Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I love the pizza from four seasons at the groody centre! :D

Im more of a kebab corner fan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I love the pizza from four seasons at the groody centre! :D

My guilty dinner for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

This saturday night i will have to get a take away meal from somewhere on the castletroy side of things.

Any opinions on where to try/where to avoid? Open to decent chinese (no msg...), indian,pizza but not fish/chips/burgers.

Looking for good quality, non salty crap! Happy to pay a bit more for it!

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Copper and spice in annacotty would be the best without a doubt. You'll pay a bit extra but there's nothing else to compare. I assume generic Chinese isn't your thing from the msg bit in your post. Town is where it's at now for takeaway though what with the four top notch places opening in the past year or so.

Copper and spice in annacotty would be the best without a doubt. You'll pay a bit extra but there's nothing else to compare. I assume generic Chinese isn't your thing from the msg bit in your post. Town is where it's at now for takeaway though what with the four top notch places opening in the past year or so.

Thanks for the reply. Town is the place for take away but ill be staying out that side of things and in need of a decent meal to take away.Generic chinese makes me feel queasy just thinking about it!

I havent got anything from Copper and Spice in years but for some reason i recall it being a tad salty....or is that just my inaccurate memory? (or even inaccurate taste buds!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Chungs beside the castle troy park are gms free. Got a takeaway there lately and I thought it wasn't great and very pricey at that.
    La cuicina is there for Italian. Never found the pastas to be great from there as a takeaway but pizza's are top notch tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

What do you reckon is the nicest non-pizza takeaway in Limerick that does delivery?

Not a fan of pizza at all... Turkuaz is pretty good. What's Pagoda in Castletroy like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Fireball07 wrote: »
    What do you reckon is the nicest non-pizza takeaway in Limerick that does delivery?

Poppadoms, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

What is the best Chip Shop on the Northside?

Young lad is fond of battered sausage and chips, don't fancy going to Parnell St then head for Shannon. But if I have to, I will.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

mrsoundie wrote: »
    What is the best Chip Shop on the Northside?

Young lad is fond of battered sausage and chips, don't fancy going to Parnell St then head for Shannon. But if I have to, I will.

Any ideas?

Freda's in Watchhouse Cross / Ballynanty. There's a few down in Thomondgate but I don't rate them.

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    Freda's in Watchhouse Cross / Ballynanty. There's a few down in Thomondgate but I don't rate them.

I'll give it a belt tomorrow and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone here used "munchies food taxi" saw it on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Was in Hook & Ladder this afternoon for lunch, had never been in there before.

Place was absolutely mobbed, really really busy. It's quite big too. Maybe it's a bit posh for someone like me :pac: food was pretty nice... although it is a bit on the expensive side.

Staff were very friendly, I'll give them that.

I'd go back, because the food was nice but I'm not sure if it'd be a regular thing.

Visited Fredas today and we both had the battered sausage meal deals, lovely, very tasty, will return. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Fireball07 wrote: »

Not a fan of pizza at all... Turkuaz is pretty good. What's Pagoda in Castletroy like?

You can't really fault it. Service is quick and food is nice. It's not going to knock your socks off, but it's a nice reasonably priced place.

Their black bean sauce, however, is pretty amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What's up with the wokking in town? Their new menu sucks. At least the one out in caherdavin still has the old food. Savoury soy sauce yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

shaka wrote: »
    Mogul for Indian in Limerick

Went into Spice of India on O Connell St, lovely meal . May be rethinking my Indian no1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

What's up with the wokking in town? Their new menu sucks. At least the one out in caherdavin still has the old food. Savoury soy sauce yum yum.

ya, have to agree. Not sure what they are at but food is gone to crap altogether in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What happened to Mogul's number. Tried giving them a call but got a "this number is discontinued"

Any word on the new Amber place down by The Locke or any further opinions on the new Japanese place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Parchment wrote: »
    Any word on the new Amber place down by The Locke or any further opinions on the new Japanese place?

Call me a snob but the new Japanese place lost any chance of my custom when they changed to Japanese AND Chinese. Stupid move IMO

Call me a snob but the new Japanese place lost any chance of my custom when they changed to Japanese AND Chinese. Stupid move IMO

I saw that too - also JUSTEAT.IE all over the windows doesnt really inspire confidence in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I saw that too - also JUSTEAT.IE all over the windows doesnt really inspire confidence in me.

Their location is hardly going to get many walk ins. Would think somewhere like that would be heavily dependent on take away /delivery to make ends meet regardless of the type of food. Havent been there though so no idea what the food is like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I went to Amber a couple of months ago - it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Had a lunch in Greens, William St. yesterday. Their chicken curry consisted of roast breast of chicken in one of the best curry sauces I've tasted in ages.

Surprisingly delicious meal.....I'll be going back for more soon.

Decor is a bit quaint to say the least but food was very tasty and piping hot - exactly as I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭moby2101

Had dinner in Hamptons last night, we hadn't been for a few months.. one or two changes to the menu but it's still a really great steak joint.. and there's now a cheese plate on the dessert menu...great night, great service and the Savoy Bar is a really great night out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Was in Jasmine Palace this week-had to go for a friends birthday. It was disgusting. Went for the general tso's salad. Was expecting a lovely wholesome salad my mouth was watering for it... What came out was a plate with some rocket, hot brocolli and a pile of general tso's sticky, gloopy chicken... Service was awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

We have our christmas party there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

gg2 wrote: »
    Was in Jasmine Palace this week-had to go for a friends birthday. It was disgusting. Went for the general tso's salad. Was expecting a lovely wholesome salad my mouth was watering for it... What came out was a plate with some rocket, hot brocolli and a pile of general tso's sticky, gloopy chicken... Service was awful...

I was there recently too for the buffet. I was always a massive fan of their buffet so I was delighted it was brought back.

It was horrible though :( Most of the dishes weren't replenished, a lot of my favourite dishes from last time weren't there and there was stacks of plates on our table and the one beside us. They're normally A1 with service, I wonder is there a change in management?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

Was there recently and I'd give it a thumbs up. I had a duck & noodles dish for my main course and the noodles were gorgeous, a meal on their own.

Meal for two- starters, mains, deserts followed by tea/coffee with a bottle of wine cost us €75

Advertisement