Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you go to work today? Will you go tomorrow?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Came in today. Got in early thank God so I'll get home at a reasonable hour this evening hopefully even if there are delays.
    2 hrs 35 mins Dublin to Kells last night on a bus was not pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm in Tallaght, but I'm halfway up the moutain so I guess it's worse up here. Where in South Dublin are you?

Sounds right. I'm in Saggart village, and it was still pretty heavy there when I left. Still got out though. The roads were pretty empty this morning: looks like most people decided to sleep on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm only a 20min walk from work so no reason for me not to head in. Even if there were blizzard conditions outside I'd still attempt to make it in. Unless you're dying or have some valid reason to keep you at home you should always try to make it into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

can work from home now and then so stayed at home yesterday and am in today. still a good few not in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

In college now. Got the train. There was snow falling from the sky but close to none on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'm in Tallaght, but I'm halfway up the moutain so I guess it's worse up here. Where in South Dublin are you?

get your ass into work - my work buddy is from Tallaght and he's sitting beside me:p

I came in btw..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dodge wrote: »
    It may only have been " a little snow" but visibility was dreadful and cars could not get up motorway off ramps

Cars can, Irish drivers can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I have to head to Westport for work this evening. I hope to christ it snows like fcuk so i can cancel it. There's no fcuking way i'm driving from Galway to Westport (amd back again) with the roads in a bad condition.

/looks out window praying for snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

inforfun wrote: »
    Cars can, Irish drivers can't.

Possibly (but the lack of decent winter tyres wouldn't help). Seen some dradfully dangerous driving yesterday too...

made it in this morning. Decided to get bus as it looked like roads were slushy and missus didn't fancy drive. Direct bus didn't turn up which was annoying but slow "normal" bus made decent time. Main roads were wet but OK (roads out of the estates were still covered in snow/ice).

Once i got past inchicore there was no sign of snow/ice. A work colleague from Slane didn't make it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

Had every intention of going into work when the battery in my car decided to go completely dead. Jump started it but kep going again. So as i would have been late for work anyway which is an hour away because of the roads i said i would try and drive my car to the garage which is an hour away as well and get everything done in one day rather than take half day today and whatever time i need tomorrow to get car fixed up as its under warranty in the garage.
    Hope my boss isn't going to be too mad at me tomorrow when i go in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

get your ass into work - my work buddy is from Tallaght and he's sitting beside me:p

I came in btw..
    I'm in work now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'm in work now:(

crap isn't it.. Im leaving early though.. creche just rang they have to close early - yippee :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm in work now, but I probably shouldn't have come in. I've got a chest infection. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

didnt go into college yesterday, didnt go in today either. i honestly have no excuse not to go in, its not snowing here, i live literally less then 5min walk away! oh well! pjs and tea all day for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bunch of pansies, thelorrayis.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bongo2

I live in rural Co Cork. I had to abandon my car about a mile from home this morning as I couldn't get it up a small hill. Tyres kept spinning...going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dodge wrote: »
    A work colleague from Slane didn't make it in

:eek:

They dieded?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Came in today. Got in early thank God so I'll get home at a reasonable hour this evening hopefully even if there are delays.
    2 hrs 35 mins Dublin to Kells last night on a bus was not pretty.

3 hours getting home tonight despite the roads not being as bad as last night. :(

Advertisement