Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line dating horror stories.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In this day if you are doing the whole internety-meety-uppy-thingie then why wouldn't you get a few photos of them first to make sure they are who they say they are.

I mean everyone can either take a photo and scan it or get a friend to email them one or something.

I for instance am a buxom 21 year old female nursing student from Latvia. Wanna go for a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CebMtVe_YiQ

Probably my favourite scene from The Office. Brent's reaction is classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I feel a bit sick really... not nerves... excitement... not sexual.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I for instance am a buxom 21 year old female nursing student from Latvia. Wanna go for a pint?
    Where?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

In this day if you are doing the whole internety-meety-uppy-thingie then why wouldn't you get a few photos of them first to make sure they are who they say they are.

I mean everyone can either take a photo and scan it or get a friend to email them one or something.

A bit of knowledge in Photoshop and you can look like a model

• Advertisement

Where?;)

Lady's choice, eh?

See you in The Octagon Bar then, let's say around 8ish?

Drinks are on you and you'll have to buy them for me before we see each other eh..... for no reason at all. Ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Are you doing anything this evening?

Are you doing anything this evening?

Meeting Ultimate_Chin (who I presume is Bruce Campbell) but I'm free after 9 or thereabouts if you wanna buy me dinner! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Collie D wrote: »
    But how will I learn if I don't ask? You're no fun

Trust me, it's more fun to find out for yourself

Meeting Ultimate_Chin (who I presume is Bruce Campbell) but I'm free after 9 or thereabouts if you wanna buy me dinner! ;)
    Good guess on the naming influence (and I do have a very horizontal chin)
    Who said youll be free after 9?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Not really a dating story, but I once met a girl I had got along with from a message board that I used to frequent. We got chatting via pms about something and the direction of the conversation went to talking about college. Turned out she was in the same college as I was but was a year behind.

We met up and we got along pretty well. I wasn't really looking for anything out of it. We had exchanged phone numbers. Anyway, long story short, turns out she was looking for someone to marry. She was of Asian decent so her family were pressuring her to find a husband. I was only 19 at the time. I still see her around college and It's pretty awkward now. I tend to avoid her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

you should have told her you would marry her to get your leg over and afterwards ignored her sheesh that is the first thing i would do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Collie D wrote: »
    But how will I learn if I don't ask? You're no fun

Whatever you do, don't google image search it unless you have your results filtered.

Wikipedia will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Terry wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't google image search it unless you have your results filtered.

Well you have to now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PM me the link.

Noaw!!
    Likewise. PM me the linkage :D
    Once you're not at work, school, public library, or family nearby... google it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

the_syco wrote: »
    Likewise. PM me the linkage :D

Nevah!

Either way she'd only like you if you have no shred of self esteem, but I suppose you could fake that for an easy lay.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Nevah!

Either way she'd only like you if you have no shred of self esteem, but I suppose you could fake that for an easy lay.
    What if we dont have to fake :(

Now do I qualify for the linky?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Nevah!

I'd ask, except I know you'd never bother to give it to me anyway.

(There, now are you confused? :D)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What if we dont have to fake :(

Now do I qualify for the linky?:pac:

I will pay you actually. €4000

I will send you a certified check for €10,000 and then you can repay me the balance by western union.

I will send you a certified check for €10,000 and then you can repay me the balance by western union.
    Very well but there is a €6000 service charge on all transactions
    We are consenting adults after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No problems. Please don't use registered post so that you'll know when your check reachs me.

No. I'm just in a really good mood today.
    It's freaking me out a bit, but I'm trying to go with it.

Vot iss yor name, und vot haf yoo dun vit ze real Chulep?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/411951649_9759ef1246_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wikipedia will help.

Am I glad I took that advice. lol at the London 2012 take-off

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I would like to apologise for this thread.

I was basically trying to help someone with a survey type thing.
    There will be a proper and honest thread tomorrow in the media interaction forum and there will also be some forum announcements, which I have discussed with mods of other forums.

Once agian, I apologise for the decepton. Most of you saw through it anyway, clever bunch of ****ers that you are.

Anyway, there will be a survey tomorrow at some stage.

I'm humbly requesting that anyone with a relevant story take part in the survey and I cannot apologise enough for my lame deception in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There will be a proper and honest thread tomorrow in the media interaction forum and there will also be some forum announcements, which I have discussed with mods of other forums.

Once agian, I apologise for the decepton. Most of you saw through it anyway, clever bunch of ****ers that you are.

I'm humbly requesting that anyone with a relevant story take part in the survey and I cannot apologise enough for my lame deception in this thread.

LOL, An AH Mod trying surveys in AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

ETC

lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

This is not a dating story- just an internet one.

Bored one night- couldnt sleep so went on a chatroom, was chatting to a guy from portsmouth- chat site was slow so exchanged msn. He was the HEAD of that ben from A1 guy.

Anyway we were chatting for a few weeks seemed nice and all of a sudden he became so VAIN!!! said that a model scout wanted to hire him and kept saying "you will leave ur bf for me wont ya cos im so hot"

I was like no

And seriously EVERY second sentence was "Im giving you a chance to have the hottest new model around and you wont cos you have a boyfriend- your a fool!!!

I was like "AHHHH **** OFF"

He was actually getting thick cos i didnt fancy him, he had girls throwing themselves at him(apparantly) and was freaking out because i didnt think he was cute(never liked that A1 guy) I just deleted him after a while cos he was wreaking my head

The End:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zee Deveel

Was this waaayy back when A1 existed and Ben was cute? Or is this more recently and he's still clinging to Ben's image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Zee Deveel wrote: »
    Was this waaayy back when A1 existed and Ben was cute? Or is this more recently and he's still clinging to Ben's image?

back when he was in a1 and cute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Prawo Jazdy

Ban IMO :pac:

Advertisement