Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

cosmicfart wrote: »
    yeah you got that bit from the Stockburn character who is convinced he has killed 'the Preacher' before, there is nothing to say that he is a ghost though or was killed, he could have been injured and left for dead in a previous gunfight with Stockburn, thats the beauty of Pale Rider as there are bits in the story left to your own imagination/interpretation.

thier is a scene towards the end where several of the hired guns fire continously into a chair in a saloon where preacher is presumabley sitting , we eventually see that thier is no one in the chair yet the goons kept on firing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

irishh_bob wrote: »
    thier is a scene towards the end where several of the hired guns fire continously into a chair in a saloon where preacher is presumabley sitting , we eventually see that thier is no one in the chair yet the goons kept on firing

yeah but they were just Lahoods goons and not Stockburn deputies even though he wasted them all in the end, and rode off into the sunset :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Anything for Her - a film that dangles good ideas in front of the audience before being lazy and returning to generic nonsense.

I hate it when films do that - for me, it's just about the biggest let-down a film can give. I've seen quite a few like that, but the only one that springs to mind is The Good Son, with Elijah Wood and Macauley Culkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Watched Inception again last night, just seem to get more from this movie everytime I watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Watched Senna last night. Wonderful film, I thought. The gf loved it too despite the two of us not having too much interest in the sport.
    I found the constant focus on him, his racing and his greatest rivals really engaging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A bit late in the game for me, my turn for the library copy of Tron: Legacy came in. Loved it, well impressed. Have the soundtrack already. I would have liked a little more from the evil board members. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Mr. Brooks. My second time watching it and it's still very good. Criminally underrated. The score, picture, and Costner's performance and his chemistry with Hurt are terrific. Always worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

been to see X-Men First Class and Pirates 4

X-Men was first class, really enjoyed it! and Pirates was the complete opposite. rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Watched The Pristege last night. Brillaint movie.

Also been watching Pawn Stars which is a very good TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Predators: It was ok, nothing compared to the original one, but better than I thought it would be since when it came out all I heard was how bad it was. Also think Adrian Brody wa the wrong choice of lead for this kind of film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Season of the Witch
    Not bad ,I liked it.

30 Days of Night Dark Days
    Once was enough...............nowhere near as good as part one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Predators: It was ok, nothing compared to the original one, but better than I thought it would be since when it came out all I heard was how bad it was. Also think Adrian Brody wa the wrong choice of lead for this kind of film.

he was the wrong choice for king kong aswell , hes not suited to action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

The King's Speech.

A good movie but an oscar for best film, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Hollywood Homicide just finished on TV: didn't sound that interesting, but it kept my attention all the way through. I liked how Hollywood was almost a character in the movie - the locations as much as the wacky people who land there. Even the cops, who would clearly rather be doing something else at first. Harrison Ford seems like such a straight, boring guy that it's all the funnier when he goes Berserker in the final act.

I thought the funniest part was when HF and his partner (Josh Hartnett) were being questioned by Internal Affairs - except that Hollywood kept getting in the way, you might say. "$6.7 million? 6.75!" "A tree? He's a tree?!" "I have this pain in the L4-L5 area ..."

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Age of Heroes
    The true story of the formation of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando unit, a precursor for the elite forces in the U.K.
    If you like WW11 movies ,give this one a try.Nothing special ,but worth a look.
    LOL I did'nt recognise Sean Bean , too used to seeing him as Lord Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

Just watched George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead there and it was complete crap .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Legend- Been on a bit of a Ridley Scott mood lately, much prefer the directors cut to the original, and the Goldsmith score to Tangerine Dream's one, wonder will the blu-ray have both versions? Darkness is still one of the greatest makeup jobs in movie history, hard to believe thats Tim Curry under there.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Watched Good Morning Vietnam last night, it was Robin Williams back at his best I have to say! His radio broadcasts had me laughing but there was one line at the end that he says that just proved to me how funny he really was.

The film itself although I enjoyed it, I just felt the ending was a bit abrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

Age of Heroes

If you like WW11 movies ,give this one a try.Nothing special ,but worth a look.
    LOL I did'nt recognise Sean Bean , too used to seeing him as Lord Stark.

watched it myself last week, danny dyer seems to be getting the hang of this acting lark, only took 66 films. 6 out of 10 for the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Saw Gran Torino Wednesday night on RTE 1. Not bad but not Clints best either.

• Advertisement

sucker punch.... what a waste of time, complete crap

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

LAC wrote: »
    Just watched George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead there and it was complete crap .

My God, someone should've warned you! It's a film so bad you wonder if he ever had talent or if was he just lucky!

jackass 3.5, ball breakingly funny. not a fan of jackass but this is fantastic well worth a watch

jaykhunter wrote: »
    My God, someone should've warned you! It's a film so bad you wonder if he ever had talent or if was he just lucky!

lucky tbh, I dont get the love for his movies at all, Dawn is great but has aged horribly, the remake is better. yeah I went there :cool: Everything he's made recently is utter sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Sucker Punch....

WTF???? I'm lost????????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Kung Fu Panda

Seen it already but saw it this time in HD since the GF hadn't seen it before. I enjoyed it, considering I'm not big on Jack Black at all, but it has some fantastic set pieces and amazing looking scenes. A bit toooooo much slow-mo but that's really the only, and tiny, gripe I have with it. She like it too though she fell asleep (long day at work :pac:)

Wanted to see it to refresh my head before I watch the sequel.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Kung Fu Panda

Seen it already but saw it this time in HD since the GF hadn't seen it before. I enjoyed it, considering I'm not big on Jack Black at all, but it has some fantastic set pieces and amazing looking scenes. A bit toooooo much slow-mo but that's really the only, and tiny, gripe I have with it. She like it too though she fell asleep (long day at work :pac:)

Wanted to see it to refresh my head before I watch the sequel.

Its such a pity the entire movie isnt in the same style as the opening sequence, the movie itself is ncie looking, but the opening is fantastic:

"I see you like to chew...maybe you should chew...ON MY FIST!"

that line cracks me up every time I hear it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Just finished watching Maverick there on UTV. What a film indeed. Not that I would say its not one of Mel Gibson's best but he was better in Lethal Weapon(s). As Jodie Foster character says in the film that he is irritable but likeable at the same time. Thought the Danny Glover cameo was brilliant :D

Also never knew its was a TV series many years ago until I googled it.

Just finished watching Maverick there on UTV. What a film indeed. Not that I would say its not one of Mel Gibson's best but he was better in Lethal Weapon(s). As Jodie Foster character says in the film that he is irritable but likeable at the same time. Thought the Danny Glover cameo was brilliant :D

Also never know its was a TV series many years ago until I googled it.

I like Maverick, its harmless fun, great cast too: Gibson, Foster, James Garner, Alfred Molina, James Coburn, Graham Greene.

The Danny Glover cameo is great, love how the Lethal Weapon theme plays in the background too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Speaking of Graham Greene, what a brilliant actor who deserves a place in the ''failed to reach potential thread''.

Saw him in The Green Mile there last week which itself nearly had me crying at the end. Gotta love Toot the guy who helps the guards with the rehearsals before executions, had me in stitches. Also the film was the inspiration for my username :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement