Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl dvd player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

I got one from there last time they had them and it does indeed play DivX movies from a USB stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

fjon wrote: »
    I got one from there last time they had them and it does indeed play DivX movies from a USB stick.
    what about avi's?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

what about avi's?
    AVI is just the container, and may contain DivX, Xvid, amongst others. So yes, it should play AVI's, but aside from DivX as the other poster has said, it's unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Might be more info (e.g. manual/detailed tech spec) here if somebody can clarify the specific model number...

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/kategorie.php?k=1

Could be this one?

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=174

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Have one of these already.

Played everything i have ever tried to watch. Divx, avi,the whole lot.

I normally download a movie, put it on my usb stick and then into the dvd player with it and watch it on the 37inch tv, Happy days:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Manual here. It says "The DVD player recognizes the data formats JPEG, MP3, WMA and MPEG4"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not bad for €60, although you can get a Philips in Power City for €80 that does the same, or go for the WD HDTV for €100. I'm currently on the look out for similar and want to ensure that when new file types come out that a firmware update will go along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

anyone seen a dvd recorder with the memory carder reader/usb on it? want the dvd recorder so i can take stuff off my sky plus box and heard thats the only way

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Hrmm this seems to be the same one they have in Lidl??

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=163

Note it says supports USB sticks up to 1GB, just wondering do any of the guys who have one of these have sticks over 1GB and do they work??

Also do the players play .mp4 files??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I got one in Lidl a year or two ago. (I'm not sure how different it is from this new model, my one does not have HDMI).
    I've been very happy with it and it works fine. The keys on the remote glow in the dark. My one plays from an 8GB USB stick and a 2GB sd card. It could play any .avi file I ever tried it with EXCEPT for x264. Also FYI the tray the DVD goes into is quite flimsy-looking (but hasnt broken yet).

• Advertisement

Yeah wouldnt have thought it would do the X264, dont think theres any reasonably priced players that can support it!!

So is it just avi files? or mpg, mp4 etc etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

suppafly wrote: »
    anyone seen a dvd recorder with the memory carder reader/usb on it? want the dvd recorder so i can take stuff off my sky plus box and heard thats the only way

Try philips DVD recorded - great quality costs €100 or €120 in Tesco etc.
    USB and DivX and very simple to use. Fine for recording from Sky+ box.

Happy days!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can you buy this online?...are these in stock now?

Can you buy this online?...are these in stock now?

link says Monday 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

The-Game wrote: »
    Yeah wouldnt have thought it would do the X264, dont think theres any reasonably priced players that can support it!!

So is it just avi files? or mpg, mp4 etc etc??

I just meant that I only ever tried it with .avi (that * ahem * my cousin sent me)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just meant that I only ever tried it with .avi (that * ahem * my cousin sent me)

LOL! ;)

:D Any chance you could try it with an mpg and an mp4 file??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

The-Game wrote: »
    :D Any chance you could try it with an mpg and an mp4 file??
    +1, need a player that plays avi etc because currently restricted to using xbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Rocky7

Lidl have good offers from time to time. I'm always slow to buy there because what happens when the offer is gone? Anybody have any experience of aftercare service with electrical problems? Maybe I'm totally mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Rocky7 wrote: »
    Lidl have good offers from time to time. I'm always slow to buy there because what happens when the offer is gone? Anybody have any experience of aftercare service with electrical problems? Maybe I'm totally mistaken?

Aftercare service from Lidl is excellent, would put a lot of their competitors to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Have one myself, brilliant job does what it says in the tin & more. At one stage they were going for E35 as they couldnt get rid of them, but back to the usual price now.
    RKQ wrote: »

They're about E129 in XtraVision, hopefully cheaper in Tesco's, must look the next time as i'm lookin for one myself.

Here's more details on the Phillips (DVDR 3480) Dvd Recorder for suppafly:
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

RKQ wrote: »

My inlaws got me one of these from Tesco, one for themselves too. Loads of trouble with them.
    One time talking to an engineer a comment was made of 'thats what you get buying electricals from a supermarket'.

Read in to that what you like.

Great device, shabbily made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

ch750536 wrote: »
    My inlaws got me one of these from Tesco, one for themselves too. Loads of trouble with them.
    One time talking to an engineer a comment was made of 'thats what you get buying electricals from a supermarket'.

Read in to that what you like.

Great device, shabbily made.

Was it that model mentioned above?

dave_29 wrote: »
    Have one myself, brilliant job does what it says in the tin & more. At one stage they were going for E35 as they couldnt get rid of them, but back to the usual price now.

And you have had no problems playing any DivX or XviD avi??

How about .mpg or .mp4 files??

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

delly wrote: »
    or go for the WD HDTV for €100..

Are they only available online or do any shops stock them.

Well have we established does this play xvid/divx containers yet????:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

i know they play divx but do they play xvid?

And can they read subtitles?(the one i got from aldis cant)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

I got one of these the last time they were in Lidl a few months back. The model number then was KH6520 (silver) and KH6519 (black). It plays any Divx or XVid I have thrown at it, but doesn't recognize mp4 files.
    Although the manual says it supports up to 1GB USB/memory cards, it works fine with higher capacity devices - although the larger the device is the longer it will take to load (can take a while for a movie to load from an external HDD for example)
    They were much cheaper last time around... about 45 euro I think

Edit: Oh, and it does have subtittle support for xvid/divx.
    Here's the discussion from last time lidl had these (November) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055426669

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Tesco Mullingar have a Goodmans GDVDR320HDMIB DVD recorder reduced at present from €129.99 to €69.99.

08032009.jpg

08032009001.jpg

Not sure what file types it supports.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Ok I bought this last week and for some reason it cant 'see' my 320GB hard drive, but it will 'see' my 32GB usb pen..Anybody else having the same issue??

Advertisement