If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday March 4 - Spend €149 and beat the Mini Budget Blues!

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:38am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Ok Boardies,

This is like a mini budget in it’s own right – we are carving everything this week!

3rd day in a row and here is the best deal to date and it is one sexy beast- freshly released from a dark dusty corner in Philips Warehouse by the Richer Sounds Stock Liberation front.

The Philips MCD988 is a really sexy TWIN DVD 2.1 System and it really does have the W O W factor by the bucket load – we have sold it successfully for €599 for the last year.

See here for full details: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mcd988_98/mcd988_98_pss_aen.pdf

It has a Dual DVD changer so you can watch those box sets without interruption and seriously sexy motorised speakers to enhance the audio experience (never mind impress the neighbours!) here is a brief list of the features:

• Twin DVD Changer – plays DVD / CD/ DivX/ VCD / MP3 CD / WMA CD etc!
    • Dolby Digital
    • Motorised Tweeters
    • Total Power over 400Watts RMS
    • Photo viewer
    • Remote(of course)
    • Wall or stand mountable (both included)
    • 1080i Progressive Scan
    • 8” Active Subwoofer
    • Motorised DVD drawers
    • JPEG Playback
    • USB input
    • Radio – FM RDS 20 Presets
    • Aux in / headphone socket / Co-ax audio out/ AV out/ HDMI out/Component out / S Video out
    • Alarm clock function
    • It does not cost €599 any more!

The cheapest price I can find it new online at is £299.95 / approx €350 – I will do the first 20 Boardies a stupid, crazy, silly deal at just €149.99. Thereafter they go to the still stupid price of €199.99 but 20 boardies will snaffle a crazy price on this product.

This is all A1 – brand new boxed stock direct from Philips! And yes it’s €149.99..

As this is such a crazy deal please in the 1st instance post on this thread to book one and we will contact you via PM for your contact details.
    These units are in stock now and ready to go either from our Richer Belfast shop or from our Philips Shop in Dublin – but you must book ‘em here 1st as it really is a Boardies exclusive!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

John,

A quick one: what additional cable and/or switch do I need to connect my NTL DVR box to this baby to have a sound coming through the speakers? Philips has only one sound input...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cm,

There is an auxuliary input which you can connect your NTL box into no problem - alternatively you can connect your NTL box to your TV as normal and use the audio output from your TV to route all the audio sources connected to your TV through the MCD988.

Thanks for the query and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 freddie mac

please put me down for 2.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 boogyboogy

can you put me down for one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eamonk

Hi John,
    How much is delivery on this?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

eamonk wrote: »
    Hi John,
    How much is delivery on this?

Thanks.

Eamonk,

thanks a million for the query - it's a bit of a big box so we have to charge €19.99 delivery Countrywide - still makes it cracking value at €169.99 - Pixmania are at €369 today! http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2041650/art/philips/mcd988-12-cd-dvd-mp3-divx.html

Of course collection free of charge from Cewntral Dublin or Belfast can be arranged..

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Put me down for 1 please John. I can collect from Dublin store.

Pumbah - thanks for that and your email - all sorted and awaiting a new home!

Enjoy,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi John, me again.
    I will take one off your hands for my dad who bought a 37" tv in your last open box sale.

thanks a mil

Brian.

Rafa,

I'm going to have to put you on the payroll at this stage!

Thanks a million - I'll get the guys to drop you a line to arrange,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

I'll have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

johnmc wrote: »
    Rafa,

I'm going to have to put you on the payroll at this stage!

Thanks a million - I'll get the guys to drop you a line to arrange,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

Just had kenny on to me, the deal is done and dusted.....bought and paid for minutes after posting....that has to be a record.:D

thanks a mil once again John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭a bientot

Is one unit still available?
    in Dublin........

And any news on Phillips (of course) MPEG4 tv sets in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eamonk

Thanks for the reply John.
    On a different note, what is your best price on the Soundbar?
    pm me if you like.

Eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nice deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Put me down for one also please John (before you change your mind :D ), will collect from the Phillips store.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll buy one if they're still available at €149.. but need delivery to Sligo!

Will go along well with my 37LG3000 which should be arriving tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Hi John, I'll take one if there is one still available.

Thanks,
    Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

I'll have one of these too for pickup from Dame St if any still available...

Just heard from Dave in RicherSounds. was offered a 5 year extended warranty for €15.

Normally, I'm not one for these but for extended warranty but €3 a year, peace of mind and the fact the bundle is great value - I went for it!

Oh.. and multi-region hack for it:
    1.Press DVD "OPEN/CLOSE" key (RC (remote Control) or main unit) to open the DVD tray (note:if no disc on tray,then you have not to open it);
    2.Press RC "SYSTEM" key to enter DVD system setup menu;
    3.Press RC "direction "key to hightlight the forth item "PREFERENCE PAGE" (not entering the sub-item );
    4.Press RC numeric key sequentially 811502(entery code,no display on TV);
    5.Press RC "down direction" or "up direction" key to change REGION CODE,"0" is all code.
    6.Press RC "OK" key to confirm.
    7.Press RC "SYSTEM" key to exit DVD system setup menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Ill take one if still available ?!

Can collect from Philips store, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

I'll take on please to collect in Dublin store, if I can't get MCD908 at €129

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Hi, Is the pre amp seperate to the rest of the kit.
    ie. can it be used in another system?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

I'll take on if it is till available.

Also I am going to Order Samsung 40686 and Sony BD350 this weekend. Could you suggest if above system is compatible with Blue-ray ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hanman

Hi John

I sent you an email earlier this morning coz I hadn't an account set up on Boards, this is now sorted!

My work colleague Philip Hosford also dropped you an email about this.

I will take one of the Philips MCD988 system at €149 if still available.

I am in Dublin on Sat and can collect or you can stick it with Philip's delivery of Pioneer KRL 37V due on Friday to Cork.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

John,
    I've to withdraw (due to the purchase of the Humax DVR!!! -:D) - so there's one back on the shelf for someone else!
    I'll just have to hold off until the next great boardsie offers!!
    Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hanman

John

I will take that one!

Cheers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Hi John,

Can i get one of these also.

Thanks

Elaine

Anyone get this and install it yet? Impressions?

Mine was delivered today.. but is in the parents house. Will call to collect it later.

Thanks once again to all at RicherSounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Hi Johnmc,
    You have one of these coming down from Belfast for me, do you know when it will be in??

Basq, my other half was collecting something in The Pillips store and he seen this all set up and he said it was the business.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.