finds out post it here and we'll put in a group order, might be a discount on multiple orders!

Well ...good luck

The watch is marked "Poljot" and "First Moscow Watch Factory" and stems from a time when both the brand name and the factory no longer existed and/or were disputed.

Several new companies have sprung from the 1st Moscow factory (some have since faltered themselves)

Potential addressees for your group order include:

http://poletx.ru/
    http://www.maktime-shop.ru/
    http://www.aviatorwatch.ru/
    http://www.denissov.ru/start/eng/index.html

You "just" have to contact all of the above, find out who was involved (and to what degree) in making this watch and would they mind making it again

Honestly, I have no idea (and I did try to find out)

Maybe this'll help ? :D

Perfect, exactly what I thought it was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Well ...good luck

The watch is marked "Poljot" and "First Moscow Watch Factory" and stems from a time when both the brand name and the factory no longer existed and/or were disputed.

Several new companies have sprung from the 1st Moscow factory (some have since faltered themselves)

Potential addressees for your group order include:

http://poletx.ru/
    http://www.maktime-shop.ru/
    http://www.aviatorwatch.ru/
    http://www.denissov.ru/start/eng/index.html

You "just" have to contact all of the above, find out who was involved (and to what degree) in making this watch and would they mind making it again

Hmmm.. Might be easier to invent time travel :rolleyes:
    :pac:

Hmmm.. Might be easier to invent time travel :rolleyes:
    :pac:

Pfft - do you falter at the first hurdle each and every time?! This is a challenge- it can be our challenge.................... right, so who's taking the lead?

713481d1337482959-my-new-seiko-5-snk805k2-2012-05-19155137.jpg

I was browsing my favourite Seiko seller on eBay- noticed the above was coming to an end and was low in price. Despite not really being my cup of tea I couldn't resist the idea of a bargain and put in a bid. Watch was just under $40 while delivery is always $25 :(

It's about €49..... fecking eBay tempting me with cheap watches!

Still a bargain though ...and a nice one at that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Still a bargain though ...and a nice one at that.
    and when Peasant says this you just know... :) Nice catch KH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

In case it helps, I came across a very similar model this evening called the "Poljot Journey". It's not quite the same as Peasant as it has 3 dials, but might be close enough for interested people.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

ballyrhy86 wrote: »
    Terrible picture, I should stop buying watches and buy a camera instead!

242292.jpg

Hi Ballyrhy86, beautiful watch that.

I am an impulse buyer and want to purchase this Seiko ASAP from Creations.. Can you please tell me where you got the strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Have just taken possession of my latest impulse buy another Seiko, a Pilot Solar Alarm Flghtmaster SCCO 13 P1.

I really like the Seiko watche range and would be happy to wear almost any of their watches.

I'm blaming Tigger for this purchase as he recently posted his Seiko purchase and got me browsing their site again :)

I'll post my usual crappy quality photo when I get a chance.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Have just taken possession of my latest impulse buy another Seiko, a Pilot Solar Alarm Flghtmaster SCCO 13
    TbL

Ah jaysis, why did you do that to me.. She's another beaut and coming in at the same price, I'm like a dog with two tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Eoin wrote: »
    In case it helps, I came across a very similar model this evening called the "Poljot Journey". It's not quite the same as Peasant as it has 3 dials, but might be close enough for interested people.

I reckon one of the dials fell off Peasant's, that's why it was on eBay!??

art wrote: »
    I reckon one of the dials fell off Peasant's, that's why it was on eBay!??

The Journey and my watch are certainly cousins. Internal rotating bezel and the whole top of the watch are of identical construction (and probably the same size). Main body and caseback are very different though.

Other than the missing dial (:D) I did indeed discover a minor flaw with my watch today (which might explain how it ended up on the bay). QC may have rejected it at some stage for misaligned hands. When the hour hand is perfectly on the hour mark, the minute hand is about eight minutes behind...in other words the hands don't overlap perfectly at 12 and the hour hand is always a bit beyond the mark when the minute hand shows the full hour.

Slightly annoying once you know about it ...but no biggy really

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

smokey20 wrote: »
    Hi Ballyrhy86, beautiful watch that.

I am an impulse buyer and want to purchase this Seiko ASAP from Creations.. Can you please tell me where you got the strap?

It's a Hirsch Liberty and I got it from the Watch Band Center (http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p7909h118s846-Watch-band-Liberty-1.html). You can get that strap from a few places online. It was fairly quick in arriving.

I got the diver from Creation Watches as well, no hassles...and no customs bill yet!

Slightly annoying once you know about it ...but no biggy really

I dont believe you should live with that flaw...best Flip It...;)

Well....ya have to really

mm_zps0e8fc6ad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

This is the reason 2 of my other watches have to go. Still have to read the manual and figure out all functions, should keep me busy for a few days!

I missed one one a while ago and jumped straight at this one. Even the wife likes it, although this falls in the "toys for boys" category!

Yes%2520Zulu%2520002.jpg
    Yes%2520Zulu%2520003.jpg
    Yes%2520Zulu%2520005.jpg
    Yes%2520Zulu%2520006.jpg
    Yes%2520Zulu%2520007.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement