Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    Thu 22nd Spend over €50 in the store and get a chance to spin a wheel for silly prizes and maybe a shopping voucher.
    Fri 23rd Spend over €10 and get a free doughnut
    Sat 24th Kids - bouncy castle, treasure hunt, face painting, clown
    Sun 25th Spend over €10 and get a free hotdog
    There is free tea, coffee, cakes each day. Fruit and Veg are half-price each day as well

Bumpity. Was there earlier, stocked up on stuff. For today only there is 10% off your receipt as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

there's a fruit and veg shop at the corner in supervalu car park selling milk at 1.29 thats cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Anybody know of good quality(ie phillips) low energy light bulbs on offer around the city?? Don't want to be paying 9 or 10 euro a bulb??

Woodies have 'em until today 25th
    Philips Energy Saving Genie Light Bulb 8w/11w €2.49 each or 5 for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Woodies have 'em until today 25th
    Philips Energy Saving Genie Light Bulb 8w/11w €2.49 each or 5 for €5
    Thanks very much.. I'll stock up there. I keep forgeting about woodies for these things :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I was in the Lidl in Doughiska today and the fruit and veg were not half price, was it only the one in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Ya, only the one beside Argos had the extra bargains.Had a 22in widescreen LCD monitor for 75e and a 320GB DVD recorder for 100e. Both super bargains.

Lidl Headford Rd have €5 off a €50 spend all this week

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay in hotels in Galway and around the country
    1 night 45, 2 nights 40, 3 night 35 pps
    http://www.lidl-breaks.ie/search.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Interesting offer from City Direct - details here.

(NB link is to my site 'cos I can't see details of the offer on their site. They emailed me directly about it, the email looks genuine and is consistent with others that I've received from them. No, I don't know what they'll do with the email addresses that they collect, but I'm sure there are laws about what they're allowed to do.)

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Interesting offer from City Direct - details here.
    (NB link is to my site 'cos I can't see details of the offer on their site. They emailed me directly about it, the email looks genuine and is consistent with others that I've received from them. No, I don't know what they'll do with the email addresses that they collect, but I'm sure there are laws about what they're allowed to do.)

I saw this advertised last week or the week before and I'd say they've reached their 50 kids quota by now unless mummy can't bear not to thunder her way in her shiny tractor to the educational facility with her precious spawn encased in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I saw this advertised last week or the week before and I'd say they've reached their 50 kids quota by now unless mummy can't bear not to thunder her way in her shiny tractor to the educational facility with her precious spawn encased in the back.

They emailed me about in on Thurs ... I just didn't get to doing anything about it 'til Sunday :-( So they may not have been immediately snapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 boots73

Just got this so may not all be gone yet. Thanks JustMary! :D

Lidl have a 2m HDMI cable with gold-plated connection for 6.99 from today Thurs Sept2nd. 3year guarantee. They'll probably sell out quick enough even though can be got cheaper on sendit.com. Still not a bad price.

Today, Sunday 19th Sept, ALDI have a 3 way HDMI Switch Box with InfraRed remote control and sensor for sale at 11.99e each. Not a bad price and very useful for anyone who has a HD TV with only 1 HDMI input and more than 1 HD device e.g. Bluray,Xbox etc. to connect up. The store I was in hadn't got many of these in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,909 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Might be of interest to somebody: 'Grate, Gas and Electrical' (beside Tesco) are closing down and selling off all their stock (fireguards, camping stuff, plumbing etc.) Sign says 'No reasonable offer refused' so if yer into any of that stuff and a good haggler you might find something. Seemed to be a good lot of stock in there earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Might be of interest to somebody: 'Grate, Gas and Electrical' (beside Tesco) are closing down and selling off all their stock (fireguards, camping stuff, plumbing etc.) Sign says 'No reasonable offer refused' so if yer into any of that stuff and a good haggler you might find something. Seemed to be a good lot of stock in there earlier.

Very over-priced shop in the first place, so eventhough you may think you're getting a 'bargain' off their RRP you could prob get it for the same price elsewhere

Terryland Fruit&Veg currently have
    6 eggs for 29c
    10kg Queens €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Terryland Fruit&Veg currently have
    6 eggs for 29c

Hope they are free range. If not, you might as well be buying blood diamonds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hope they are free range. If not, you might as well be buying blood diamonds.

hah! yeah...that's a rational comparison :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Chickens only have to have "access" to free space to be classes as free range. There can be 10,000 chickens in a chicken house and if there is a 2 square foot opening to an outdoor area all 10,000 chickens are classed as free range even if they never get of their arses. Beware of the labeling and the standards behind it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Daz 90 Wash powder 12.99 Euro at N17 in Terryland.
    Unbeatable price.

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Unbeatable price.

Persil 70 wash was €4.29 in Tesco all last week
    So, it is beatable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Swiped from Bargain Alerts in case some of you didn't see it there.

From Iarnrod Eireann website : http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=931
    General News
    Free Seats Dublin Galway by Marketing Department

Iarnród Éireann is piloting a new online fares system on the Dublin Galway route. Customers can avail of Free Seats* if they book in advance on www.irishrail.ie or by calling 1850 366 222 (for calls outside the republic of Ireland - 00 353 1 8366222) between 08.30-18.00 Monday to Friday & Saturday 09.00 - 18.00.

In addition, there will now be a greater availability of other discounted fares, including €10 each way, on Galway route services.

*Small Print:

Free and discounted fares are subject to limited availability.
    Free seats are not available on the day of travel.
    Bookings can only be made up to 28 days in advance.
    All web bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
    Offer excludes €2 transaction fee.
    €1 credit card fee per transaction.
    No fee for Debit/Laser cards.
    Subject to the success of this pilot, Iarnród Éireann will examine extending the system to other routes.

So what are you waiting for book now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

l LARGE bottle of vodka 19.99 in Joyces - nice one for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Also posted in BA but might be of interest to someone here - 2-in-1 Duracell Portable USB Charger for €3.95 in Tesco. should be more than €60.
    portable charger for usb electronics. might be handy for someone going abroad and not wanting to get an adaptor just for an mp3 player.

still a couple left in Tesco Headford Road when i was there yesterday. picked up 2 of them, just couldn't resist the bargain :D

EDIT: you have to ask at the counter for them. they're displayed to the left behind the counter beside the books.
    took me a while to see it though

http://omg.wthax.org/Duracell_2_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I wonder where the cheapest retailer for FM11 is? Weather isn't the best for running around comparing prices!

What's an FM11?

btw guys, much excitement..
    On Monday next, Tesco will be opened in Oranmore with 110 workers and a Tesco Express in Newcastle in the city will create 15 jobs.
    If anyone hears they have opening offers, share the info

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Unbeatable price.

I just go to Lidl for that stuff. Can't remember the size but it's fair big and only about a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I wonder where the cheapest retailer for FM11 is? Weather isn't the best for running around comparing prices!

I think HMV have it for 39.99

EDIT: Actually it's only 31.99 on www.greenmangaming.com :D

Advertisement