If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday March 4 - Spend €149 and beat the Mini Budget Blues!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Elaine.

Have mine hooked up now.. tis the business alright.

Only have two quibbles - the noise when the little speakers come out, though it looks amazing, can be a bit squeaky.. especially when the left one parks (it makes an odd noise). The USB menu is clunky.. I really hope you can change it but couldn't find anyway to in the manual. It displays all videos in alphabetical order - no folders or anything!

Still it sounds amazing.

Thanks everyone at RS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hanman

Got my one yesterday on time as promised.:)

Sound is great and looks fab, all in all a great set of kit for the bobs!

Thanks to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Buster08

Ill take one if still available ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

elainee40 wrote: »
    Hi Johnmc,
    You have one of these coming down from Belfast for me, do you know when it will be in??

Basq, my other half was collecting something in The Pillips store and he seen this all set up and he said it was the business.

Elaine,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'm away at the moment but I have asked the guys to call you - I think provisionally that the MCD988's will be back in stock in Dublin (in limited numbers) on Thursday and there will be one reserved for you.

I hope you are enjoying the MCD908 - I'm sure there should be some rule against letting a customer get two cracking deals like that in the same week!

Thanks again and apologies for the delay,

ATB,

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Early bird catches the worm as they say :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and it got delivered on Thursday morning along with Sammy and blue ray. Excellent service RS!!!

However I nitice one problem.At low volume (below level 5) I can hear humming sound coming out from both the side speakers. This sound is quite loud and outplay whatever you are playing on CDs.

Is it normal ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Got this yesterday from the phillips shop its class, Partner phoned me this morning asking did i want to hear it load (baby is out of the house at that time) he is like a child with his new toy

pahadia wrote: »
    I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and it got delivered on Thursday morning along with Sammy and blue ray. Excellent service RS!!!

However I nitice one problem.At low volume (below level 5) I can hear humming sound coming out from both the side speakers. This sound is quite loud and outplay whatever you are playing on CDs.

Is it normal ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Pah,

can you give Ash a shout on 01.474.0788 and ask him to sort this out - he never does any work any way so this will break the boredom for him... ;)

As ever if yuo need any assistance drop me a line,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi All

If anyone is looking for the MCD988 we have a few left, thought they are going fast! Their great for everyone who wants a slim, slim main unit and 2.1 speakers (less cable=happy partners) and they sound so much better than the on board sound from a TV

If you'd like to contact me directly please do so (will take a little pressure of John as he's in and out of the office and doesn't get the chance to
    check messages as much as he'd like) I'm only too happy to help.

phone (01 474 0788) or pm me and I'll look after you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Guys+Girls

I didn't mention the price of this unit earlier.
    The first batch of 20 have been sold through but John has agreed to sell the remainder of the stock for €169.99 (rather then €199.99 he mentioned earlier)

Lets face it considering these where €499.99 at the begining of the month it walks all over the usual DVD systems you'd find in sub €200 bracket

I'll be getting more stock of these next week but can reserve for one for anyone who'd like one.

Just post up on this thread or call into the shop. If the later please mention that you are from Boards (dont be shy now:)) otherwise my team will try to sell you one for €249.99 instore - (€169.99 REALLY is a Boards exclusive special price)

have a good evening

Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

Hi Ash, sent you a PM to reserve one of these for me.

I have one reserved for you

I should see stock next week - I'd say towards the end of the week

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Guys

I should see more stock of the MCD988 over the next couple of days (pmq71 - the first one through my stockroom doors is yours)
    So if anyone would like to get their hands on one let me know - they do come in BIG boxes so best bring a mate! (or let us deliver)

Pahadia, did my suggestions cure your problem?

Bet they'll sound great with the new Bond DVD out this weekend.......

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

Hi Ash,
    Indeed your suggestions worked. Also I found out, if my system is near to modem or phone then disturbance was more. So I had to do bit of shuffling. I am all set now and there is no noise at all. Speakers are fantastic and they do make good home cinema system.

Boxes are big but system itself is not bulky. If someone is thinking to put them on wall then it could be very slim system

Hi Pahadia

Glad to hear it worked out.

Hope you can get to enjoy it now

Atb
    Ash

Hi all

I've more MCD988's on their way to me.

These will be sold in store for €249.99 (normally €499.99) so a bargin they are...

BUT

To our Boardies friends they are STILL €169.99 so that makes them a steal!

As is the way of these what I want quantity wise and what I can get are usually two different things.. so get your order in Quick:)

I'll reserve one to all who posts up asking for one.

Cheers folks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Ash

Can you put me down for one.

Also price / availability of Samsung T240HD (24" Widescreen LCD TV - 1080p HD Ready - Freeview)

OTNiner

Thats what I like to see - someone quick on the draw:D

will reserve one for you and let you know when I have it, should be Sat am

Also as much as it pains me (being a Philips Man..) we can do the Samsung T240 for €349.95 AND i can have it here (in the Philips Shop) Sat am as well.

Cheer
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi all

I've more MCD988's on their way to me.

These will be sold in store for €249.99 (normally €499.99) so a bargin they are...

BUT

As is the way of these what I want quantity wise and what I can get are usually two different things.. so get your order in Quick:)

I'll reserve one to all who posts up asking for one.

Cheers folks
    Ash

Put me down for one of those please Ash.

Thanks

Hi CLADA

No worries, will set on aside for you.
    i'll let you know when I have them in the shop - looks like Saturday so far all going well.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi all

HI Ash

Are they €149.99 without delivery or is it €169.99?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

Hi Ash,
    I'll take one of those MCD988's please, can collect on saturday if you get them in
    Thanks

HI Ash

Are they €149.99 without delivery or is it €169.99?

Thanks

The mac

Thx for the post..

They are now €169.99 and will be available again shortly from The Philips Shop in Dublin or Richer Belfast.

Drop me a line if you would like me to reserve one for you,

Thanks again for the post!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

johnmc wrote: »
    The mac

Thx for the post..

They are now €169.99 and will be available again shortly from The Philips Shop in Dublin or Richer Belfast.

Drop me a line if you would like me to reserve one for you,

Thanks again for the post!

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

Yep can you keep me ONE?

I am sending you a PM now.

Thanks.

Hi Folks

I have to report a little bad news I'm afraid:(

The MCD988 I was expecting to see this am haven't arrived - just lots of TV's

I'll be chasing these up once more and hope to have them some stage next week.

I'll keep you all informed and will hold one for all who have requested one>

I'm very sorry about this folks.

Ash

Hi folks

The following people have an MCD988 held on reserve.
    I'd hoped to see them this weekend but alas was not to be....
    (I'm really doing you a favour - it's a beaut of a day so you should be out enjoying it!!)
    Anyway I've spoken to John about the MCD988 and he reckons we'll have them next week.

On reserve:
    Davy
    OTNiner
    CLADA
    Themacdaddy
    Darcy Dougal

Guys if anyone would like them shipped from Belfast let me know but I really should have them mid/end next week.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Hi Ash can you reserve one for me. I will pick up in the philips store, Thanks clickhere.

Hi Clickhere

Your on the list!

On reserve:
    Davy
    OTNiner
    CLADA
    Themacdaddy
    Darcy Dougal
    Clickhere

Once I have them in store I'll let you all know.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

A little update for the following Boardies
    Davy
    OTNiner
    CLADA
    Themacdaddy
    Darcy Dougal
    Clickhere

Your MCD988's are here and reserved for you all.
    Just in time for Easter:)

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hey Ash, just wondering if you have any more of those MCD998 left?If so put me down for one also .Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.