Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take away in Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

seanybiker wrote: »
    cleaboy chipper is the best by far

Yes. You are correct. Lovely chips. Lovely long battered sausages (doesn't it make you feel dirty just reading that :p). The chicken is absolutely gorgeous there too. And the curry.

I'd usually go for the snack box there and you they really pack it full of chips. They don't actually close the lid on the box. Just pack it full and shove it in a bag.

The staff are nice and friendly there too. Only thing is it can be really busy at certain times (Friday at 6pm or whatever). But I suppose that's because it's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Big fan of the chicken tenders in Tony's there beside the forum but avoid it at all costs if the bingo's just let out cos the queue's are mental.

Dellicata's in Ferrybank used to be the nicest chipper ever before it changed hands and they changed the chips :(

Same way Cunningham's used to be nice before the changeover.

Never been a big fan of Jonnie Walker's and the one time I ate in the Marian I got cheese that was gone off and that has really put me off it... Have heard great things about it though since!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Déise Delights by a long shot! Never met a nicer crowd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Déise Delights by a long shot! Never met a nicer crowd :)

yeah i'd agree, nice kebabs in there too. although istanbul is still the benchmark all other kebabs will be judged by

my god have you tried the burger wraps yet??? Do it they're bloody looovely there! (Déise Delights I mean).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

burger wraps?? please explain

the explanation shall be in the tasting my friend!

But it's literally a wrap with a burger, cheese, onion and sauce (of course they'll put whatever toppings you like on it and sauce) and my god it's whopper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭owenmakken

Lombard St. Taco chips - end of discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

seanybiker wrote: »
    cleaboy chipper is the best by far

I haven't been there in ages... They did the best chicken fillet burger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Greasy Larrys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

trishw78 wrote: »
    Greasy Larrys

well the new owners are better than when it was greasy larry's but in the intervening period twas the best chipper going

I keep hearing about this cleaboy chicken fillet burger (all good things) and I'm tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I keep hearing about this cleaboy chicken fillet burger (all good things) and I'm tempted!

It's basically a whole real fillet of chicken in breadcrumbs (not the fake stuff you get from McDonalds) on a bun with salad and mayo. You need a big mouth to take a bite out of it! Quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

Where is the Marian chipper?

my fave is johnnie walkers...love their fish and chips. Cleaboy curry chips are pretty special too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

speedy2007 wrote: »
    Where is the Marian chipper?

It's down at the bottom of the yellow road, right by the traffic lights. The shop that used to be there was also called The Marian. I think the Italian fella who ownd Ballybricken bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

treasure island in johns park, good value

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

dragon inn in waterford is the best by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

theyre chinese not chippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

anplaya wrote: »
    theyre chinese not chippers

whats your point?

maybe you should read the thread title again?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kryogen wrote: »
    whats your point?

maybe you should read the thread title again?

just theyre chinese not chippers ,seems hes the first to mention them in this thread .nice sarcasm btw .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

anplaya wrote: »
    just theyre chinese not chippers ,seems hes the first to mention them in this thread .nice sarcasm btw .

he is the first to mention them i think but i was just pointing out that the thread is open to all take aways!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 travellers

kryogen wrote: »

he is the first to mention them i think but i was just pointing out that the thread is open to all take aways!

Exactly. The point is to have a thread of nice places were we can get take away.

Chipper/Chinese/Indian/Italian/Thai/...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ShaneM100

anyone know what happened to deise delights ? liked their kebabs , went there a few days ago and it was shut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ShaneM100 wrote: »
    anyone know what happened to deise delights ? liked their kebabs , went there a few days ago and it was shut
    jaysus didnt hear anything. Nice food. Bit pricy though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I thought i was losing it there when looking for the poll, wrong thread this one is nearly 2 years old.

Advertisement