Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of FIFA quitters

Options
  • 04-03-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Why can't many people let their opponent have their victory without crying off just because their losing? I'm winning matches and then their not going on my record just because someone can't take their beating. It gets very annoying when it happens consistent like it has been for me:mad: Does this happen much to all you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Try losing more games and i guarantee it will happen less! ;)

Seriously though. It happens a few times to me alright, really annoying! most people just can't seem to take losing too well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If you're really sick of this, when you're playing someone who you think might quit, let them go ahead in the game and then try your best to beat them! At least your guaranteed they wont quit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    If you're really sick of this, when you're playing someone who you think might quit, let them go ahead in the game and then try your best to beat them! At least your guaranteed they wont quit!!!

This is retarded!!!!!!!! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Once it comes up with the connection lost message, if you leave it a minute or two and then advance it will register a victory for you.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    This is retarded!!!!!!!! lol

Well when you're too good for most of those losers out there it's a challenge for yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Best thing is to play in the Boards leagues that are being set up or if you play a few people that you have good games against, and most importantly don't quit, build a friends list of people to play regularly...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its sickening...I probably win 1 in 5 ranked matches that I play, and i never quit...

Its so annoying if i manage to go ahead, and then the other guy quits...

I just give them negative rep for quitting and sometimes send them a message...

Best thing to do, is as the above posters say is to build up a friends list of Boards players and play them...

Well when you're too good for most of those losers out there it's a challenge for yourself!!

And then when you meet a player who is equal skill level, or just incredibly lucky in that game and you lose the game to a goal that you allowed them to score..... this would be absolutely retarded!!!!

I'd rather have them quit and take the win, than not get a win because I allowed them to score.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    And then when you meet a player who is equal skill level, or just incredibly lucky in that game and you lose the game to a goal that you allowed them to score..... this would be absolutely retarded!!!!

I'd rather have them quit and take the win, than not get a win because I allowed them to score.

I wasn't referring to ranked matches!

Once it comes up with the connection lost message, if you leave it a minute or two and then advance it will register a victory for you.

Every time some one quits on me, I wait for a minute or 2 before pressing A to leave the match, but I have never been given the 3-0 win in my stats...

• Advertisement

lol, so you are either a complete tool for suggesting to concede goals that could cost you matches, or you went off topic and caused confusion like a complete tool (OP was annoyed because wins weren't going on his record).

lol Take your pick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

its happened me the last 2 times now..... i like picking the inform teams so i was beaten some guy who has 23000 points, 5-1 with arsenal and he quits same with a guy 2 seconds l8r. its really frustrating. take ur beating

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I used to send people messages explaining to them how much of an a$$hole they are whenever they quit, but I got pretty tired of doing that when I discovered how often it happens.

EA should sort it out, it can't be that hard to give the win to the person who doesn't quit.

EA's idea of sorting it out, is you can quit within the first 5 mins of the game without getting a DNF increase, but quit after that and your DNF % goes up.

It doesn't and wont stop the quitters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

CKWPORT wrote: »
    EA's idea of sorting it out, is you can quit within the first 5 mins of the game without getting a DNF increase, but quit after that and your DNF % goes up.

It doesn't and wont stop the quitters

Literally retarded, i rarely play ranked games (but do have a phenomenal record as it happens :D) also have a 0%DNF, so im just deadly. Anywho it defies belief it really does, it happens so many times, the last time it happend literally about 4 times in the space of ten minutes, the icing on the cake being me picking france him brazil, i score after 10 mins, and boom, he quits, in an unranked match no less. The mind boggles.

The ONLY thing that Pro evo still has over Fifa, and i mean only, is that its 'harder' to quit from my recollection, ie you have to sign out rather than just quiting in pause menu. They have got to do something for next installment of the game, just crazy.

You can do a manual search as far as i know and cut out saps over a certain % of DNF's. Pain in the hole though.

Has anyone noticed a huge increase in asian players? Do my head in, always always watch every last second of replays.:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

lol...tool..epic fail..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I had a guy who scored OG's after I scored 3 goals.

Guy got so pissed off he decided to kick the ball to his keeper and put it in the back of the net after every OG he scored and done it over and over.

I ended up winning 25-0 :cool:

But the guy kept pausing the game and then would'nt play thats how i scored 3-0. If you're going to go afk from your game then don't play ranked matches at all :mad:

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Literally retarded, i rarely play ranked games (but do have a phenomenal record as it happens :D) also have a 0%DNF, so im just deadly.

A phenomenal record and 0% DNF? Your obviously deadly...and hell, lets be honest, thats pretty impressive for a 10 year old (Sorry, but you left yourself open for that ;) !)
    givyjoe81 wrote: »

The ONLY thing that Pro evo still has over Fifa, and i mean only, is that its 'harder' to quit from my recollection, ie you have to sign out rather than just quiting in pause menu. They have got to do something for next installment of the game, just crazy.

Yeah, its too easy to quit. Get the ball, pause, quit, straight back to another game in less than 5 seconds. At least Pro Evo makes it more difficult. What I'd like to see is, you can't play any game of fifa, online or offline for 15 mins if you quit. Store the event on the HDD somewhere, so that turning off your 360 and turning it back on won't let the time expire.

It would be annoying if you have a dodgy connection, but it would reduce the quitting.

Another suggestion, If you have a DNF% of 20 or higher, once per month, a check would be done on this. If your DNF is higher than 20%, you can't play for the next 7 days after the check. Then you have 21 days to stop quitting ranked matches like a jackass, and get your DNF down, or you'll be banned for another 7 days when the next check comes around.

It'd be the right job. Never happen though, but quitters are ruining FIFA online. I seen one lad whose DNF was 78% ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

I had a guy who scored OG's after I scored 3 goals.

Guy got so pissed off he decided to kick the ball to his keeper and put it in the back of the net after every OG he scored and done it over and over.

I ended up winning 25-0 :cool:

But the guy kept pausing the game and then would'nt play thats how i scored 3-0. If you're going to go afk from your game then don't play ranked matches at all :mad:

If youre on the PS3, I think I played the same idiot, was talking to him on the mic, only a kid, went 3-0 up after 15mins, beggin me to quit and start again, no way I said and he wouldnt quit either, so he did the same thing scoring OG's for the rest of the game which I won 24 nil, crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

decided to play some more today, so i played 6 and 4 people quit, 2 before half time

• Advertisement

I've given up on ranked matches. The ones I was winning they other guys just quit, its just a waste of time. Un-ranked are the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Ye it has to be the most annoying thing about the game, one guy i played was thrash talking me for the whole game then when i am beating him comfortably he says "guess what Q stands?" and then quits out.

Just discovered if you want to play matches where you'll actually get the whole game in, just create a session and theres and option for the max DNF% and you can set it 5 or below etc. or whatever you want but it definitely filters out the clowns!

Just discovered if you want to play matches where you'll actually get the whole game in, just create a session and theres and option for the max DNF% and you can set it 5 or below etc. or whatever you want but it definitely filters out the clowns!

Where is that option? I thought the only option for ranked games, was Quick Ranked Match?

I regularly used this for 08, and it worked like a charm. Any time I've tried it on 09, I'm regularly waiting ages for a game. Although that was in the first couple of weeks of release, so maybe its easier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

How do ya play unranked matches? I cant see the option anywhere, although I havent been going out of my way looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I played a ranked game tonight...

Jesus Christ!!!

He watched every second of the intros, then after about two minutes he got the ball and paused for a full 30 seconds. Then when the game restarted he paused again for 30 seconds, and then again - for 30 seconds. 3 minutes not even gone in the game. He ended up with about 5 yellow cards because he was a scumbag. He had a HUGE player score though. Why do people bother, I actually would have kicked the crap out of him if he was near me. What a tosser.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, don't forget people that have connection problems. I have my media centre thing enabled on the ps3 and when I played online in anygame it kept disconnecting.
    People sent me messages going mad and nobody bothered to listen when I told them that no matter what my connection just kept dropping until 1 guy told me about the media thing and I was sorted but others didn't want to play me because my DNF%.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads, don't forget people that have connection problems. I have my media centre thing enabled on the ps3 and when I played online in anygame it kept disconnecting.
    People sent me messages going mad and nobody bothered to listen when I told them that no matter what my connection just kept dropping until 1 guy told me about the media thing and I was sorted but others didn't want to play me because my DNF%.

ya some of them are connection problems, and thats fine, but we're on about the players that quit instantly as soon as you take the lead.

And there is no shortage of players like that.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    ya some of them are connection problems, and thats fine, but we're on about the players that quit instantly as soon as you take the lead.

And there is no shortage of players like that.

People have started doing that in unranked matches also, which is just stupid as they dont even count on your stats. Case in point yesterday, I got a lucky goal in the 7th minute. It was a mistake from the keeper, an obvious fluke goal. The guy just quits straight away. Fair enough if you're 5 - 0 down with 3 minutes left, but he had the whole match left. EA really need to do something about this. Maybe a system where it registers if you quit from the pause menu (as opposed to losing the connection) and if you do it a certain amount of times you get banned from online play or something.

• Advertisement

EA really need to do something about this. Maybe a system where it registers if you quit from the pause menu (as opposed to losing the connection) and if you do it a certain amount of times you get banned from online play or something.

That wouldn't really work as people could just turn their internet off and back on...

But i agree EA need to sort it, haven't had a proper ranked match in ages, so i eventually gave up on that quick ranked match option and just played people i know won't quit

Advertisement