Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

welcome your new mods

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

you'll have noticed we now have some new mods to help us bring this forum back on track a little :)

I for one welcome our new alien overlords :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

why the change?

change, we fear change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

What happened to MC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

What happened to MC?

it's a massive CT that goes right to the top :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

There never was an MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

>_> Thanks for having me >_>

Just a note to say that I've no big plans for this place. Its a busy forum and miju and bonkey do a great job. Having the forum moved under Soc is a big deal and probably enough of a change for some.

I'm just here to clean up spam and make sure people stay civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hey, ct's under soc now, I never noticed, when did that happen?

Just happened today. Happy with the change?

6th wrote: »
    Just happened today. Happy with the change?

I don't see why not, it was a bit lost under hosted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Just a note to say that I've no big plans for this place.
    Speak for yourself ;)

Although I appreciate many of the CT boyos here consider themselves "the natives", I would like to point out that this marks a new order for the direction of the forum.

The move to Soc brings us into the mainstream, much like Politics. The natives now include posters like me and Flamed Diving who could be considered far more skeptical and, indeed, far more intelligent than most of the CT gang.

I believe the addition of me as a mod has been an acknowledgement by the owners and investors in this site that many threads here are ridiculous. Stupid threads are locked on Politics. Stupid threads are locked on Economics. Now, with the move to Soc, stupid threads will be locked on Conspiracy Theories.

How is stupid defined? We, the mods, decide. That's why we've been picked.

I look forward to working with all of you.

I would regard many of the posters here as being intelligent if not moreso than you, though, perhaps less informed, or perhaps they just perceive things differently. You should tone down the arrogance to about 0.

If the forum were to be run in a draconian or biased manner I should think that there would be a boycott and hence it would die, not that this is a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I don't know. It could be very beneficial to have someone around who is on the inside of the "machine".

Also 6th is a great choice.

Fascinating

I've subscribed...

On one hand I use the paranormal forum alot, on the other hand I mod M&I which is full of Boards.ie resident skeptics. I'm happy to listen to all sides and points as long as no one starts disrepecting anyone else.

Anyone ever has an issues ffeel fre to drop me a PM, I'm online .... lots.

Cheers JB, money can be picked up from the usual spot.

The Economist, I look forward to working beside up, in front of you, behind you, above you, below you and inside you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

This is an... interesting turn of events. You probably should have left the trash in hosted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Speak for yourself ;)

Although I appreciate many of the CT boyos here consider themselves "the natives", I would like to point out that this marks a new order for the direction of the forum.

The move to Soc brings us into the mainstream, much like Politics. The natives now include posters like me and Flamed Diving who could be considered far more skeptical and, indeed, far more intelligent than most of the CT gang.

Use of 'new order' phrase clever. I have to ask if you think that insulting the users of the forum is a good start? I refer of course to your claim of being more intelligent.
    I believe the addition of me as a mod has been an acknowledgement by the owners and investors in this site that many threads here are ridiculous. Stupid threads are locked on Politics. Stupid threads are locked on Economics. Now, with the move to Soc, stupid threads will be locked on Conspiracy Theories.

So you're basically saying that you are here to lock threads and kill the forum? Great. Sounds like a great direction. It reinforces my belief that this forum was never wanted on boards.ie. :)

Oh, welcome 6th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lads, I think (hope) that the Economist is being very tongue in cheek, perhaps playing up the 'New World Order' and 'Overbearing ruler' idea. If so, a :), :D or :pac: would have been nice. That said, yes, the mods should be the ones to decide when a thread has gone too far but some gentle reminders to stay on topic or within the charter should be the first course of action, then the gentle poking with sticks, then the extraordinary rendition of those who are getting too close to the truth!

Either way, good luck to the new mods.
    6th is indeed a great choice.

Nice to see the forum appear under the Soc category too!

Lets not forget Mordeth (or whatever his current name is) as new mod also ..... an ex-AH mod ..... he's the one to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

r3nu4l wrote: »
    a :), :D or :pac: would have been nice.
    Don't forget a ;). I love that little guy.

Congrats guys and have fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Kernel wrote: »
    . It reinforces my belief that this forum was never wanted on boards.ie. :)

That is what they want you to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Lets not forget Mordeth (or whatever his current name is) as new mod also ..... an ex-AH mod ..... he's the one to watch.

Ah lol, you're sh1tting me??? No, I've just checked, you're not. What did they do, trawl through CT past threads to find the most hostile to the subject matter? Let's make Satan the mod of Christianity Forum while we're at it lads. :eek:

Can you say, AGENDA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Kernel wrote: »
    Let's make Satan the mod of Christianity Forum while we're at it lads. :eek:

Sorry, I already have too many forums to mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Cant see it in soc, im stupid or blind. or horny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

>_> Thanks for having me >_>

Good grief. 6th waits months for a modhood, then three come all at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Like the 19A on Ballymun Road (yeah, it's an oldie but what are ya gonna do?)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cant see it in soc, im stupid or blind. or horny.

Not me either, though the heading of the thread says Soc > Conspiracy Theories.

It's a CT. It's in Social but it isn't really!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Good grief. 6th waits months for a modhood, then three come all at once!

Years more like ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Auspicious list of modships there alright. Welcome. All nice and sensible. Well apart from one or two! :) Looks a bit unbalanced though, does it not? Why no openly pro-CT people. Kernel were you asked?

Is this the way we're going? Shocking post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement