Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough with an odd size like 19mm, I prefer to slightly under strap it and go for 18mm. Maybe because down the years looking at vintage military issued watches on their original straps/bonklip bracelets they tended to under size them.

Yeah, I had the same thought after I fitted it. If I was ordering another I would go with the 18mm I reckon. But at the same time it's not terribly noticeable when you're wearing it, and it does hold the watch body in place well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,030 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough with an odd size like 19mm, I prefer to slightly under strap it and go for 18mm. Maybe because down the years looking at vintage military issued watches on their original straps/bonklip bracelets they tended to under size them.

You are the real James Bond, Sir :D

bond-goldfinger-strap-small.jpg

6538 in "Goldfinger"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

472209.jpg

Just arrived today courtesy of Kintarō Hattori.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

20190204-153122.jpg

Bought today to replace Seiko Solar Chronograph SSB313P1.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

My everyday watch. Casio edifice ECB-500D-1AER

94531..png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Time to give my ancient big bruiser Omega (Seamaster Chrono Diver I think) a run. The sub dial hands have faded but the watch is running fine, I might get them replaced/painted when service is required.

472211.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

My 21 year old "Gshock Raysman" DW-9300J.
    The first solar powered Gshock.
    Still being powered by the sun :)

472371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

Try this photo

472372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Don’t worry wibbs will be along to save the day

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Hi everyone I'm new to this part of the forum. I was active on wus for a few years and then migrated over to intlwatchleague with the mwc guys.

My collection is currently around 20 watches and I am going to start back into a rotation to wear them all.

I'll post a picture of each different watch as I wear them so hopefully this will motivate me to keep on rotating.

Today's watch is my Gruppo Gamma Bronze Vanguard, I have it about 3 years and its been my favourite the whole time.

28225ax.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Time to give my ancient big bruiser Omega (Seamaster Chrono Diver I think) a run. The sub dial hands have faded but the watch is running fine, I might get them replaced/painted when service is required.

SNIP no quoted pics.

Wow. I was just reading a comparison between this and the Explorer II to see which one I prefer and your one pops up in the forum.

Its a peach. Wear well :cool:

Evening change to one of my zakaz komandarskis

30kad53.jpg

Bit of a size difference to the vanguard

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hiya B, merged your pics into this thread. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Saw this one on watchuseek earlier in the week and I thought sure why not. Nice grab and go white dial quartz diver, apparently 8-10 year battery life. Straight on the wrist and off to the beach :D

Momentum M50

Ei6Hsmi.jpg

6dM4Onx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,030 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That arm of yours used to be white as milk when you still lived over here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

M50....in memory of our lovely highway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭micks_address

mad m wrote: »
    M50....in memory of our lovely highway
    Well if it is good luck.. will run very slow... You'll be loosing minutes every day

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Well if it is good luck.. will run very slow... You'll be loosing minutes every day

Hours a day, and between 8-10 and 4-6 it will completely stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

That Parnis is beautiful, what's the model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

472512.jpg

It's grown on me from my initial not liking it at all. The issue that I had the other day hasn't occurred again for whatever reason.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've been tempted to pick up an Invicta automatic diver to modify it... I might have a look for a used one and go from there!

VW 1 wrote: »
    That Parnis is beautiful, what's the model number?

Thanks, I'm not sure of the model number I got it second hand a few years ago

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rocking this today.

472560.JPG

Old school French LIP (in house)quartz from 74. It would originally have sported a "suede" brown strap. Tres Chic in the 70's, :D but now has a Portuguese cork strap I got for another watch but it looked pure gank on that so sits much better on this. Big old thing, 40mm and around 10mm thick. The early quartz movements were large, so many cases are that lugless design to accommodate them. Which is very 1970's anyway. Most early quartz have a loud tick, these don't funny enough. Barely audible.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Blanchy90 wrote: »

Very weird sentence, but here goes: That's a nice Parnis.

Is it a homage?

Cienciano wrote: »

Is it a homage?

Haha thanks I believe its a homage to an IWC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cienciano wrote: »

Is it a homage?

Not a direct one but mimicking the iwc spitfire with ardoise dial

Citizen eco drive today, I got an amazing deal on this last year thanks to bargain alerts on here

35nc37m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

My colleague in work got this as a present to himself. Kindly let me try it on.

472633.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement