Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

welcome your new mods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Anything must be an improvement on MC, anyway. I don't think Kernel would be up to the task, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

K-9 wrote: »
    Not me either, though the heading of the thread says Soc > Conspiracy Theories.

It's a CT. It's in Social but it isn't really!
    Thank god I'm not the only one who can't see it in Soc! I thought I was going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

shayser wrote: »
    Kernel were you asked?

Me, no. I'm keeping it real shayser! :)
    I don't think Kernel would be up to the task, in my opinion.

Interest = piqued. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Anything must be an improvement on MC, anyway. I don't think Kernel would be up to the task, in my opinion.

MC was an ok mod, he made one or two mistakes and people had a fit. Kernel would be among those up to the task, or Kama. Or Mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

javaboy wrote: »
    I don't know. It could be very beneficial to have someone around who is on the inside of the "machine".
    Thanks buddy :)
    Kernel wrote: »
    Use of 'new order' phrase clever.
    Whoops. Freudian slip or what?
    I have to ask if you think that insulting the users of the forum is a good start? I refer of course to your claim of being more intelligent.
    Sorry if I insulted you.
    should tone down the arrogance to about 0.
    Banned for 24 hours for back-seat modding. That really didn't take long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Fascist!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Sorry if I insulted you.

You didn't insult me, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Anyway welcome all mods :rolleyes:

This should be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

miju wrote: »

I for one welcome our new alien overlords :D:D:D:D:D

Do you know i think the internet is probably monitored by extraterrestrials , seriously i do , and not only that but they probably post on the internet , i see that one of the new mods are saying that they could be considered more intelligent than most of the CTers , now i am wondering is that because they are a more intelligent alien species !:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

All hail 6th and The Economist!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Although I appreciate many of the CT boyos here consider themselves "the natives", I would like to point out that this marks a new order for the direction of the forum.

The move to Soc brings us into the mainstream, much like Politics. The natives now include posters like me and Flamed Diving who could be considered far more skeptical and, indeed, far more intelligent than most of the CT gang.

I believe the addition of me as a mod has been an acknowledgement by the owners and investors in this site that many threads here are ridiculous. Stupid threads are locked on Politics. Stupid threads are locked on Economics. Now, with the move to Soc, stupid threads will be locked on Conspiracy Theories.

How is stupid defined? We, the mods, decide. That's why we've been picked.

I look forward to working with all of you.

Can I ask you if this is a serious post or an attempt at humour in your first post here as a new mod of the forum?

Ludo wrote: »
    Can I ask you if this is a serious post or an attempt at humour in your first post here as a new mod of the forum?

It must be a conspiracy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Speak for yourself ;)

Although I appreciate many of the CT boyos here consider themselves "the natives", I would like to point out that this marks a new order for the direction of the forum.

The move to Soc brings us into the mainstream, much like Politics. The natives now include posters like me and Flamed Diving who could be considered far more skeptical and, indeed, far more intelligent than most of the CT gang.

I believe the addition of me as a mod has been an acknowledgement by the owners and investors in this site that many threads here are ridiculous. Stupid threads are locked on Politics. Stupid threads are locked on Economics. Now, with the move to Soc, stupid threads will be locked on Conspiracy Theories.

How is stupid defined? We, the mods, decide. That's why we've been picked.

I look forward to working with all of you.

Welcome to all the new mods. Presumably this self-aggrandisation means that the charter is now redundant.
    "The scope of subjects which can be discussed here. Whether it be, possible political shenanigans, secret societies, mind control technology, climate manipulation, alien, cover-ups, alternative science, cryptozoology, the end of the world, or whatever you wish".

Contrary to "new order".
    "CT is open to discuss just about anything ...It is very simple. You are allowed to discuss anything as long as it doesn't break this charter.

Contrary to "new order"
    "Be nice to other users and respect differing viewpoints. It is OK to disagree with someone without insulting them."

Post above contrary to this message.

I'm sensing some unhappiness about my modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I think its better that we have non-conspiracy loons modding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Welcome to all the new mods. Presumably this self-aggrandisation means that the charter is now redundant.

myself and bonkey have plans to completely redo the charter, but now we've new whipping boys they can do it :D
    I'm sensing some unhappiness about my modding.

Consider it an initiation Economist and you've been accepted by the natives. "We don't take kindly to modding in these here parts" :p:p:p:p:p:p

Consider it an initiation Economist and you've been accepted by the natives. "We don't take kindly to modding in these here parts" :p:p:p:p:p:p

I dunno, man. There are only so many times a mod can be called a self-aggrandising alien before he cracks.

trust me you get to used to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I think its better that we have non-conspiracy loons modding.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to at have least one mod who believes in some CT's for a bit of balance (but doesn't use all his posts as opportunities to let everyone know he's a mod ;) ).

I can't imagine someone being made mod of the photography or history and heritage forums for example without having a deep interest and knowledge in those forums topics.

• Advertisement

1)All claims made by posters now required a reference.
    2)Videos on youtube and google do not count as references.

Thats all you need in the new charter!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I dunno, man. There are only so many times a mod can be called a self-aggrandising alien before he cracks.

Orestes got called a zombie so much,that when he started modding wrestling he went on a bloody rampage. They create their own monsters the do. Also,cool,ye're not in hosted anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

1)All claims made by posters now required a reference.
    2)Videos on youtube and google do not count as references.

Thats all you need in the new charter!
    Supposing someone films something on a camcorder or mobile phone and the only way to get it out to the puplic safely is to post it anonymously on youtube or google , well in that case how could there be a reference!

I don't think it would be a bad idea to at have least one mod who believes in some CT's for a bit of balance (but doesn't use all his posts as opportunities to let everyone know he's a mod ;) ).

that mod is I Ghost ;)

However, like a true CT'er I am also prepared to view the argument from the other side (rather than blindly believe in a CT) and adjust accordingly if needed which is why alot of the time I come across as a skeptic in any posts I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

that mod is I Ghost ;)

However, like a true CT'er I am also prepared to view the argument from the other side (rather than blindly believe in a CT) and adjust accordingly if needed which is why alot of the time I come across as a skeptic in any posts I make.

That's definitely fair enough. I'm not the most regular poster here I'll admit, but I don't see you post often so I wasn't too sure what 'side' you took (so to speak)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭hurdehur

I am afeared of the new regime. -a sometime lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's definitely fair enough. I'm not the most regular poster here I'll admit, but I don't see you post often so I wasn't too sure what 'side' you took (so to speak)

Indeed and I think you gain respect that way, though I have noticed moderators getting more involved lately.

It's part and parcel of becoming part of the main body of the site.

The natives seem a little restless. The Economist would be aware of how Economics required stricter moderation when it was moved to Social.

I think they'll see how it goes for a few months and if they think it isn't working, seek feedback?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Miju may not post often but he's ALWAYS reading and watching :pac:

K-9 wrote: »
    I think they'll see how it goes for a few months and if they think it isn't working, seek feedback?
    I'm a busy man, K-9. I don't have time for this pussy-footing around. I like to take the "ban now, ask questions later" approach. A forum that's as likely to end up getting Boards in court as this needs this approach.

If people are unhappy I want them to tell me, now. Send me a PM; go to Feedback; even start a thread here if you wish. But less of this hanging around. The time to act is now. If there's truth in the New World Order Theory, then we don't have much time left.

In the meantime, watch this argumentative video:

illuminV2_500prod.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In light of his appalling arrogance and lizard denial, The Economist has been demodded. We had to get a pair of hydraulic bolt cutters to remove him from his desk and drag him out into the street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement