Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Same guy as above but this time with a Sierra Cosworth Shell, engine and bits for 4k.........oh and it's a Cosworth REPLICA!!

Apparently it "was running and driving before dismantling"

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-sierra-2-door-cosworth-replica-1984/14585361
    ".....good solid shell needs some welding."

So therefore it's not a "good solid shell" ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It is a clear mistake. But equally a dreamer at €19520...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

grogi wrote: »
    I would've thought the 2 was the mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

grogi wrote: »
    Sure I know, just thought it was funny having been up for 2 weeks already unchanged. €11,952 probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

That seems to be in the normal price range for a fiesta of that year, and that mileage.

Yes. That's the same car as is wrongly advertised for €119520 a few posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes. That's the same car as is wrongly advertised for €119520 a few posts up.

aw fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Gwildor wrote: »

I see the price has being dropped to €7,450. Despite peoples commentary here I can only assume he isin't getting any interest or else very eager to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I see the price has being dropped to €7,450. Despite peoples commentary here I can only assume he isin't getting any interest or else very eager to sell.

Collectables are not easily sold - it takes time to find the right buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

If I didn't already own a few old Fords and had the cash, I'd buy the Puma!

Probably wrong time of year, do a proper ad with decent pics... Onto UK eBay, Pistonheads and car & classic and it'd be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

/I might be wrong/

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ep71-toyota-boxy-turbo-starlet/14791619

ZTVkNTlmNWM3OTAyMzc1YzgyZjRhMWI3ZTc5YzYyYWGnium6vQtJwUSswYKJBVCaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTkwMTAzOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Six grand, excluding VRT and its "not mint" - thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Strong money but they have quite the following, and the way prices are going on most jdm stuff - the only way is up. ... baby..

I wouldn't give it, but there's most likely plenty fellas out there who would!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

And its not even on Irish plates for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

rex-x wrote: »
    And its not even on Irish plates for that money

You wouldn't be left with much change out of 5k to import one yourself. The price of JDM stuff is gone insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

You wouldn't be left with much change out of 5k to import one yourself. The price of JDM stuff is gone insane.

Fúckin yanks after destroying the market and filling Japanese eyes with dollar signs.

Seen the auction sales for skylines, scoobies, supras and evo's lately? Eye watering,

r34 skylines with reserve prices of €80k +

All the above inflates the rest of the market with it.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Fúckin yanks after destroying the market and filling Japanese eyes with dollar signs.

Seen the auction sales for skylines, scoobies, supras and evo's lately? Eye watering,

r34 skylines with reserve prices of €80k +

All the above inflates the rest of the market with it.

I know. I was looking at standard kp60 and kp61 starlets myself. Was looking at around €2800 including shipping before and went looking a few weeks ago and the price has doubled. If you want JDM now you should be looking at NZ and Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

He'll get that fairly handy for that starlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Bit of a mix n match that car but proper clean Nova SR have been going around that for a while, Not sure about this one but could have cleaned under bonnet a bit.

• Advertisement

I can't see a following for a 1.2 Vauxhall anyway.

edburg wrote: »
    Bit of a mix n match that car but proper clean Nova SR have been going around that for a while, Not sure about this one but could have cleaned under bonnet a bit.

Its not an SR though

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Its not an SR though

Didn't say it was, point was more to the fact these cars are rising and a 26 year old 50k original miles in good nick is not going to be far off. There hard to find now and some basic models are less rotten than your SR/GTE/GSi models purely due to less foam sound deadening on bulkheads, less likely to be nicked/screwed.

Also said was not sure this worth it and needed bit more detailing around it to smarten it up.

edburg wrote: »
    Didn't say it was, point was more to the fact these cars are rising and a 26 year old 50k original miles in good nick is not going to be far off. There hard to find now and some basic models are less rotten than your SR/GTE/GSi models purely due to less foam sound deadening on bulkheads, less likely to be nicked/screwed.

Also said was not sure this worth it and needed bit more detailing around it to smarten it up.

Seriously??

Its not worth anywhere near five grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Seriously??

Its not worth anywhere near five grand.

Sadly it's worth whatever some laaad is willing to pay for it... when I think of the cars scrapped in our house years ago.. I still have the logbooks. They'd be worth a billion pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Murt102 wrote: »

That's insane!

That advert should be reported to Donedeal for taking the piss!

For 50e less you can have a 9 year newer car with only 6,000 more miles!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Reported to the done deal police lol, leave it out.

Low mileage doesn't equal high price...

On a micra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

This car should be in a museum

Oh ffs :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement