Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl dvd player

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

Have one of these already.

Played everything i have ever tried to watch. Divx, avi,the whole lot.

I normally download a movie, put it on my usb stick and then into the dvd player with it and watch it on the 37inch tv, Happy days:)
    can you tell me if the drawer for loading dvd will open fully. got one in tesco and it was difficult to put in dvd cos it would not open the full size of dvd hard to explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Ok I bought this last week and for some reason it cant 'see' my 320GB hard drive, but it will 'see' my 32GB usb pen..Anybody else having the same issue??

A lot of hard drives won't show up on devices ,if the drive is formatted in NTFS.
    FAT32 formats can be read by most though.

Linky about how to format it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is this still on sale?...any FS at the Limerick store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

Returned mine this morning, to sluggish loading the avi files. Looking for an alternative now instead.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Is this still on sale?...any FS at the Limerick store?
    Ennis Road (opp. Jetland) still had two of them on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Returned mine this morning, to sluggish loading the avi files. Looking for an alternative now instead.:mad:

any trouble returning it for cash back , I am not very happy with mine, the loading takes toolong and audio goes out of sync then no scan function to fast forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Glad i avoided buying this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Glad i avoided buying this!

Actually i dont think its too bad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is it region free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bennyc wrote: »
    any trouble returning it for cash back , I am not very happy with mine, the loading takes toolong and audio goes out of sync then no scan function to fast forward.

After reformattig my usb stick and trying it again , I had no problems with the audio but still unable to scan but I can live without that and as far as I know it is region free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

far as I know it is region free.

Suppose I could buy it and try it out and if not return it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

kearnsr wrote: »
    Suppose I could buy it and try it out and if not return it

Just tried it there now with a region 1 disc(usa) and it didnt work so its not region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Bob Z wrote: »
    Just tried it there now with a region 1 disc(usa) and it didnt work so its not region free.
    As far as I know it can be made region free.
    Open disc tray, press 9999, wait 2 secs, and press 9 again.
    Worked on previous silvercrests anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I was going to buy this but thought it would be on sale in Newry - none there. I then tried Dundalk - no luck there either.

What is the verdict on the machine - good or not great?

I'm assuming one could buy a similar silvercrest online if one wished to do so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

No problem bringing it back for cash, although was a bit hard to explain to the girl that it was slow loading files off a usb stick. One thing that I have always liked about ALDI is their after sales service, none of this credit note shi*e.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

not sure if its the same model but I will not touch silvercrest again. yes, they are cheap and cheerful but when playing from USB any large amount of motion on the screen causes it to go very choppy.

I had one and gave it away and spent the small bit extra for a low end phillips player with USB. onyl goes choppy when viewing fake old newsreel (the grainy effect) and chain link fences. forests can be a bother as well when they do canopy shots :) but compared to the silvercrest players its well worth the extra few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

I got one of these in Lidl & have to say so far (touch wood) it's worked fine for me playing dvd's and avi's from my usb stick, no choppy pictures so far. They're not designed for use with an external hard drive, if that's what you want get something else.

Advertisement