Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

When I say out of place I mean out of alignment to respect of the neutral position of the spinal column. The spine as you well know has kyphotic and lordotic curves throughout the column. Cervical & lumbar spine are lordotic, the thoracic & sacral are kyphotic. So say you take thoracic spine the orientation of the vertebrae is in flexion with superior facet that are convex & face posteriorly, superiorly & laterally. The approximate angles ( measurements taken from Kumar & Clarke) of declination transversely is 60 degrees and coronaly is 20 degrees. If the facets become locked in extended state (which again I have no numbers) mobility of the spine ,fluid dynamics are both restricted. Attaching structures such as erector spinae and multifidus muscles get stuck in lesion after a period of time which causes inervation of the area to become compromised. (sorry I'm getting to into the theory again)
    Basically yes, I have had it done, I just cant prove it to you so it's back to square 1. I have to concede that I cant back any of this up so what can I say?

Perhaps we just disagree on semantics...As you say the spine can become restricted or stiff and techniques can certainly be used to make them less stiff, but this is not the same as an out of line joint such as a shoulder dislocation.

You have some amount of knowledge for the level of a 3rd year student! - for whatever reason you didn't go on in the profession, you're a loss to the profession.

Advertisement