Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line dating horror stories.

Options
  • 17-02-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I closed an earlier thread due to certain issues, so here we go again.

I'll start.

Never used a dating site, but I did end up meeting a girl from another forum I used in my internet infancy.
    We got along well at first.
    Distance was a bit of an issue, but that wasn't the bad part.

She was staying in my house one weekend and a few friends came back with us after we had gone to a nightclub.
    While I was in the sitting room, she was in the kitchen hitting on one of my friends.

I found out about this a few days later. The friend was afraid to tell me in case I blamed him.

I rang the girl and she denied it at first. She then admitted it and I called her every name under the sun.

She then logged onto the private forum we were members of, put goatse in her sig and started posting tubgirl all over the place. This was frowned upon because while all the members were adults, some logged in while their children were in the room and the kids saw the pictures.

She then proceeded to call me a stalker on the public forum and was claiming that I was making threatening phone calls and that the cops were going to arrest me.

Some of the people believed her at first, but she made her way through several other members over the following couple of years and I ended up getting a load of Christmas cards this year from them telling me they had seen the light.

Over to you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I met a girl over the internet once. I drove all the way to Dublin from Galway to meet her. We went to the pub for one drink but apparently she had been banned from the place the night before for drinking 12 pints of Guinness and stabbing a bouncer.
    So she decided we should go to the Art museum, which was closed so we went to the National gallery instead. We were there for about 20 minutes and she was really abusive towards everyone else there. She called the security guard a c*nt and put her hands down her pants, got a finger full of vagoo juice and rubbed it in the face of the girl behind the counter as we came in. I had enough and excused myself to go to the bathroom. Luckily she had to go too, although the crude things she was saying she was gonna go in there (something along the lines off pebble-dashing the bowl with a massive brown explosion).
    So I waited till she went in and I ran for it. I sent her a text as I fled saying I wasnt coming back...God I hope I never meet her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Terry wrote: »
    put goatse in her sig and started posting tubgirl all over the place.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Met up with a girl on an irish site, no pic of her posted, but we got talking and she seemed pretty sound. Exchanged emails and she seemed up for it, so we decided to meet up (I'm always up for it!) Took a bus up to her one friday night - she was a minger. But "feck it" I thought, got loaded and we got it on - her bed was very sqeaky, I felt sorry for her house-mate. Woke up in the morning and gave her another one, had to resort to the floor to spare her any more embarassment! Finished up and headed home.

Think I talked to her once after that. She was pretty good in the sack, pity she needed a paper bag over her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I met a girl over the internet once. I drove all the way to Dublin from Galway to meet her. We went to the pub for one drink but apparently she had been banned from the place the night before for drinking 12 pints of Guinness and stabbing a bouncer.
    So she decided we should go to the Art museum, which was closed so we went to the National gallery instead. We were there for about 20 minutes and she was really abusive towards everyone else there. She called the security guard a c*nt and put her hands down her pants, got a finger full of vagoo juice and rubbed it in the face of the girl behind the counter as we came in. I had enough and excused myself to go to the bathroom. Luckily she had to go too, although the crude things she was saying she was gonna go in there (something along the lines off pebble-dashing the bowl with a massive brown explosion).
    So I waited till she went in and I ran for it. I sent her a text as I fled saying I wasnt coming back...God I hope I never meet her again.
    This was one of the reasons I closed the other thread.

Move on from that one please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I think people are offended by the underhanded way "AssocProd" (Associate Producer no doubt) tried to get information earlier from boardsies earlier.

We're hardly going to give a serious answer now having been treated with such a lack of respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Anyhow....

A guy I know of was on a dating site and he got chatting to this girl, they were getting on really really well and had organised to meet up in Cork.

Two days before they were supposed to meet up the guy I know of text this girl saying he couldn't make it as he had to go to a family funeral, she was fine with it.

After the funeral he went outside for a smoke and sent a text to the girl he was supposed to meet, next thing he heard the "beep beep" of a text message being sent.

It was his aunties(estranged sister of his father) phone, she was the girl he was supposed to meet!

They immediately embraced and started to kiss.

Anyhow to cut a long story short they went back to the hotel and "made love".

She went back to Nigeria where she was working as a nurse and he went home....wondering whet he should do next.

True story, honest to god.

TheZohan wrote: »
    I think people are offended by the underhanded way "AssocProd" (Associate Producer no doubt) tried to get information earlier from boardsies earlier.

We're hardly going to give a serious answer now having been treated with such a lack of respect.
    That's understandable.
    No need to hi-jack this thread though.

That's understandable.
    No need to hi-jack this thread though.

You're working for her, aren't you!!!
    Tbh I've never tried and probably will never try dating online. Something about it is kinda creepy to me, unless it's someone you've gotten to know though e-mail or message boards or whatever. But just answering an ad for a date seems a bit weird to me.

You're working for her, aren't you!!!
    Tbh I've never tried and probably will never try dating online. Something about it is kinda creepy to me, unless it's someone you've gotten to know though e-mail or message boards or whatever. But just answering an ad for a date seems a bit weird to me.
    Working for her? Me? Never.

In fairness to her, she did actually contact a few mods before posting here.
    It wasn't the usual journalist stealing stories crap.
    Believe me, I would have requested a site ban if I though it was.

She was just looking for a few horror stories, as opposed to the usual bullshít you get.
    You know the ones. Oh, me and my lover met on this site and we're so in love. Everything is great and we're now selling this to a cheap tabloid magazine.

I know it's AH, but there's no need to hi-jack a thread because one person made a mistake.
    I'm sure plenty of people have their own stories to tell and would like to tell them without being ridiculed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm sure plenty of people have their own stories to tell and would like to tell them without being ridiculed.

Are you lost Terry?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Right, I closed an earlier thread due to certain issues, so here we go again.

I'll start.

SNIP!

All lies Terry.

You raped her didnt you?

You big hairy internet rapist you.

But seriously. Internet Dating is a bad idea Mmmkay?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    All lies Terry.

You raped her didnt you?

You big hairy internet rapist you.

But seriously. Internet Dating is a bad idea Mmmkay?

Terry, please put that as your tag!!!

Are you lost Terry?
    No. I'm just in a really good mood today.
    It's freaking me out a bit, but I'm trying to go with it.

So do any of you actually have any stories, or should I just let this thread die?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

My second cousin met some lad on the net.

Biggest mistake ever.You could write a book on their "releationship" but nobody would beleive it.

A list of things,

Threatend to hit her and refused to leave her house.

Lifted the handbrake in her car while she was driving on a dual carriageway at 60 mph.

Stole her car keys and threw them into a field somewhere.

Proposed to her,then called it off the next morning,after he had ordered the ring.

Proposed to her again,called it off again.

Loads more but I cant remember at the mo.

Complete a**hole.We think he has mild schizophrenia(sp?) or something

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Working for her? Me? Never.

In fairness to her, she did actually contact a few mods before posting here.
    It wasn't the usual journalist stealing stories crap.
    Believe me, I would have requested a site ban if I though it was.

She was just looking for a few horror stories, as opposed to the usual bullshít you get.
    You know the ones. Oh, me and my lover met on this site and we're so in love. Everything is great and we're now selling this to a cheap tabloid magazine.

I know it's AH, but there's no need to hi-jack a thread because one person made a mistake.

I'm actually surprised you didn't site ban.

Also curious as to why the mods in question allwoed her to post a fake story then...?

On topic: The only bad dates I've had were ones where I met the girl in person in the pub first...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

...nothing good lies therein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I sat on the train for 2 hours to meet a girl who only sent me one pic of when she was still a virgin.

and she's still using the pic now. about 4 years later. yech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

towel401 wrote: »
    I sat on the train for 2 hours to meet a girl who only sent me one pic of when she was still a virgin.

and she's still using the pic now. about 4 years later. yech

You HAVE to give more details of this one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

this story made the national news during the week over here in nz.
    A German tourist whose internet relationship turned out to be anything but romantic has warned of the dangers of travelling across the world to meet a stranger after spending a week in a Dunedin man's home she described as a "horror house"

She said the man who met her at the airport was not the 33-year-old PhD student with whom she had struck up an internet relationship in October through his Myspace page, but an unkempt, unemployed 54-year-old man.

When she arrived in Dunedin, she was alarmed after he rushed up to her, gave her a large hug and an over-friendly kiss and hurried her to his car.

"He had such a creepy aura. I was in shock."

"His home was really a horror house, I would say. Little roosters, cats and chickens lived in the house. There was a lot of cartons and dust and rubbish.

"You could not walk up the stairs and there was an ugly smell, a dead animal smell, and an ugly smell [of] old clothes."

She said she became more afraid as Mr Robb disclosed more about himself to her.

"He was really out of reality. He lived in a complete fantasy world.

"I was totally afraid because he said there was no electricity there, so we only had the candles at night."

At night, Mr Robb took off his clothes and lay down in the same bed beside her.

"I had all my clothes on and these dirty sheets around me . . . I realised in that moment it was too much."

(full story in link)

edit: international message board im on has spawned a number of internet relationships, one of which involved a scottish chick and L.A guy getting engaged over hte course of 5 years, before she realised he was a dropkick and dumping him just a she got whatever papers she needed to finally move and work there... another american/canadian couple managed to spam the board with lovey dovey messages before she flew up to him, had a good shag, she got it out of her system and he was left somewhat heartbroken, know two other couples who seem to be happy-ever-afters, dutch/mexican one with a 2 year old now, and an irish and kiwi couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

"I was totally afraid because he said there was no electricity there, so we only had the candles at night."

Magic internet

In my last job I used to e-mail this one girl in one of the life insurance companies we used with queries etc all the time as she was one of the few good at her job. We got talking through e-mails/calls and after a while the conversations began to get really flirty. I was still kind of seeing my x at the time so I didn't ask her out at the time but a month or so later when things had cooled over with the x I said **** it why not. She sounded hot.....(dont ask) and seemed quite confident so I thought she'd be grand looking.

Before meeting her she said she was thin, tall & had brown hair....... & I was to call her when I was outside the pub we were to meet in. So I got there and rang her. I was just outside having a smoke when this small fat red relic approached me. ''Hi Im ******''. This things place was on the national geographic channel, not in a pub. My initial question trying not to be rude was '' I thought you said you had brown hair'' while smiling very awkwardly. She actually replied with '' I didn't know how to describe myself.....''' . I turned and walked away without saying bye :o ...... Never e-mailed her again. I know that's horrible but she lied blatantly !

So the lesson I have learned that people lie over the internetz. Aint worth the risk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Collie D wrote: »
    :confused:

You internet age showing. That is the kind of thing you need to go and find out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

before she realised he was a dropkick

What's a dropkick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

What's a dropkick?

I'd be guessing like a pin *pr!ck*.. sort of rhyming slang methinks - I hope I'm right.. do I win a prize? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dragan wrote: »
    You internet age showing. That is the kind of thing you need to go and find out for yourself.

But how will I learn if I don't ask? You're no fun

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

In another place that I frequent there are quite a few couples that have met via its pages, which is amazing considering it has no more than 30 frequent visitors.

There is one particular girl who has been doing the rounds of the menfolk there. In the past 4 years she has been engaged to two of them (the second one ended so badly that the fella made a suicide attempt), she's been caught with her best mate's (also met on the forum) longterm boyfriend. She was moving in with another only to tell him that she wouldn't at the last minute, stiffing him with the rent and having to find someone else to take the flat instead.

She must have some serious issues as she's a lovely looking girl and seems to be quite nice apart from some bizarre outbursts from time to time.

There was also a couple who used to post about what they did at the weekend and what they were going to do to one another next time they were together and what "techniques" they had for getting through the time they were apart. I cackled a bit when they broke up, how mean. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

bah, sorry. back to that 'do you still have your accent' thread for me... kinda kiwi slang.

basically someone who's just a bit of a ... loser? waster? but without the necessary... tell ya what. it's a prat. you know you're playing football, you drop and kick it? someone who deserves that. just *drop* *kick away*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There is one particular girl who has been doing the rounds of the menfolk there. In the past 4 years she has been engaged to two of them (the second one ended so badly that the fella made a suicide attempt), she's been caught with her best mate's (also met on the forum) longterm boyfriend. She was moving in with another only to tell him that she wouldn't at the last minute, stiffing him with the rent and having to find someone else to take the flat instead.

She must have some serious issues as she's a lovely looking girl and seems to be quite nice apart from some bizarre outbursts from time to time.
    PM me the link.

Noaw!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My second cousin met some lad on the net.

Biggest mistake ever.You could write a book on their "releationship" but nobody would beleive it.

A list of things,

Threatend to hit her and refused to leave her house.

Lifted the handbrake in her car while she was driving on a dual carriageway at 60 mph.

Stole her car keys and threw them into a field somewhere.

Proposed to her,then called it off the next morning,after he had ordered the ring.

Proposed to her again,called it off again.

Loads more but I cant remember at the mo.

Complete a**hole.We think he has mild schizophrenia(sp?) or something

Sounds like your cousin has some serious self-esteem issues. After the first item on the list most normal people would be out the door and never looking back. Instead your cousin got engaged to him?

Advertisement