Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchmen - Advance Screening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Nope, i'm still waiting :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm it seems the usually overly-critical Entertainment.ie have seen it fit to give the movie 5 stars. I can't think of the last time that site gave a film full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

tvnutz wrote: »

to quote the earlier entertainment.ie review i don't think that reviewer 'got it'.

I thought the graphic novel was a thought provoking piece and to me possibly the best comic/graphic novel (a graphic novel is at its most basic a defined issue of a comic).

whoops i've strayed into that which i dislike which is commenting on that which i havent seen(next thing you know ill be joining the anti-daily mail - if there is one).

but i feel comfortable in knowing the graphic novel and seeing how the trailer is pretty faithful and other reviews that this review must be wrong. if it isnt i, well i guess i'll offer up some sort of forfeit. anyone willing to take on the other side of that forfeit, lets go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

tvnutz wrote: »

bwaa ha ha ha ha .

oh thats brilliant. the poor sod completly missed the point. i love the way he mentions nixon still being president as the jumping on point of being in an alternate 1985.

he mustve missed the whole america losing viet nam thing :):):)

clearly the bloke was expecting "x men", if memory serves the team never did have a name revealed to us. "masks" was just a term of reference to any crimefighter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, well it seems I have a litle email informing me I have won the competition; now this is very surprising given that I have no lucking in winning any of these things. Well aren't I chuffed hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I won 2 tickets of Movies.ie, I might have 1 to spare, if so I'll give it to another boardsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I won 2 tickets of Movies.ie, I might have 1 to spare, if so I'll give it to another boardsie.

Dibs if you're serious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Whoo, just got an email there saying I won 2 tickets. Cannot wait.

Aww, and there's me thinking I was the only one *huffs* :p HOw many tickets were they giving away anyway, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

orestes wrote: »
    Dibs if you're serious :D

second dibs if orestes somehow dies in a tragic accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 robgordon

Awwwwwe I want tickets now! Is anywhere else doing them?
    Don't use Movies.ie as they don't review films.

Seems like its just propaganda for whatever is out that week, whenever I've look at their site - which, admittedly isn't much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yay I won! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

pixelburp wrote: »
    How many tickets were they giving away anyway, does anyone know?
    According to its Twitter status yesterday, 335:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sammyv

Is Ironman going to be in this film, because some of the trailers show Robert Downey junior???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

Orls81 wrote: »
    Is Ironman going to be in this film, because some of the trailers show Robert Downey junior???

I'm speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ronano wrote: »
    second dibs if orestes somehow dies in a tragic accident

Ok, now I'm frightened........

fitz wrote: »
    I'm speechless.

Is that a yes or a no? im not a comic book expert. Maybe i should just google it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Orls81 wrote: »

OMG ! seriously man, google it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's Jeffrey Dean Morgan from Greys Anatomy, just a strong resemblance dude

EDIT - Woah you mean the actual character of Iron Man?! NO, NO NO!

• Advertisement

Jeffrey Dean Morgan - spit of Robert Downey Junior.

Holy crap, im mad i even asked the question now!!!

I love watching all comic hero films, im just not an expert.

Last i heard, there was going to be a film with Ironman and a few others in it..league of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Justice League! Wait no.... you're thinking of The Avengers dude.

I didn't get an email or tickets, I CALL SHENANIGANS! Where's mah tickets?!
    Clearly I deserve to win and this is a gross oversight on Movies.ie part. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I got 'em. Sweet! Wednesday evening is going to rock. Expect spoilers a'plenty, suckers!!! I'll post spoilers in every single thread on boards.ie, just to be sure I get you all.

Actually, seeing as I've read The Watchmen four times, I might just do that now anyway! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ferrerofilms

Samuel L.Jackson is Nick Fury in the Justice movie. cant wait for Watchmen tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Whoop won two tickets.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I won 2 tickets aswell :D

Ok, who here didn't win tickets damnit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

going tonight, will divulge all tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

hdzfc iys ****

Advertisement