Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Wibbs wrote: »
    Green with envy H. :)

If I'm ever selling it, you can have first refusal on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

e8g0b.jpg

I like him. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭893bet

New week!

32728-FEB-426-B-4161-B31-C-AA377-BE4-EEF6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

893bet wrote: »
    New week!

32728-FEB-426-B-4161-B31-C-AA377-BE4-EEF6.jpg

Wow lucky devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone else reevaluating their career choices when reading this thread? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

was going to post a pic of my humble poor mans watch collection but def not doing so after a patek goes up :):):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

porker36 wrote: »
    was going to post a pic of my humble poor mans watch collection but def not doing so after a patek goes up :):):D:D

One of the best points of this forum is the refreshing lack of snobbery. A modest €50 watch like an entry level Seiko or a Vostok is very much appreciated here, so put up pictures of that humble collection right now! :)

Of course watches at the other end of the spectrum in terms of what they cost are also more than welcome.

Feck it porker36 if u like em that’s all that matters I think I speak for the majority here when I say we can all appreciate all watches regardless of price or brand.

Can we see a pic of the beautiful presentation box and booklets sans any personal info for the Patek. Love seeing all the accoutrements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Plenty of room for it here:cool:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057397596&page=9

Can be difficult enough to get a clear photo, so tell us what they are when you post it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Can we see a pic of the beautiful presentation box and booklets sans any personal info for the Patek. Love seeing all the accoutrements.

I am pretty busy but will try root it down from the attic.

Will try slot it in between my lying on the couch time and staring out the window time that I have slotted into calendar later.

unkel wrote: »
    One of the best points of this forum is the refreshing lack of snobbery. A modest €50 watch like an entry level Seiko or a Vostok is very much appreciated here, so put up pictures of that humble collection right now! :)

Of course watches at the other end of the spectrum in terms of what they cost are also more than welcome.

100 percent.

My collection spans from the low hundreds upwards.

The “cheaper” watches enjoy just as much and often more wrist time than more expensive pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I have no such inhibitions.

508534.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This is what you guys cost me, in the last year

vytB9lski49FcYi62zVHBIwLCXe2NMsKI9y25uQ6Mh4

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Turn the Tissot and the Alpinist the right way up you monster.

funkyouup wrote: »
    Turn the Tissot and the Alpinist the right way up you monster.

Yeah but then the Swatch and Citizen would be the wrong way up. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

You're disrespecting the unwritten rule about the number of watches you can own.
    The rule is n+1 where n equals the number of watches your watch case will hold. (although you can always get around this rule simply by buying a bigger watch case :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

pjdarcy wrote: »
    You're disrespecting the unwritten rule about the number of watches you can own.
    The rule is n+1 where n equals the number of watches your watch case will hold. (although you can always get around this rule simply by buying a bigger watch case :D)

And you're forgetting the 2nd part of that rule... no. of watches = x-1, where x equals the number of watches you have which causes your significant other to divorce you :pac:

I am breaking out in a sweat at the fact that some of the watches are in the wrong orientation also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thirdfox wrote: »
    And you're forgetting the 2nd part of that rule... no. of watches = x-1, where x equals the number of watches you have which causes your significant other to divorce you :pac:

That's the one I work to ;)
    I'm on a strict 1 in - 1 out policy these days :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes I'm waiting for Lidl to do a bigger watchcase. :-)

aidankkk wrote: »
    This is what you guys cost me, in the last year

vytB9lski49FcYi62zVHBIwLCXe2NMsKI9y25uQ6Mh4

Looks like amazon photo link doesnt work

508541.jpg

893bet wrote: »
    I am pretty busy but will try root it down from the attic.

Will try slot it in between my lying on the couch time and staring out the window time that I have slotted into calendar later.

Thanks can’t wait to see. I’ll hopefully be able to view later between the cleaning the oven time and spraying the weeds time. Feckin wife, but I got the ok to purchase a watch later on in the year for being a good boy woo hoo!!! I’m perilously close to x-1 as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Picked up this odd ball today:
    Ferrari Formula Chronograph by Cartier from the late 80s!
    8VG33m.jpg

The signed movement is actually a Seiko 7A38 analogue quartz chrono:
    QGzJ15.jpg

It is on the original (horrible) strap but does include the original monogrammed deployant clasp too.
    N0La1P.jpg

Not really my bag, style wise, but an unusual combination of design, styling, and technology of its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

That Hamilton Pan Europ is an absolute beauty. Something about the case design really appeals to me.

Cassius99 wrote: »
    That Hamilton Pan Europ is an absolute beauty. Something about the case design really appeals to me.

I got it of one of the lads here , and put a nice Watchgeeko leather strap on it. Easily my fav watch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

IMG_0226.jpg

There's a nice varied selection there

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

I got it of one of the lads here , and put a nice Watchgeeko leather strap on it. Easily my fav watch

I recall that a while ago. I must keep an eye out for one in future. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Glad to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

so this is my current watch collection, took it out of hiding, my wife would dispose of me if she saw these:D:D

508587.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement