Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Events

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the competition season is now getting up and running again, I thought it might be an idea to start an 'upcoming events' thread so we can let each other know what competitions are being held and where.

Please note that no personal details - i.e., names, contact numbers or email addresses - should be included in the posts. Please use the PM function to give out personal details

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Kildare Foxhounds Hunter Trials

Sunday 15 March

Punchestown Racecourse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wagtail

this Irish pony society show locations, dates, & contact details for 2009 are here:
    http://www.irishponysociety.ie/cms/publish/news/Show_Dates_2009.php

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tazpm

Dungarvan is on on the 22/3 and The kilkenny's is on on the 29/3 in Coolmeen. The Kilmaganny's is on the 5/4. These are all kilkenny hunter trails. The Kilkenny are doing something in Goresbridge in April. Boogle Blowing, Hunter classes, Bare back jumping. I will get the date.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wagtail

Tazpm wrote: »
    Dungarvan is on on the 22/3 and The kilkenny's is on on the 29/3 in Coolmeen. The Kilmaganny's is on the 5/4. These are all kilkenny hunter trails. The Kilkenny are doing something in Goresbridge in April. Boogle Blowing, Hunter classes, Bare back jumping. I will get the date.:D:D:D

Can you tell me what classes Dungarvan & Kilkenny have? Do they have show and or in-hand classes?

Dungarvan have the usual hunter trail classes. ponies, single,pairs, Teams of three. novice, parent and child, etc. The kilkenny one is in coolmeen and the Hunter classes in Goresbridge I think are all ridden. But I will find out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wittsend90

14/3 Bray Harriers @ Kilruddery House

15/3 Oriel Harriers @ Dunany

17/3 Louth Foxhounds @ Tattersalls
    Longford Pony Club @ Corbeagh House Ballinalee (must be P.C member to compete)

22/3 Fingal Harriers @ Boden Park, outside Ashbourne, Co. Meath

29/3 Ward Union Staghounds @ Donabate, Co. Dublin

5/4 Meath Foxhounds @ Rosmeade, Clonmellon, Co. Westmeath

11/4 Laois Foxhounds @ Stradbally Hall, Co.Laois

12/4 Ballymacad Foxhounds @ Ballinlough, Kells, Co. Meath

13/4 Co.Longford Harriers @ Ballygarvery, Rathowen, Co.Westmeath

These are just the ones that I have taken note of. There is a full page of hunter trial fixtures in the Irish Field paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student2B

SJI every sunday in Mullingar Equestrian 10 am - two arenas - horses and ponies

Unregistered show every friday night - 6pm til late - 40 cm up to 1m
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGkRdm2TOYo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Guidam show in Broadmeadows Equestrian centre on 17/03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Max2008

17th Mar Killeady
    21st Beechcrest
    29th Breeda, Tallow,
    5th Apr Castlecor, Mallow
    9th Clonshire
    12th Aghabullogue
    13th Kedrah Castle, Cahir
    19th Kilguilky, Mallow
    26th Boulta

any one know who was doing the photography at the previous hunter trials, esp Coolnakillas in Rathcormac

Tazpm wrote: »
    Sorry the kilkenny hunt show is on 21st in Goresbridge!!!! Sorry!

• Advertisement

28th March Riding Club in Kill
    29th March Inter-schools in Killossery

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ErnieElly

Max2008, oaktreepix.com were doing the photos at coolnakilla harriers

Ashbrook RC Derby day in Killossery this Sunday 3rd of May

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Irish Shows Association - 2009 Dates
    http://www.irishshowsassociation.ie/showDates.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

seen on the field this week that there is an equine workshop in Gorressbridge Co. Kilkenny on 11th June at 6.30. its on breaking young horses and feeding. an admisson is FREE :)

one to mark in the diary i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi anyone know of any hunter trials in June/July in Leinster? The closer to Dublin the better! Thanks

cookerj wrote: »
    Hi anyone know of any hunter trials in June/July in Leinster? The closer to Dublin the better! Thanks

The hunter trial season is normally in September/October and March/April so I don't know if there'll be many cross country competitions during the summer (apart from eventing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi again, where can I find dates and locations for the upcoming hunter trial season? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Check out the irish field every sat, there's always listings and advertisements in it of forthcoming events.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

GaWaNi Ponyboy, author of the best selling book "Horse Follow Closely", and one of the most respected horse behavoirists in the world, is presenting a "relationship training, horses training people" clinic at Glenamaddy Equestrian Center, October 17 and 18 2009

• Advertisement

cookerj wrote: »
    Hi again, where can I find dates and locations for the upcoming hunter trial season? Thanks

There are a few hunter trial dates advertised in Saturday's Irish Field and I'm sure there'll be more advertised in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 animalmad

Ballindaggin on Sunday 27 Sept

animalmad wrote: »
    Ballindaggin on Sunday 27 Sept

Is that hunter trials? And where is Ballindaggin (excuse my ignorance!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 animalmad

Its a charity ride with optional jumps :) its in county Wexford. Its great for schooling youngsters before the proper huntertrails start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi cookerj, not sure if you're interested in cross country rides, but if you are there's one on this Sunday. It's Ballymacad Hunt cross-country ride, Oldcastle, Co Meath.

Also, I'm assuming North Down would be too far for you to travel for hunter trials? There's one on in Millbank, Co Down on Saturday.

For anyone looking for mini/midi/maxi competitions, there are a few on tomorrow, Friday, 2 Oct.

- Doyles EC, Rathvilly, 7pm

- Kilrainy EC, Broadford, 6pm

- Coilog EC are running training at 10am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

There is also a mini midi maxi Sunday league starting in brooke lodge, stepaside, this Sunday 4th Oct.

Mini: 65
    Midi: 75
    Maxi: 90.

I think its €12 per round.

Bray Harriers H/T @ Enniskerry, Saturday 10 October, 10am

Brosna Foxhounds H/T @ Annaharvey, Sunday 11 October, 10.30 am

Pelletstown Riding Centre H/T, Sunday 11 October, 9.30am

North Galway Hunt H/T, @ Irishtown, Co. Mayo, Sunday 18 October, 10am

Ormond Hunt H/T, @ Gurteen Ag College, Sunday 18 October, 10am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Koda wrote: »
    There is also a mini midi maxi Sunday league starting in brooke lodge, stepaside, this Sunday 4th Oct.

Mini: 65
    Midi: 75
    Maxi: 90.

I think its €12 per round.

Just remember to check up the dates because it is not every week ...there are a few gaps of two weeks so you will need to make note of the dates.

Advertisement