If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday March 4 - Spend €149 and beat the Mini Budget Blues!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

LuckCharms

No Worries

I've one set aside for you at €169.99

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks Ash, will collect tomorrow.clickhere.

Hi looking for some advice connecting this unit with a hd lead. i get sound but no picture. It works ok with a scart lead.Do i have to change some settings. Its a samsung full 1080hd lcd. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

clickhere wrote: »
    Hi looking for some advice connecting this unit with a hd lead. i get sound but no picture. It works ok with a scart lead.Do i have to change some settings. Its a samsung full 1080hd lcd. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Press 'system menu' on the philips remote and go to 'Video setup page'
    Go down to 'HDMI setup' and make sure this is turned on.
    You will need to have the scart connected to do this ofcourse ;)

Thanks Davy, i have the hdmi set to on but the resolution is set to off do i need to change this. I tryed but it wont change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks Davy, i have the hdmi set to on but the resolution is set to off do i need to change this. I tryed but it wont change.

When you were on resolution did you click the right button, then it highlights in white rather than blue and you can select a resolution then?

I can get it to change from blue to white but when press to change it it nothing happens. Thanks.

So when you change to the Hdmi channel on the tv eg number 3 does it say 'check signal cable'? Stupid question but i presume you have the dvd playing at the same time

Davy thank you so much for your help, sucess at last. I got into the menu for the resoloutions on the hd menu by pressing on off a few times. no different than befour . Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭breaux

hi ashmiller, thanks for PMing me back. can you reserve one of these for me. Just what i'm looking for. Many Thanks. Breaux.

• Advertisement

Hi Breaux

I'll have one reserved for you.
    I'll let you know when it's in - sould be before end of next week all going well.

Hi Clickhere - I've only just checked on Boards this morning - wasn't near my computer at all last night - sorry you had a few set up issues. Is everything working for you ok now? I can be reached on (01) 474 0788 all day today if you need any assistance.

Big Thanks to Davy for stepping up and helping - nice one mate.

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Folks

A little update for the following Boardies
    Davy
    OTNiner
    CLADA
    Themacdaddy
    Darcy Dougal
    Clickhere

Your MCD988's are here and reserved for you all.
    Just in time for Easter:)

Cheers
    Ash

thanks Ash, will call in on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi Ash,

I already got one there last Thursday but are there any more left?

I would like another one if they are still available!

Also I am having a problem trying to play my creative zen xfi on the system using the usb connection! It just says NO USB when its connected. Can it not play music through it like that or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Also I am having a problem trying to play my creative zen xfi on the system using the usb connection! It just says NO USB when its connected. Can it not play music through it like that or am I doing something wrong?

You have to set the mp3 player up as 'mass storage' or 'removable drive'. I dont have a Xfi but i think it has the mass storage option. It will mean that you will have to transfer all the songs onto it again into mass storage, and whatever is in it, the 2.1 unit will play. It cannot play directly from the music folders.

You might have to setup the mass storage in the 'extras' menu. It might ask you what amount of the memory you want to set aside for the mass storage. Then you can fill up to that amount with files from the pc. So you will have the same songs on it twice, once in the music folders and one in the mass storage. Hope this all makes sense to ya. And like i say i dont have the Xfi but im pretty sure it has the option to do this.

Hi Themacdaddy

I'll set one aside for you when I get my next batch in (this week hopefully)

Guys, I reckon this will be my last batch I can get my hands on.

So far I have Breaux and Themacdaddy on my latest reserve list.

If anyone would like one best get the order in quick:)

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bird-man

Davy thank you so much for your help, sucess at last. I got into the menu for the resoloutions on the hd menu by pressing on off a few times. no different than befour . Thanks again.

Thanks clickhere. Had exactly the same issue and your solution solved it. Bit weird - software bug I'd say. Anyway now its working but I'm getting a black band with no content at the top and bottom of the tv screen. The picture mode on the tv (sony 40w4000) now seems to be restriced to smart, wide and one other mode but none of them help the situation. Anyone had this issue or know any way to get a full screen picture?

Hi bird-man

I'd say the fact your getting black bars top and bottom of the image is down to the fact you are playing DVD's with a aspect ration wider than 16:9 (or 1.77:1) this would be normal.

An example would be Transformers which uses a 2.35:1 ratio
    The casing of your DVD should say what ratio its in, such as 1.77:1, 1.85:1, 2.35:1 or 2.40:1

From memory a film like Jurassic Park should pretty much fill your screen
    But it seems most films use 2.35/2.40:1 such as the new James Bond films.

You'll find most players pugged in via HDMI wont let you stretch the image to fill a 16:9 screen as it will distort the image - it tends to lock too the correct asoect ratio.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.