Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wall St. Money Never Sleeps.
    Very average, was expecting much better. The movie didnt quite know where it wanted to go and tried to mix estranged relationships and a love story with coroporate greed and failed miserably at doing all three. Shia Lebouf was seriously miscast! Michael Douglas was the only redeeming feature and did admirably (rather tragic looking at it now when considering his current condition). The movie couldnt be saved though and I believe the once legendary Oliver Stone has seriously lost his touch!
    5/10

Literally just finished watching this and concur with your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans on Blu-ray, really enjoyed it. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

American: The Bill Hicks Story.

Brilliant, so tragic that he died so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Paranormal Activity: Loved it, found it better than the first, was expecting it to be horrible but liked the whole
    prequel
    concept. Would've enjoyed it a lot more if the group of teenagers shut up laughing for more than five minutes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

........staring Kevin Costner. Never seen it before , it was a lot better than I thought it would be.Worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Hobbit (1977). I liked the animation in this but I have the action music stuck in my head now along with down, down to goblin town! Oh bother, as Bilbo would say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Goodbye Solo(2008) By Ramin Bahrani- 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Black Death staring Sean Bean.Not as good as I was expecting and the ending was'nt great.Promised more than it delivered.
    But still worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

watched beowulf the other night , its a film i really like although i realise im in a minority there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

I watched Alien on blu ray after buying the box set over the w/end. Brilliant transfer which this film deserves. Not bothered with the other films in the set but I will get around to watching them before I use them for coasters.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

rednik wrote: »
    I watched Alien on blu ray after buying the box set over the w/end. Brilliant transfer which this film deserves. Not bothered with the other films in the set but I will get around to watching them before I use them for coasters.:eek:
    Aliens was epic also. Possibly my favourite of the 3. (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the 4th).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

rednik wrote: »
    Not bothered with the other films in the set but I will get around to watching them before I use them for coasters.:eek:

:eek:

I'll take Aliens off you and give you an aul' NYC coaster I bought in Hector Greys years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

:eek:

I'll take Aliens off you and give you an aul' NYC coaster I bought in Hector Greys years ago.

I'm going to watch Aliens tonight, what's the picture quality on Hector's coaster and has it got lossless audio.:p:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Brief encounter - overrated classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Unleashed - staring Morgan Freeman and Jet Li.

strange film, a different kind of roll for Jet Li, the boy can act as well as kick ass
    Bob Hoskins is in it too and he is great.

certainly worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BawnArd

Watched Outlaw, very good film. Another Nick Love classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

winters bone - loved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Easy A - Disappointing. :( Was really looking forward to it.

The Men Who Stare At Goats: Pretty good. I enjoyed Clooney's moustache. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Watching Scanners at the mo' - great show, if a bit dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Loved Ones..

.. excellent little Aussie horror with bits of dark comedy and quite similar to 'The League Of Gentlemen' at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Scanners 1980, David Cronenburgs commercial breakthrough. The last time I saw this was as a nervous teenager in 1981, so needless to say I'd actually forgotten most of it outside of the exploding heads and poping eyeballs. Pretty good film as it happpens, Michael Ironside was clearly born to be a scanner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jerusalema - South African movie about the life of a "Property Developer" Hillbrow Johannesburg style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

the_monkey wrote: »
    Jerusalema - South African movie about the life of a "Property Developer" Hillbrow Johannesburg style!

good movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

padma wrote: »
    good movie

Yes very good, Tsotsi is another good south african one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Dustin Hoffman put in a great performance in that one

Yes, agree. It's nice to see movies from different countries covering the gangster hard man scene rather than the usual American movies.

budgemook wrote: »
    Dustin Hoffman put in a great performance in that one

Are you sure its this you are reffering to? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468565/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Are you sure its this you are reffering to? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468565/

ah it was a joke.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Play on words. He's referring to Toosie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement