Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

grogi wrote: »
    Maybe it smells like mint tea?
    Must Intentionally Not Tell Condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Mint has lost all meaning, mint means "cool" in old money.

A lad I work with has a passat that's rough as a badgers hole but it has 19" shiny wheels and all the tintZ, it's regularly described as mint, well, one fella here says: "jasus she's rough as fook but my god that's a mint yoke"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/alfa-romeo/spider/used-2008-alfa-romeo-spider-brera-dublin-fpa-7709459591012523474

Nice car, but will someone really pay close to the asking price for a 9 year old Alfa?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're around £10k in the uk, but 36% VRT on a probably €20k OMSP would mean it wouldn't be too far off.

There's a Brera Coupe on Carzone of similar age and mileage for €7.5k. I know this is rarer and the coupe is diesel, but more than twice the price seems high.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/alfa-romeo/brera/used-2008-alfa-romeo-brera-dublin-fpa-4980497065291532023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're around £10k in the uk, but 36% VRT on a probably €20k OMSP would mean it wouldn't be too far off.

The mother bought her 2008 Spider 2.2JTS in 2012 with 18k miles on it and paid €15k I believe, could have been slightly less.

I'd say that will be sitting for a while @ €16k...

166man wrote: »
    The mother bought her 2008 Spider 2.2JTS in 2012 with 18k miles on it and paid €15k I believe, could have been slightly less.

I'd say that will be sitting for a while @ €16k...
    Yikes!

Cars were cheap for a while 5 years ago though.
    There's a lot better ways to spend €16k, but what you'd get one for in the uk is usually a good yardstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Sweet jesus. This is my daily for the last 9 months.

2.2JTS. 67k miles. Just sailed thro' its NCT....

I got it for €3.5k

if7dwz.jpg
    Yikes!

Cars were cheap for a while 5 years ago though.
    There's a lot better ways to spend €16k, but what you'd get one for in the uk is usually a good yardstick.

It's not a spider though!

I have a serious want for a Brera though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

well spotted, Sherlock !

Beautiful to look at but the 2.2 is underpowered IMHO. The petrols also have horrendously soft timing chain/tensioners - leading to stretching and then wierd timing issues, horrible lumpy drives.
    I don't 'do diesels' so might opt for the 3.2 in a few years when this one wears out.....:P
    It's not a spider though!

I have a serious want for a Brera though.

• Advertisement

I have a soft spot for them myself hence me browsing Carzone. The 3.2 would be nice, but prices in the UK are high and the motor tax here would be a killer. It's mad that we're incentivised to purchase toxic diesels when cleaner petrol cars are taxed off the road.

kyote00 wrote: »
    well spotted, Sherlock !

Beautiful to look at but the 2.2 is underpowered IMHO. The petrols also have horrendously soft timing chain/tensioners - leading to stretching and then wierd timing issues, horrible lumpy drives.
    I don't 'do diesels' so might opt for the 3.2 in a few years when this one wears out.....:P

It was the 2.4 JTD I was eyeing up on autotrader.
    Also thinking Laguna Coupe but the Brera is obviously better looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It was the 2.4 JTD I was eyeing up on autotrader.
    Also thinking Laguna Coupe but the Brera is obviously better looking.

I was thinking about one too but the 2.4 jdtm is very heavy on diesel according to the alfa forums and it very much writes cheques it can't deliver. All show, but very poor to drive. I'd love a 2.4 jdtm Q4 if I was going down that route, I reckon it would be lovely little sleeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1991-bmw-e30-318-is-blue/14775331

e30 prices are shooting out of control. I think people are starting to think they're sitting on goldmines even if the car is a piece of ****. Fair enough 5-6 grand for a mint one but people are trying to get that for ones in need of complete restoration! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1991-bmw-e30-318-is-blue/14775331

e30 prices are shooting out of control. I think people are starting to think they're sitting on goldmines even if the car is a piece of ****. Fair enough 5-6 grand for a mint one but people are trying to get that for ones in need of complete restoration! :mad::mad::mad:

e30 prices are crazy going back 10 years or more...

mloc123 wrote: »
    e30 prices are crazy going back 10 years or more...

Ive been following these prices for the past 6 years anyway, its my favourite car of all time. i had a very good condition 318is, bbs wheels, respray, mtec 2 kit, all original etc etc that i bought for 2400 in 2011. prices have since doubled!

Ive been following these prices for the past 6 years anyway, its my favourite car of all time. i had a very good condition 318is, bbs wheels, respray, mtec 2 kit, all original etc etc that i bought for 2400 in 2011. prices have since doubled!

You didn't happen to buy that car in Limerick did you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

kyote00 wrote: »
    Sweet jesus. This is my daily for the last 9 months.

2.2JTS. 67k miles. Just sailed thro' its NCT....

I got it for €3.5k

if7dwz.jpg
    OK dynamically they may not be up to much, but IMH that's a gorgeous car and very good value.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That car is 11 yr old and is still better looking than 95% of the cars on the road now.

If the Irish Gov ever comes to its senses and lowers the crazy tax on these types of cars, I'b be in the market for a weekend runaround.

NIMAN wrote: »
    That car is 11 yr old and is still better looking than 95% of the cars on the road now.

If the Irish Gov ever comes to its senses and lowers the crazy tax on these types of cars, I'b be in the market for a weekend runaround.

Would you come to YOUR senses!!! Irish government will never do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm sure if you could work it out that the multiplier effect of the reduction in tax would ensure that the Government would generate higher indirect returns.

That will never happen though. I want to see post 2008's tax rates rise though. :)

If that ever happens, you'll have to raise your budget considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The fronts of the 159/brera are beyond sex.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bear1 wrote: »
    The fronts of the 159/brera are beyond sex.
    +1. IMHO if you had a shed and a few extra quid, either of them will be "investments" down the line, particularly, again IMH the Brera.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1. IMHO if you had a shed and a few extra quid, either of them will be "investments" down the line, particularly, again IMH the Brera.

I find it difficult to see that happening as they drive ****e though.
    The 156 is much funner to drive in comparison, so nimble. The 159 is boring.

Don't get me wrong it's comfy, looks well, can carry friends easily, but I don't get the urge to just go out and head up the mountains like I do with my gtv

If you've an empty shed get a 156. Ideally a busso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I like this car, it's cool, it's had tons done it, but that price is surly a mistake?!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-beetle-california-style-hot-rod-cars/10978843

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭blackbox

I like this car, it's cool, it's had tons done it, but that price is surly a mistake?!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-beetle-california-style-hot-rod-cars/10978843

I wouldn't give €74 for it (each to his own!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Horrible looking yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Lol last week (and last month, last year...) that was €75,000

Nice to see the steady drop in price

• Advertisement

Lol last week (and last month, last year...) that was €75,000

Nice to see the steady drop in price

that will never ever sell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement