Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take away in Waterford

Options
  • 07-03-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I would like to hear suggestions to where I can get some nice take away in Waterford.:confused:

I've tried "Italos" and it was OK...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The whole county?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume this is for the city.. ill move it back if not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lollypop41

travellers wrote: »
    I would like to hear suggestions to where I can get some nice take away in Waterford.:confused:

I've tried "Italos" and it was OK...
    tasty bites in kilcohan is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Italos on the Dunmore Road are great, if you can stand the 20+ minute wait.

deise59 wrote: »
    Stalos on the Dunmore Road are great, if you can stand the 20+ minute wait.
    i think you mean italos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cleaboy chipper is the best by far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

lollypop41 wrote: »
    i think you mean italos

Ah that make sense I guess. Always looked like an S to me though.

its just fancy writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kar!

If your lookiing for some proper homemade chips there is one out in tramore at the ewnd of the prom...can be busy but their chips and burgers are just so tasty! Also ballybricken does some noce chips too! But def tramore!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Doolys? Didnt know they were homemade. The other chipper on the prom is Massinos(sp) where Beach Grill was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Emerald Isle on the Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

tonys in tramore,great grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Emerald Isle on the Quay

+1.

Also, can't go wrong with a chicken meat & chips from the Istanbul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Kar! wrote: »
    If your lookiing for some proper homemade chips there is one out in tramore at the ewnd of the prom...can be busy but their chips and burgers are just so tasty! Also ballybricken does some noce chips too! But def tramore!

yeah if your willing to pay about a tenner for about 10 chips on a tray,chippers in tramore are a rob in my opinion,even the burgers ya get are half the size of anywhere else and twice the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Johnny Walkers on the Mayor's Walk

The Marian take away is lovely too!

anplaya wrote: »
    yeah if your willing to pay about a tenner for about 10 chips on a tray,chippers in tramore are a rob in my opinion,even the burgers ya get are half the size of anywhere else and twice the price

There are only a few that give a small amount of chips but both Tonys and Massinos give a big bag of chips. Their sausages are pretty long and the burgers are also decent. My favourite chipper in Tramore.

My favourite in Waterford at the moment would be the one "Clayboy Takeway" (cant recall the exact name).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 travellers

deise59 wrote: »
    Italos on the Dunmore Road are great, if you can stand the 20+ minute wait.

Your're right it isn't the fastest of places but if the food is good I'd rather wait than get some fast crap...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 travellers

Sully wrote: »
    There are only a few that give a small amount of chips but both Tonys and Massinos give a big bag of chips. Their sausages are pretty long and the burgers are also decent. My favourite chipper in Tramore.

My favourite in Waterford at the moment would be the one "Clayboy Takeway" (cant recall the exact name).

Never tried that one in Clayboy... what's good there?

travellers wrote: »
    Never tried that one in Clayboy... what's good there?

Iv only ever had chips and chicken in there, which was very nice on the occasions I had it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

You cant beat the Marian IMHO,

Lovely Chicken Burger/Taco Chips + Angelo who runs it is a top bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Emerald Isle on the Quay

without a shadow of a doubt!!

best grub in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ziedth wrote: »
    You cant beat the Marian IMHO,

Lovely Chicken Burger/Taco Chips + Angelo who runs it is a top bloke.
    +10000 for the Marian
    Basically followed Angelo from Kilcohan to ballybriken to the Marian. Always great!
    And they do tasty fish boxes, om nom nom nom nom:pac:

for the price youd be payin for em youd want to get a big bag of chips,all the places in tramore still charge tourist prices even when theres no tourists there,tis a rob,majority of chippers in wford way nicer and better value

for the price youd be payin for em youd want to get a big bag of chips,all the places in tramore still charge tourist prices even when theres no tourists there,tis a rob,majority of chippers in wford way nicer and better value

The prices dont change. The tourism charge has been suggested only for local supermarkets, which hasnt been proven either.

You get the same size bag of chips in Tramore from at least two of the chippers then you do in most of the chippers in town, for similar prices.

The prices dont change. The tourism charge has been suggested only for local supermarkets, which hasnt been proven either.

You get the same size bag of chips in Tramore from at least two of the chippers thenof the chippers in town, for similar prices.

so its tourist prices all year around then so eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

You're arguing over chips. CHIPS! Who gives a fcuk if one bag in Tramore is 50c more than another in town. Honestly, who gives a fcuk? It just does not matter.

You're arguing over chips. CHIPS! Who gives a fcuk if one bag in Tramore is 50c more than another in town. Honestly, who gives a fcuk? It just does not matter.

just stating my opinion that chippers in tramore are expensive for what you get.sully was giving his opinion back as im guessing he lives in tramore. seems like ya give a fcuk by havin a rant:pac: lol tryin to live up to your name eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Why comment on it if you don't give a fcuk. Leave people who are interested in the topic discuss it and go read something else. Chill out:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just because the chips dont like you doesnt mean they dont love the rest of us:cool:

• Advertisement

so its tourist prices all year around then so eh?

The prices are pretty much the same as the prices in Waterford. Two of Tramores chippers rarely change their prices - its all printed onto their sign and it would be a noticeable change. There is no such thing, in these chippers that I speak of, as "tourist prices". Nonsense. You get a very good quantity - the exact same as in most of the chippers in town (if not more in some).

Anyway, we have gone far to much of topic with this stupid debate about prices and quantity of chips compared between Tramore and Waterford. So lets stick to the topic on comments about City take-aways.

Advertisement