Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Events

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ell

There will be a clinic with Irish Horsemanship Trainer Sean Fitzgibbon in Dublin on the last weekend of November, more info: http://irishnhsociety.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=coursesclinicsanddemos&thread=1553&page=1

Tralee Clinic Dec 12th - Watch a demonstration with Sean’s horses, from ground work at liberty and on line to riding at liberty and under saddle and bridle. Some horse places left also.

Dermot McCourt is doing a barefoot workshop in Adare, Limerick on Dec 11th. Dermot & son will work with 8 horses in the day while teaching and helping people with any questions and queries. Anyone with hoof problems?? Laminitis, seedy toe, white line disease etc? Want to learn how to maintain your horses bare foot? Having issues staying barefoot? All these things and more is what they will be covering in a day… horse €80, watch €60. Full details of all clinics on our events page: http://irishhorsemanship.com/event-dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre is pleasedto announce the dates for it's 3rd annual Stallion parade and horse expo! March 19 and 20th Glenamaddy will be hosting informational seminars and a super stallion parade! Lectures and demonstrations include "Saddle fitting-how it can improve your horse's performance and eliminate training problems", "Introduction to reining and western riding", "Feeding your horse-how to choose the product that is right for the work YOUR horse is doing", and "Test drive a western horse", where you get the chance to actually ride a well trained western style horse. Website for the event is http://www.glenamaddystallionparade.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janedelaney

Anyone know of any hunter trial on in cork this sunday (march 13th) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Anyone know of any hunter trial on in cork this sunday (march 13th) ?

west carbery hunt

Sunday, Mar 13, 2011
    Castlesalam, Rosscarbery, Co.Cork (map)

087-9277471

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janedelaney

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

Bergin Equine Clinic

Equine Learning and Training Clinic
    (Focusing on groundwork and dressage)

Marlton Wicklow Sunday, 10 April 2011

http://www.brendanbergin.com/node/190

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Anybody heading to the Kildares' Hunter Trials in Punchestown this Sunday (20th March)?

convert wrote: »
    Anybody heading to the Kildares' Hunter Trials in Punchestown this Sunday (20th March)?

yep heading down for the novice class, i've heard its a fairly tough course, know whether that's true or not?!

yep heading down for the novice class, i've heard its a fairly tough course, know whether that's true or not?!

I rode the course last year and it was quite nice. I brought a young horse (first day out) and was happy enough with it. Ok, the round didn't go to plan, but it's a course I think suits the novice horse as well as the novice rider (and those, I've found, are hard to come by!). There were no awkward corners or overly tight turns.

It's a galloping course, but the ground is good and safe, which is always great.

thanks convert, good to know! did donabate (tara harriers) and kildruddery (the brays) the last two weeks and found a stark difference between the two, and was hearing horror stories about punchestown about chase fences that breathed fire and so on! Some of my friends went down to walk the course today and took photos of every fence so i've just basically done a virtual walk of it - everything fine until number 23 which is a very large coffin.... going to take the same tack as last week and just head into as fast as possible - she doesnt seem to notice them then :D

• Advertisement

Hope you had a good day and that everything went well at the coffin. Had a really great round on my fellow - so enjoyable! :)

ah delighted for you, it was a really lovely course wasnt it?? went clear in a pretty respectable time with no fussing at the coffin so im chuffed!!! loved the two water bits as well, particularly as im the lead in my pair and love soaking my partner as she comes in behind me >:D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The Oriels are having their annual HT's in Dunany on the 3rd April. There will be all the usual classes and they are having a gate jumping competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Drumlin Hounds Hunter Trials April 10th in mountain lodge, Cootehill, Co.Cavan. Starts at 11am in the order of open individual, open pairs, high gate competition, novice pairs, novice individual. Excellent all weather course at reduced price €20 for individual, €40 pair. For more info leave me a comment or contact 086 1929939.

Found this on facebook heres the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunter-Trials-Ireland-/159363897409649

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nualini

On 26th June Killegar Riding Club are holding a charity event at Marlton Equestrian in Wicklow. You must have a current AIRC membership card to take part. There will be graded showjumping with all the jumps 5cm below the max allowed for your grade. There are great prizes - voucher for TRI equestian, vouchers for Donovans Fine Foods in Enniskerry, Stena Line voucher, summer reading and loads more. It starts at 10.30 and you can get all the details on the Killegar Riding Club website.

Advertisement