Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Define what the word 'Scumbag' means to you.

Options
  • 05-03-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I've seen an awful lot of posts containing this word and I wondered what image people have when they use the word scumbag.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 free_the_paedos

Someone inferior and uncivilised of lower income.

It is perfectly acceptable to treat these people in an uncivilised manner. In fact behaviour normally associated with "scumbags" is perfectly acceptable when performed against those of lower income. If you beat up a "scumbag" you will be applauded by us middle class folk.]

You don't need logic when you've got the majority!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Someone who robs, assaults, threatens, terrorises vulnerable people, makes their community a miserable place to live, doesn't give a sh1t about anyone and goes out of their way to prove it - e.g. keeping people awake until the wee hours by joyriding stolen cars around the neighbourhood, setting fire to people's pets, making their neighbourhoods no-go areas for outsiders.
    Someone who won't bother looking for a job, who spends their dole on booze, who reproduces habitually and creates yet another miserable life for their offspring.

And it's not an anti-poor person phrase. The majority of scumbags do seem to come from poor areas but that's immaterial. Doesn't mean most poor people are scumbags. And some people from "respectable" areas can be scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It is perfectly acceptable to treat these people in an uncivilised manner. In fact behaviour normally associated with "scumbags" is perfectly acceptable when performed against those of lower income. If you beat up a "scumbag" you will be applauded by us middle class folk.]

Jesus. Is this the sort of person TCD is producing at the moment?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pete doherty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

Anyone who doesn't think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Watch part 1 and 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jackncoke wrote: »
    Watch part 1 and 2 :D

Or even better have a look for "The Grasser" part 1 & 2. Scene: Standing on the beach in ballybunion, the main "gangster" pulls out his phone and tells some fella he's "in Jamaica" before the caption "somewhere in Jamaica" comes on screen. I almost choked to death with laughter when I originally watched it :D

Scumbags though are those ****ing young fellas who just don't know when they should shut their mouth and stop being a nuisance. You know them to see them, the gangs of them that usually stand around bus stops acting like muppets, throwing plastic bottles at cars and people and just being a nuisance. Those are the real "scumbags" imo, the real annoying bastards you just want to take up to the woods for a serious chat with a golf club. A scumbag is not someone in a tracksuit pants and nike t-shirt, thats just a particular taste in fashion not a cultural symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Terry wrote: »

What's TCD?
    Anyone who doesn't think

Less intelligent people are scumbags? hmm...

Wiktionary says the following:

A sleazy, disreputable or despicable person; A used condom.

A used condom, hehe... Brilliant.

I guess a scumbag to me would be the following:

Junkies, rapists, paedophiles, those who beat up old people, racists, pimps, scammers, drug dealers and most criminals. Not all of course...

I think the word is used way too loosely, anybody and everybody is a scumbag these days. I bought 4 cans of beer with my dole money, I must be a scumbag, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

What's TCD?

Less intelligent people are scumbags? hmm...

I bought 4 cans of beer with my dole money, I must be a scumbag, right?

Correct, impecunious indigent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Anyone who works in the banking sector. Or finance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Terry wrote: »

I wonder which paedos he wants free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Highsider wrote: »
    Anyone who works in the banking sector. Or finance

Ironing off: Huge brushstrokes of 'scumbag' is very subjective bartalk. And probably disenfranchises all concerned.

Hate less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

People that have going out pyjamas ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Dudess's description is spot-on, also, somebody whos idea of fun is plastering homes of good people with eggs on halloween.
    Another point, many of these scumbags drive around illegally on learner permits or even no type of license at all! I know SOME people need to drive when they don't neccesarily have license but in this case the people (if you can call them that) (a) have no need to be driving around town to particular destination all day and (b) do not have a clue how to drive and are a hazard to normal people. I cannot understand how tha gardaí cannot control this, in my area anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what dudess said and people who wear pyjamas out on the street, the so-called pyjama zombies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dudess wrote: »
    Someone who robs, assaults, threatens, terrorises vulnerable people, makes their community a miserable place to live, doesn't give a sh1t about anyone and goes out of their way to prove it - e.g. keeping people awake until the wee hours by joyriding stolen cars around the neighbourhood, setting fire to people's pets, making their neighbourhoods no-go areas for outsiders.
    Someone who won't bother looking for a job, who spends their dole on booze, who reproduces habitually and creates yet another miserable life for their offspring.

And it's not an anti-poor person phrase. The majority of scumbags do seem to come from poor areas but that's immaterial. Doesn't mean most poor people are scumbags. And some people from "respectable" areas can be scumbags.

Summed up nicely Dudess. You did all the work for me :D

Id like to add pyjamas, fake uggs, creole (sp?) earrings... annnd the way they deliberately make them make demmm selves as commmin as deee posbleee cannn.

/listerine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

To me there are two types of scumbag, there's the Knacker scumbag, who contribute nothing to society and are inbred morons who are too aggresive and violent to communicate with.

And then there is your common low life scum of the earth, who also contributes nothing to society and come in various forms such as Junkie, Gangster, Rapist, Racist, Murderer, Child Molestor, Your local nutbag as well as your local scumbag, drug dealer and many others which I won't say at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Great quote by Dara O Briain back in the days when The Panel was anyway good...
    When people say knacker, they dont mean a traveler... they mean scumbag in a tracksuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

to me, a scumbag is someone that has spent many years on the dole, scratching their holes, sitting around all day long drinking, smoking and watching TV, the person that has nothing wrong with them and simply does not want to work! SCUMBAGS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

FF politicians over the last 30 years tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Can't we compromise? How about "The Swan and Paedo"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Correct, impecunious indigent.

Who said I was living in poverty? Who said I was without money?

I can afford a few beers... surely I am able to have a few beers...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I thought we all used "scumbag" instead of "handicapped"....aren't they the ones with crooked teeth,ill fitting baseball caps, chains that are not gold, smoke bumming, bum fluff sporting acne ridden father of three no job nothing to do no reason for getting up Jeremy Kyle endorsing lifestyle sports inhabiting dude I buy my drugs from??

They are spastics though aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

kerry katona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

longshanks wrote: »
    kerry katona

Brian?!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

True scum always travel in packs to intimidate decent people. A good place to find the scum of the earth is on certain bus routes in the city. The scum are normally found on the upper deck of the bus, seated at the rear, blaring tuneless dance music through the loadspeakers on their phones.

True scum can be easily identified by their tastes in music. Whether it be a scooter or aslan concert, you will be guaranteed to encounter many scumbags if you attend.

True scum drive little cars that make a lot of noise. 1995 Nissan Micra / Toyota Starlet fitted with blacked out windows and a microphone on the exhaust.

True scum have bad Lego-Man haircuts and whispy failed attempts at moustache cultivation. The scum also decorate themselves in fake gold chains, stolen fake watches and jewellery.

True scum know they are constantly walking a tightrope and will one day pay the price, when I bring them to justice.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

you're lonely, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Someone that would "batter ya" with their mates but would lay some major cable if their mates weren't with them.

Good example would be, me and friends sitting down outside and talking,
    cue group of t@'s, who wait to walk past us and when at a distance
    proceed to throw bottles and rocks at us,
    cue insane female friend with stature of roughly 5"3 and less than 8 stone, who charges after them through a hail of rocks

True character of SCUMBAGS revealed as the run as quickly as the can from a small girl on her own

Oh also x = y where x is FATCATS and y is SCUMBAGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

A person of ill repute descendent from a tiny gene pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

a condom.

Advertisement