Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

aidankkk wrote: »
    Looks like amazon photo link doesnt work

SNIP

I still hate that you bought that Oris and Pan Europe in one go off Eoin... you make me sick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭redlead

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Picked up this odd ball today:

Not really my bag, style wise, but an unusual combination of design, styling, and technology of its day.

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy it if its not your style? Can you see yourself wearing it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd defo wear it R, then again when it came out a lack of taste was a symptom of the Bloodynoravirus, I started to worry.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

This is what you guys cost me, in the last year

That’s good going for a year’s work, imo! Some lovely pieces in that collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭This is it

I hate that I've found this forum. Now I want all the warches :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is it wrote: »
    I hate that I've found this forum. Now I want all the warches :/
    **Health Warning** Basically in clinical terms T; you've caught watchitisoses. A chronic, incurable condition both treated and caused by more watches. In essence T, you're fecked. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

porker36 wrote: »
    so this is my current watch collection, took it out of hiding, my wife would dispose of me if she saw these:D:D

I like the Monaco

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@aidankkk - a Poljot Buran flieger on the top left? I had to search for it. Probably the coolest watch I've seen on here in quite a while. Perfect strap with it too. Did you buy it like that or did you add the strap yourself?

At 37mm it's probably too small for me, otherwise I'd be going mad on eBay already trying to get my hands on one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What's meant for you won't pass you...

I bought Unkel's Longines on a whim and almost instantly regretted it. Lovely watch but too big for my wrist. Luckily it sold on quickly here with a small loss net to me. No big deal, you live and learn and the new owner can enjoy it.

I instantly turned my attention back to the actual watch I've wanted to buy for some time the Steinhart ocean one pepsi GMT in the 39mm version. I've been keeping an eye out for a 2nd hand one for a few weeks now and had decided i would have to buy new from Steinhart. I was chatting to Homer and Mitch Buchannon about watches and told them about my plans when Homer came back with a link from adverts of a pre owned version. It was only up about 3 hours at this stage and owner looking for €350. Bang in went a solid €300 offer which was accepted. Deal done the next day as the guy lived within 2km of my job.

"I love it when a plan comes together"

20200406-191904.jpg
    20200407-062917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

unkel wrote: »
    @aidankkk - a Poljot Buran flieger on the top left? I had to search for it. Probably the coolest watch I've seen on here in quite a while. Perfect strap with it too. Did you buy it like that or did you add the strap yourself?

At 37mm it's probably too small for me, otherwise I'd be going mad on eBay already trying to get my hands on one :D

I bought the strap on watch gecko. That watch was definatly the best €150 I spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I bought the strap on watch gecko. That watch was definatly the best €150 I spent.

That was a steal! Best price of one on eBay is GBP245. Where did you get it?

as you can see, I can't let this go. And I don't didn't even like fliegers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

I like the Monaco

cheers , its a lovely watch, haven't worn it in ages, have to change back the strap, the one its on doesn't work with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I'm in a Monarchical-mechanical mood today.

Likes: The price (around €150), the power-reserve indicator, no date function making it quicker to set it, the strap that came with it and the fact it's a hacking movement.

Dislikes: The gold-plating but it's less expensive than plain SS and the display case back as the movement is barely visible and not worth looking at.

508649.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

redlead wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why did you buy it if its not your style? Can you see yourself wearing it?

I just meant that it is not what I would normally go for in a watch.

But it is an intriguing story behind a piece from a quality manufacturer with a very high spec movement, and I'm a bit of a petrol head too.

It is an oddball watch — that, I like.

All of my watches are interesting, to me at least, for these kinds of reasons.

Plus, I've never owned a Cartier watch before, even if the legend goes that Cartier had these built by a mere subsidiary: Baume et Mercier!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭Homer

cheers , its a lovely watch, haven't worn it in ages, have to change back the strap, the one its on doesn't work with it
    Speaking of which.. got a couple of 22mm Barton Bands for my save the ocean Turtle and while I had the bands out at the weekend started experimenting. Wasn’t initially sure about the attached pic but it’s definitely something I’ll sport during the summer!

475-A698-E-83-E4-4118-BE4-F-BBF666434-F63.jpg

I originally had it on an old Vostok Amphibia I had lying around..

A4481-C64-5-C36-4-CB2-AC1-E-1399-F7-B328-CA.jpg

And I stuck the Orange band on the turtle..

B1-EBF105-2-DF2-4088-80-C4-6-A2177-CB5-A5-C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

Agree totally :) didn't want to say.

Agree totally :) didn't want to say.

:o:o:o

@ homer, there nice straps, will investigate those:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

@ homer, there nice straps, will investigate those:)

Barton Elite Silicone straps are great. Very comfortable and lots of colour variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭This is it

It seems to have already done the rounds in here. Just need the lockdown to end so I can get a new battery for it. Thanks sparrowcar :)

508692.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭redlead

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I just meant that it is not what I would normally go for in a watch.

But it is an intriguing story behind a piece from a quality manufacturer with a very high spec movement, and I'm a bit of a petrol head too.

It is an oddball watch — that, I like.

All of my watches are interesting, to me at least, for these kinds of reasons.

Plus, I've never owned a Cartier watch before, even if the legend goes that Cartier had these built by a mere subsidiary: Baume et Mercier!

Yeah I was really surprised to see a seiko movement in a Cartier but was reading about it after I saw your post. Its very interesting. Ferrari have had a mad selection of watches over the years. I loved the range that GP did for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Barton Elite Silicone straps are great. Very comfortable and lots of colour variations.

Interesting, I have a Crafter Blue on my Seiko and I am finding it very rigid.

May look at these

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

Interesting, I have a Crafter Blue on my Seiko and I am finding it very rigid.

May look at these

The Barton canvas straps are also really comfy & have quick release springs too which always helps. Have a couple of them on different watches & really like them. Great range of colours too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barton-Canvas-Release-Watch-Straps/dp/B0721LL5K2/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=barton+watch+bands&qid=1586345747&sr=8-7

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

shano76 wrote: »
    The Barton canvas straps are also really comfy & have quick release springs too which always helps. Have a couple of them on different watches & really like them. Great range of colours too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barton-Canvas-Release-Watch-Straps/dp/B0721LL5K2/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=barton+watch+bands&qid=1586345747&sr=8-7

Sorry - I meant to add, these Sailcloth ones are also great!! Really like them. Plain black I think but have coloured/contrast stitching to match most watches but with a bit of subtlety..

https://www.watchgecko.com/sailcloth-watch-strap

The Alpinist really blooms in the sunlight.

Garden greenery.

508779.JPG

that alpinist is stunning, I must resist though:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is it wrote: »
    It seems to have already done the rounds in here. Just need the lockdown to end so I can get a new battery for it. Thanks sparrowcar :)

She's the village bike :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭893bet

The Alpinist really blooms in the sunlight.

Garden greenery.

[[/IMG]

Hmmmmm.....want.

How thick is this watch?

(I have well documented thickness issues at this point, 11mm is my limit).

893bet wrote: »

The SARB017 is 12mm.

Edit: But the curved lugs make it wear thinner than the actual dimensions.

508782.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

893bet wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.....want.

How thick is this watch?

Your poor wife :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement