Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of FIFA quitters

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think I've played about 10 games online with Fifa 09 and have always lost...due to me picking Newcastle of course. I'd still never quit despite being beaten 10-0 by Chelsea/ManU fans.
    Was playing a game on ultimate last night...very evenly matched teams...he goes 1 up within 10 mins. Does his celebration..watches the replays etc.
    However about 40 mins I score 2 goals right away..one a crack of a volley from Reo Croker. And what does the guy do? He fcukin quits.
    The first game I'm winning on Fifa 09 and the prick quits on me...I was nearly crying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I was nearly crying :mad:

*Hugs* I had the same thing happen to me again yesterday. 5-1 up I was, couldnt belive it, 90th minute he quit!! :mad: I just sat there blank looking at the message, wondering why, why me!! Will I send him a message? Whats the point!
    Then I took a 3-0 beating to some lad. After that I actually won a game. 4-0!! i couldnt belive it. I felt kike sending the chap a message to say thank you for NOT quitting.

I had a few games recently were people didn't quit after me going 2/3 nil up.
    After the games I sent a message saying good game thanks for not quiting.
    They were sound chaps and i added them as friends, its always good to know who the non quiters are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Played 7 games last night on Ultimate team. 6 people quit.

I was playing a chap the other night in ultimate team in one of those online tournament things. I went 4-2 up in the final in the 84th minute and he quit out. Usually I don't care because I still get the coins and all but I didn't get the trophy for the collection so I had to start the whole tournament again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

dancor wrote: »
    *Hugs* I had the same thing happen to me again yesterday. 5-1 up I was, couldnt belive it, 90th minute he quit!! :mad: I just sat there blank looking at the message, wondering why, why me!! Will I send him a message? Whats the point!
    Then I took a 3-0 beating to some lad. After that I actually won a game. 4-0!! i couldnt belive it. I felt kike sending the chap a message to say thank you for NOT quitting.

I often send messages of thanks to people for not quitting and have got friend requests for it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Played 7 games last night on Ultimate team. 6 people quit.

Really? I was led to believe quitting isn't a big issue on Ultimate Team as they don't get their coins, obviously my friend has just been lucky then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I personally think that if one person quits then the game should be played out with the person still on line and set to semi-pro level. For this then the game still counts and it would stop quitters. I mean why the fcuk would you play and only finish if you win. Anyway it just my 2c. I've got a DNF of 14% but havent 'quit' any games. Damn connection issues. Have played a few times and for a while it only ever dropped connection when I was winning which was really a pain in the a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

weldon855 wrote: »
    i dont even win many games but wen i occasionally do go a few ahead people quit .its sickening . takes the fun out of the game.
    i also hate the corners thing .
    the shooting from tip off,
    and celebrations and replays .
    i seen it go in the first time ....get on with it.

whats the "corners thing"?
    and whats wrong with shooting from tip-off?

I agree with you on celebrations on replays though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Saw something on a forum for a different game - Name and Shame!

Might as well name the quitters so people can avoid them and also highlight people with bad sportsmanship (although please say why - some may have different opinions). Also, people who play fair and stay to the end should also be noted. Not sure if it will work / is feasible but worth a go...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I dont mind the celebrations as long as it isnt the robot. Takes so fecking long. Just had about 3 quitters there in the space of 10 mins because i went 2-0 up before HT..anyone wanna add me so i can play people who wont ****ing quit.

Gamertag soby000
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

JokerD wrote: »
    Really? I was led to believe quitting isn't a big issue on Ultimate Team as they don't get their coins, obviously my friend has just been lucky then.

I wish I was lying. Its ridiculous. I have only finished 5 games out of the last 15 or so.

If you go 2-0 up, more often than not the person quits. If you score in the first couple of mins, the person quits.

Its way worse than I've ever seen it before. Had to resort to playing some offline games.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Saw something on a forum for a different game - Name and Shame!

Might as well name the quitters so people can avoid them and also highlight people with bad sportsmanship (although please say why - some may have different opinions). Also, people who play fair and stay to the end should also be noted. Not sure if it will work / is feasible but worth a go...

There are thousand's upon thousand's of players online, how would anyone remember there names?. Also accounts can be changed easily!.

That would be hard enough to monitor over players on this forum alone never mind world wide!!

Advertisement