Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of FIFA quitters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm starting to get annoyed by this now as well, twice last night people quit out on me just after the final whistle went in ranked matches, and neither of the wins were registered :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I've often lost matches by 8 goals or more but have never quit, you learn from your mistakes & it makes you better. Its really annoying. Also when people roar down the headset at you when you are playing is very annoying (especially as my headset is broken & I can't tell them to shut up), I know you can mute them but sometimes you can still hear them. Still though only a few minor flaws in an otherwise top class online game.
    Dunnie1982.png dunnie1982.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I played 7 games yesterday. I lost 2 and the rest quit on me :mad: I was having a good day yesterday, Going ahead and looking certain to win then they just quit! Not one win on my record from yesterday when there could have been 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

dancor wrote: »
    I played 7 games yesterday. I lost 2 and the rest quit on me :mad: I was having a good day yesterday, Going ahead and looking certain to win then they just quit! Not one win on my record from yesterday when there could have been 5.

That sums up most ranked games for me! Any game I am losing, I play it till the end, and normally have a rematch if it was a close game.

I was beating one guy 5 nil, and he kept playing and then quit in the 90th minute...Sickened I was...

Another guy i had just beat in a close game, quit once the game had ended and it was on the Man of the Match screen, and the game wasnt logged as a win for me...Even more sickened

The last game was the worste for me. I was Brazil and my opponent was Spain. He had a good rep and plenty of points so I thought he wouldnt quit. Somehow I went 2 nil up in the first few mins with 2 crackers from Kaka then the swine just quit. :mad: I will admit now that I have quit before, but only because the game was acting funny and moving very slow. I would always write to them and apologise for that. I have taken a 12 nil beating too and still didnt quit. I feel like giving them a big lecture about why not to quit and dont enter a game if you have no intentions to continue :mad: They should be made reset there console if they leave a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The last game was the worste for me. I was Brazil and my opponent was Spain. He had a good rep and plenty of points so I thought he wouldnt quit. Somehow I went 2 nil up in the first few mins with 2 crackers from Kaka then the swine just quit. :mad: I will admit now that I have quit before, but only because the game was acting funny and moving very slow. I would always write to them and apologise for that. I have taken a 12 nil beating too and still didnt quit. I feel like giving them a big lecture about why not to quit and dont enter a game if you have no intentions to continue :mad: They should be made reset there console if they leave a game.

If he quit at 2-0, then it would have gone down as a 3-0 win to you.

if anyone quits before 3-0 then ,it goes down as that.

if they quit at 5-0, 6-1, 7-0 etc.... it still goes down in the HUB at what they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

if they quit at 5-0, 6-1, 7-0 etc.... it still goes down in the HUB at what they quit.

Nope, out of all the people that quit on me, I never once got the 3-0 win in my stats, and I always wait in the game after they quit for a minute or 2 before exiting. My Stats is nearly all losses, cause I dont quit when losing and nearly every oppenent in ranked matches quits when they go behind.

As above, this is not true. They dont show up as anything. Im sick of even slagging them off for quitting. I just avoid them. 3 games this evening after work, 3 quits on me :mad:

yer talking about fifa 09 yea? ps3?

well, it does work for me anyway. ranked matches yea?
    it shows up in my player hub anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

i just w8 1 or 2 min after the guy has quit on me and then press ok and it gives me a win straight away...it works for me atleast....

• Advertisement

yer talking about fifa 09 yea? ps3?

Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

The latest thing now seems to be get a 1-0 lead and knock the ball around the back for the remainder of the match:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

It can be even worse on clubs. A while back people would quit on us and the match wouldn't even go on our recent games lists, or when you're winning and 1 player gets disconnected so you get a loss, what is up with that? And then there's the losers who start to score own goals when they're losing, winning 5-0 so they decide to do this, final score 15-0, although we weren't complaining:p

Its happening again:mad: there is no point in going in 3-0 up at half time or sometimes even 2-0, any bit of skill at all has people wishing they never turned on the game. I have to say it has ruined FIFA competively this year for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

If someone quits on you just check the gamercard and if it says there "loosing 2-0" or whatever wait a minute and it will eventually say offline or enjoying the arena or something. You will get the win then as everytime ive got the win.

Some people will always quit if there loosing but what can be reeaaaaaaallly irritating is when you play someone and they feel the need to either do a celebration after every goal, watch every highlight or take an age to skip highlights etc.

I never quit in Fifa. Only times I ever quit is when the guy im playing continuously feels the need to do a long celebration or watch every highlight. Celebrations should be taken out of the game entirely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

joe123 wrote: »
    If someone quits on you just check the gamercard and if it says there "loosing 2-0" or whatever wait a minute and it will eventually say offline or enjoying the arena or something. You will get the win then as everytime ive got the win.

Some people will always quit if there loosing but what can be reeaaaaaaallly irritating is when you play someone and they feel the need to either do a celebration after every goal, watch every highlight or take an age to skip highlights etc.

I never quit in Fifa. Only times I ever quit is when the guy im playing continuously feels the need to do a long celebration or watch every highlight. Celebrations should be taken out of the game entirely imo.
    It's not that easy on PS3 though because you can only see their name on the recent players section with no information on what they're doing, also when you see the ''connection with your opponent has been lost'' message your first instinct is to press X and get on with it.

Xbox 360

well it doesnt happen on the ps3. whatever score after 3-0 that they quit at. you get the result.

if they quit at 2-0, it goes down as 3-0 to you.

sd08 wrote: »
    It's not that easy on PS3 though because you can only see their name on the recent players section with no information on what they're doing, also when you see the ''connection with your opponent has been lost'' message your first instinct is to press X and get on with it.

go to players met/ where your friends are, and you will see the last person you played.

JokerD wrote: »
    The latest thing now seems to be get a 1-0 lead and knock the ball around the back for the remainder of the match:mad:

I dont see a problem with this. Its common to keep the ball when you have a lead. Also dont have a problem with people tearing you out of it when your in on goal. They will most likely be sent off for being the last man, they are just defending, again this is just part of the real game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I don't have a problem with taking the last man out either. Online though I really only do it when I'm playing one friend in particular (who ALWAYS does it to me) and we have the headsets on so it usually ends up being a good laugh.

I really can't stand the celebrations and highlight watching though. Was playing a guy today Rangers -v- Spurs (I was Rangers) and was losing 3-0 when his connection dropped. Which I'm sure was annoying for him seeing as he was winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Brimmy wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with taking the last man out either. Online though I really only do it when I'm playing one friend in particular (who ALWAYS does it to me) and we have the headsets on so it usually ends up being a good laugh.

I really can't stand the celebrations and highlight watching though. Was playing a guy today Rangers -v- Spurs (I was Rangers) and was losing 3-0 when his connection dropped. Which I'm sure was annoying for him seeing as he was winning.
    What were ya doing picking Rangers??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Because I like to pick different teams and aren't prejudiced?

I hate Liverpool in real life but play as them sometimes too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

GerCPM wrote: »
    What were ya doing picking Rangers??:mad:

You can't be serious?

What's wrong with picking Rangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

SantryRed wrote: »
    You can't be serious?

What's wrong with picking Rangers?
    Ehhh Duh !! I dont need to explain myself...

I dont see a problem with this. Its common to keep the ball when you have a lead. Also dont have a problem with people tearing you out of it when your in on goal. They will most likely be sent off for being the last man, they are just defending, again this is just part of the real game.

Well my opinion is that the game isn't fun when a man passes to his defender, then you put pressure on so he passes it to the other defender, then to the goalie, then to the defender, then back to the goalie and so on. Also if you don't put pressure on then he starts doing keepy ups. This is what I mean about keeping the ball, it is effectively cheating, you might ask why not quit? answer: I aint going to start a thread about quitters and then do it myself.

JokerD wrote: »
    Well my opinion is that the game isn't fun when a man passes to his defender, then you put pressure on so he passes it to the other defender, then to the goalie, then to the defender, then back to the goalie and so on. Also if you don't put pressure on then he starts doing keepy ups. This is what I mean about keeping the ball, it is effectively cheating, you might ask why not quit? answer: I aint going to start a thread about quitters and then do it myself.

Then you must not like watching a real game of football. Its a simple tactic called keeping possesion. You dont have the ball, you cant score. One thing that pisses me off these days is people picking the same colour ball as your jersey. Ive had it done on me twice this week and see it as cheating. I find it difficult running after a red ball when I have a red jersey. I dont know why. It just messes with the eyes. I happily quit on them too, then send them a message asking why they choose the same colour ball as my jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yep quitters are annoying as hell.

I'd be getting destroyed 8-0 and I wouldn't quit.

Even only like 2 nil down just before half time and most quit... joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

GerCPM wrote: »
    Ehhh Duh !! I dont need to explain myself...

Eh yes you do, go ahead please.

Then you must not like watching a real game of football. Its a simple tactic called keeping possesion. You dont have the ball, you cant score. One thing that pisses me off these days is people picking the same colour ball as your jersey. Ive had it done on me twice this week and see it as cheating. I find it difficult running after a red ball when I have a red jersey. I dont know why. It just messes with the eyes. I happily quit on them too, then send them a message asking why they choose the same colour ball as my jersey.

Ha Ha, so in a real game of football if the opposing teams scores early on then you expect the corner flag treatment and for them to not venture out of their own half for the rest of the game. You don't seem to get what I'm saying, If Ireland score against Italy early tomorrow, then you can expect them to put up a barrier but I don't think Shay Given will be doing keepy ups and playing a private one two session with Richard Dunne for the rest of the match:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 weldon855

i dont even win many games but wen i occasionally do go a few ahead people quit .its sickening . takes the fun out of the game.
    i also hate the corners thing .
    the shooting from tip off,
    and celebrations and replays .
    i seen it go in the first time ....get on with it.

Advertisement