Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No, dole
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Yes, being made redundant soon
    Student and Working PT... thank god for Gamblers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Employed thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

No, dole
    Leavin on Friday, got made redundant 2 weeks ago. Dont know nothing about social welfare but there are F-all jobs about. Circumstances have changed since I looked into things last year, still paying loans for a car that isnt worth half its value and wont sell anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Emigrated and unemployed
    Student and recently quit (yes, quit) my part-time job... Will probably regret that in May, but it was the smart move for now!

• Advertisement

Employed and no chance of being made redundant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

No, dole
    I am being made redundant at the end of this year while I wait for my job to be "restructured" to a low cost economy. Im not sure what ill do yet but staying positive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Emigrated and unemployed
    Student and "Employed", I technically do work but don't get paid, dissertation.

Come May, Ill have maybe a 10% chance of getting a job in my area. Not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Emigrated and unemployed
    student and employed part time till april at least. guess that makes me lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Out sick at the moment, but its really improving my post count
    well you want to start typing . You've been a member for 5 years and i'm already ahead me ya lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Employed thankfully, but I was unemployed for a good few months last year when I came back from some travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

emo!! wrote: »
    cut to 3 days a week atm.. 40% pay cut the joys !>.<
    :(ya im on 3 day week and there not always 8 hour days:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

No, dole
    I have two weeks of my notice left to work then it's to the dole office plus voluntary work at the local cat sanctuary to keep my mind occupied. I get cabin fever after a day at home doing nothing. Spent two months last summer off work after slicing my hand open after falling on a pint glass :eek: and it drove me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Emigrated and unemployed
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    well you want to start typing . You've been a member for 5 years and i'm already ahead me ya lol

Have you got dictionary or something on your computer?!:p

I'm a student and am lucky that my Dad is on a permanent contract...
    I am slightly for wage cuts at the top end and higher taxes once they leave necessities such as public transport alone...
    My theory is that during the boom, the government let itself get spoiled and in turn, turned the public spoiled by raising minimum wage etc...
    Now, the public are crying out like spoiled brats. The government built a country of spoiled brats so the public will act like spoiled brats by picketing etc...

In short, the government was the creator of it's own downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Just noticed my poll was edited :( no one told me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I fall into the last category on the list as I am having "issues" with getting my P45. This past few weeks I have been mostly surviving on:
    1) My ok-ish redundancy settlement.
    2) Selling stuff I don't need on Adverts.ie.
    3) Doing a few odd jobs.
    4) A decently stocked chest freezer.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mars bar wrote: »
    I am slightly for wage cuts at the top end and higher taxes once they leave necessities such as public transport alone...

Why just at the top? This country has become too expensive to do business in, cutting wages at the top won't do anything for our competitiveness, why would you want to locate your business here as opposed to even parts of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Emigrated and unemployed
    Currently a student, will have a degree and won't have a job in a few months time. :rolleyes:

I wanted to quit my part-time job but seeing the whole downturn I've requested that for the next while I'll only get three hours a week. Keeping my foor in the door so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Currently a student, will have a degree and won't have a job in a few months time. :rolleyes:

I wanted to quit my part-time job but seeing the whole downturn I've requested that for the next while I'll only get three hours a week. Keeping my foor in the door so to speak.
    Good idea. It seems that it is impossible to get a job in a sweetshop at the minute, no matter how many letters you have after your name.

Advertisement