Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Probably not, but amazingly I'm as much looking forward to its arrival as I was to the arrival of the baby monster last week. Nuts, I know, but fun all the same. I travel a lot for work and the dual time zone would be very handy. If it keeps any sort of proper time at all I've got a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,887 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm sure it will keep better time than the most expensive Swiss automatic watch any of us owns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

893bet wrote: »
    *googles opulent*

Meh. Not very compared to the watch price. It’s is a very nice rubber strap but no better than high end omega or high end non OEM ones.

I think you can buy the strap for 200-300 brand new.

Strap is cheap as you cut it to size unique to you hand.

It's a perfectly cromulent strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've been "working from home" today, and managing to squeeze time in to take the bracelet off my Oyster Perpetual. The question then is what do you replace it with? I found a nice leather Nato I had and so after a bit of a polish, here we are. I think the combination of a watch that costs more than my car on a strap that costs the same as an average bottle of wine works quite well.

As I have greater need for new windows in my house than I have for two nice watches, I'll be putting my Speedmaster 3570 (2014) on the market in a couple of weeks if anyone here is interested. I bought it here and obviously would prefer to do business with fellow watch boardsies. It comes with an aftermarket glass casebook as well as the standard steel one. More on that anon...

IMG_0029_zpsl3vwghjt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

It never ceases to amaze me how a change of strap transforms a watch. Love the orange, but it's probably an aquired taste:

20190215-222318.jpgjpg host

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

2ly6h6p.jpg

Hadn't realised how much it needed a clean till I saw the photo:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Wearing this the last week or so. This is a G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400DCJ-1JF

f4eowo.jpg

ojdwk7.jpg

This version was released in 2016. Its part of the Desert Camouflage series.
    It’s a big boy measuring in at 55.2 x 53.5 x 18.2mm but is quite light at 93g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Must be something wrong with the photo there Mitch.. I cant see the strap :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Homer wrote: »
    Must be something wrong with the photo there Mitch.. I cant see the strap :D

And why would you get "Carbon Fiber" tattooed on your arm? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Camo jokes never get old :)

Definetely buying 1 or 2 more of these.

473478.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

2naqiqt.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭furiousox

My one and only "good" watch.
    I ogled it in Weirs window for years as a younger man and saved up and bought this one about 18 years ago.
    I don't wear it to work, and sometimes forget to put it on in the evenings but it does get worn every weekend.
    Sometimes I think I should just sell it on, but I think I would very much regret it afterwards.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

funkyouup wrote: »

Have the 'Steve Zissou' but need a new strap as the one that came with it rips the arm hairs off me. Anyone have suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Oh darn..

3304ie1.jpg

Should have it next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

"Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying should" really be renamed to "oops I bought it again".

473499.jpg

473500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

"Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying should" really be renamed to "oops I bought it again".

Ooh that Seiko is nice. It's a recraft model isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Ooh that Seiko is nice. It's a recraft model isn't it?

It is. From amazon.co.uk. I can see I'm going to have to polish it already!

• Advertisement

funkyouup wrote: »

I really need to get another vostok tank

Had to make sure its definitely real lads:pac:

473597.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Have this on my holidays.

473623.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Loving this. Fits the wrist extremely well.

473629.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,887 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any link to where one could get that strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

unkel wrote: »
    Any link to where one could get that strap?

Haven't a clue unfortunately as this is how the watch was bought, have had a look to see if I can find another OEM but the only place seems to be fleabay and I'm not sure I'd 100% trust them.

(although Watchfinder.co.uk do have an ebay account where they sell old straps that they've taken in and replaced so i'd keep an eye out there if you don't mind going for something used)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Loving this. Fits the wrist extremely well.

Superb, I have been eyeing one of these on bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

furiousox wrote: »
    My one and only "good" watch.
    I ogled it in Weirs window for years as a younger man and saved up and bought this one about 18 years ago.
    I don't wear it to work, and sometimes forget to put it on in the evenings but it does get worn every weekend.
    Sometimes I think I should just sell it on, but I think I would very much regret it afterwards.

There's no doubt you would regret it, sounds like it owes you nothing after the pleasure it's given you to date, and replacing it would be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Strela 3133 today, a re-issue / homage to the original Soviet watches used for 'space stuff'.

473763.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@Daemonic That is gorgeous.

What case size is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement