Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night: Heavy Snow and Rain threat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

Will this reach as far north as Dublin ??:D Rte just said it would be rain on Monday night, sure what do they know! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Rain according to Met Eireann on RTE one there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Latest GFS run has the precip missing us completely as the Low is further south. So the track looks very uncertain. UKMO also has it too far south. Very different to the ECM. Should get some clarity tomorrow.

P.S Met Eireann forcasting rain - if it does hit us like the ECM suggests it's going to be snow for most IMO. If it goes to the south it will be snow for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

darkman2 wrote: »
    Latest GFS run has the precip missing us completely as the Low is further south. So the track looks very uncertain. UKMO also has it too far south. Very different to the ECM. Should get some clarity tomorrow.

P.S Met Eireann forcasting rain - if it does hit us like the ECM suggests it's going to be snow for most IMO. If it goes to the south it will be snow for England.

Even if the front is too far south we could get some home grown Irish sea stuff. Like last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

FSXX00T_60.jpg
    Don't think that weather system will get too close to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Don't think Monday/Tuesday will be up to much lads, but tonight or later in the week might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

GFS midnight run also has the LP too far south to give anything but the southern coastline some rain.

Tbh, I'd prefer it to keep too far south rather than have heavy sleet like Tuesday this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Met Eireann at 7:55am said it would move north tomorrow and away from southern coasts it is likely to fall as sleet and snow, heaviest in the southern part of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

lads snow very thick in clondalkin !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sunday Morning, South Dublin > Snowing (fine snow), but I dont expect it to stick this time, too much influence from the Atlantic according to all weather reports > sleet/rain later in the day maybe ..................

No dout some snow will 'stick' on higher ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Min wrote: »
    Met Eireann at 7:55am said it would move north tomorrow and away from southern coasts it is likely to fall as sleet and snow, heaviest in the southern part of the country.

Wow...bbc rainfall prediction and GFS shows that low missing us to the south completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i don't know about monday night, but it's snowing pretty heavily in Navan right now. :)

th_snow2.jpg

was planning on going for Sunday lunch at the in-laws but I don't know if we'd get back the way it's snowing right now. :eek:

even with a 4WD the main problem we had last week was getting stuck behind all the people who don't have one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Well I've just driven to work in Dublin and tis bad out there. Although it seems to be thawing quire quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

met.ie:

Tomorrow will begin cold, dry and bright in most areas but a band of heavy rain and strengthening easterly winds will spread from the south as the day progresses and there is a high risk that this will fall as sleet and snow in some places away from the south coast. Highest temperatures 2 to 5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

met.ie:

Tomorrow will begin cold, dry and bright in most areas but a band of heavy rain and strengthening easterly winds will spread from the south as the day progresses and there is a high risk that this will fall as sleet and snow in some places away from the south coast. Highest temperatures 2 to 5 degrees.

The placing off the precip is still very uncertain, could reach Antrim or might just clip Cork!

The GFS ensembles place it slightly further north then the op run so alot of confusion really. The sea area forcast on Met.ie suggest something more widespread aswell.

Hopefully this will be sorted by tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

darkman2 wrote: »
    The GFS ensembles place it slightly further north then the op run so alot of confusion really. The sea area forcast on Met.ie suggest something more widespread aswell.

Hopefully this will be sorted by tonight.

Ah christ ! Ok experts I need your help - Driveway cant get out of since thur night - severe ice - inch thick easily - currently whiteout!

Tuesday morning we have 1 being confirmed 11am in Dunlaoghaire - whats the chance of mayhem!

jenzz wrote: »
    Ah christ ! Ok experts I need your help - Driveway cant get out of since thur night - severe ice - inch thick easily - currently whiteout!

Tuesday morning we have 1 being confirmed 11am in Dunlaoghaire - whats the chance of mayhem!

No one knows atm. For now the most likely outcome is you won't have a problem on Tuesday.

i'm looking forward to the forecasts on the bbc and rte now. it'll be interesting to see what they say for Monday.

i'm looking forward to the forecasts on the bbc and rte now. it'll be interesting to see what they say for Monday.

BBC will just have the automated 6z UKM output which is one of the most southerly tracks although edging towards the ECM.

• Advertisement

BBC will just have the automated 6z UKM output which is one of the most southerly tracks although edging towards the ECM.

and what will met eireann be using? are you saying neither forecasted can be trusted about what happens on monday?

and what will met eireann be using? are you saying neither forecasted can be trusted about what happens on monday?

Yep!

ECM and UKM and GFS differ widely on the low placement and thus precip placement! It will be a wait and see job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Will it be cold enough for snow? Seems 850hPa, Dp and thickness are all a bit high north or south when the precipitation arrives?

well, i know you said discount the bbc weather's predictions but if they are correct it said awful conditions for southern england on monday with blizzards. if not it could be snow nirvana for parts of ireland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

well, i know you said discount the bbc weather's predictions but if they are correct it said awful conditions for southern england on monday with blizzards. if not it could be snow nirvana for parts of ireland:D
    what did the forecast say on bbc?
    What times the farming forecast on rte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Pangea wrote: »

12:50 RTE1

Pangea wrote: »

on Wednesday it showed the high pressure building out to the west effectively killing off the snow potential from the north. in the more immediate term he described monday as "awful" in southern england with widespread snow and the potential for blizzards. according to their maps it looks like on monday it'll be dry over Ireland bar the odd pointless rain or hail shower in the west and northwest

Is that it now? is this the last of the snow?
    I'll miss it, for sure. Was lovely ,brought out the kid in all of us.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Is that it now? is this the last of the snow?
    I'll miss it, for sure. Was lovely ,brought out the kid in all of us.

for now maybe but there surely will be more snow before the month is over.

• Advertisement

for now maybe but there surely will be more snow before the month is over.

Really?? have you seen any good indicators? Share the fun :)
    How cool, if we do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement