Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think we can improve After Hours?

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:40am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So here we are, the time you lot get to stick your oar in and let us know what you think about after hours and how we can improve on it. We would appreciate constructive criticism though, so none of your "it's a load of bollix" please. :D

When thanks was brought in it was removed from after hours and a few other forums. Due to the amount of users asking for it to be brought in, it was decided that it should be given a trial run and here we are. So you guys do have the power to change things. The way this forum is run is based quite a lot on user input so your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and we're looking forward to your replies.

*unsubscribes from thread* :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hookers and coke. Might as well get it in early.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ban anybody who answers a question with "yore ma" !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Bryn wrote: »

+1 on that ! That should have been done months ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what if the question is "who squirted you out after 9 months, fed and raised ya for 18 years?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

what if the question is "who squirted you out after 9 months, fed and raised ya for 18 years?"

The answer should be......"my ma" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Keep the thanks, it's working well here.

Overall, I think AH is grand, can't think of anything major that needs changing. Javaboy and Doc Bollocko are doing good jobs as new mods. When javaboy posts in bold, it gives me the horn. I'd go gay for him, if he was up for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pyr0 wrote: »
    +1 on that ! That should have been done months ago !

Believe me I've been tempted many a time (I actually did it once in a thread because there was so many of them deleted). We are kinda wary about banning people for using yore ma. Simply because it's a pretty crap thing to get banned for. I have warned and banned people before for excessive use of it and I will definitely continue to do so.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Believe me I've been tempted many a time (I actually did it once in a thread because there was so many of them deleted). We are kinda wary about banning people for using yore ma. Simply because it's a pretty crap thing to get banned for. I have warned and banned people before for excessive use of it and I will definitely continue to do so.

agreed.

using YORE MA is crap enough, without getting banned for it as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Keep the thanks, it's working well here.

Overall, I think AH is grand, can't think of anything major that needs changing. Javaboy and Doc Bollocko are doing good jobs as new mods. When javaboy posts in bold, it gives me the horn. I'd go gay for him, if he was up for it.
    He's mine. I can't see a reason to drop thanks. It hasn't been abused or delibritely whored in any major way that we haven't been able to stop so far. A lot of people seem to like it so I'm happy to leave it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

i second that

oh and ban people who point out spelling mistakes- its just sad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't see anything that needs improvement. Yore Ma is an old gag that has gone old, but its a good way of finding out who has nothing valid to say in a thread and just wants attention.

Javaboy and Dr.Bollocko are doing a fine job so fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

i second that

it's :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Eh, the YORE MA is old, unoriginal and 99 times out of 100 cringeworthingly unfunny. But banning it is going a tad far.
    I'd like to also recognise the great job dr.bollocko and javaboy have done so far. Overall I think AH really doesn't need much improving.
    i second that

+1. Spelling/grammar Nazis are worse than people who use txtspk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,256 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So here we are, the time you lot get to stick your oar in and let us know what you think about after hours and how we can improve on it. We would appreciate constructive criticism though, so none of your "it's a load of bollix" please. :D

When thanks was brought in it was removed from after hours and a few other forums. Due to the amount of users asking for it to be brought in, it was decided that it should be given a trial run and here we are. So you guys do have the power to change things. The way this forum is run is based quite a lot on user input so your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and we're looking forward to your replies.

*unsubscribes from thread* :)
    Is it that time of year again?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

When deleting a user's posts it might be an idea to send the user a quick PM to let them know why said post was deleted. It'll save them from making the same mistake again and ultimately become a better user.

Overheal wrote: »
    Is it that time of year again?
    No, ikkypoo got laid a month or so ago. Didn't you see the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Can we quit the flirting on threads? Take it to pm or VM people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Allow images to be posted. Maybe have it so that it is posted as a link or thumbnail but when you click it, it expands?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Kiera wrote: »
    Can we quit the flirting on threads?
    Oh you :o

No, ikkypoo got laid a month or so ago. Didn't you see the thread?

....and a few times since, but I thought starting a thread every time it happened would grow old and stale quicker than Yore Ma

• Advertisement

Allow images to be posted.

Unfortunately that won't be happening. Too much potential for some serious muppetry.

Maybe have it so that it is posted as a link or thumbnail but when you click it, it expands?

That's something for CuLT. I'd say it would be a lot of effort though if it would even work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Can we quit the flirting on threads? Take it to pm or VM people.

Where in gods name does this happen?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where in gods name does this happen?
    There's been a lot of it the last few weeks. Not good!

There's been a lot of it the last few weeks. Not good!

Maybe for the hot wimmins ,yeah ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stop countless threads asking.. 'How do you think we can improve After Hours?'

Only kidding ;):)

Keeping thanks is good as it shows how the general mood of a thread is flowing and the mods do a good job keeping threads civil.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Maybe for the hot wimmins ,yeah ;)
    I would love for the guys who would get up and anything to be banned too but we'd be left with a pretty empty boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I would love for the guys and girls who would get up and anything to be banned too but we'd be left with a pretty empty boards ;)

don't forget the girls ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Make me a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Tom Trojan

"No thanks" (button)?

• Advertisement

Tom Trojan wrote: »
    "No thanks" (button)?
    The admins ruled that one out a long time ago. It would make the thanks system too much like the rep system which was abused and removed.

Advertisement